News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

Made mah day.

Started by ETFROXX, April 14, 2011, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

braix

I use Chrome and I don't see anything wrong with it.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Maelstrom

Chrome's a memory hog. But most other browsers are too, so there's not too much you can complain about there.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Maelstrom on May 29, 2015, 05:07:05 PMWhat makes it worse than any other browser around?
That's quite the loaded question you have there, sir!
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FierceDeity

Quote from: Maelstrom on May 29, 2015, 06:33:58 PMChrome's a memory hog. But most other browsers are too, so there's not too much you can complain about there.

It's like you guys don't even fully read through the multiple-page articles I link on a frequent basis
Quotenine tab test
Chrome: 775MB (14 processes)
IE: 714 MB (7 processes)
Firefox: 510MB (1 process)
Safari: 115 MB (1 process)

Again, I use chrome, but saying that "most other browsers also use a lot memory" still doesn't change the fact that chrome uses the most.

KefkaticFanatic

http://lifehacker.com/why-chrome-uses-so-much-freaking-ram-1702537477

Edjumacate yoself

Also Safari is a shite browser so I don't think it's really fair to put it (or IE) in an actual comparison.

me irl
[close]

FierceDeity

Neat.

Though I don't actually have a problem with the memory usage, hence why I still use it without alterations lol

And I mean, it becomes more fair when the comparison also includes some of those other things that make Safari as shitty as it is (though it did kinda underplay/simplify them to "it's just kinda slower"). But it also kinda makes sense that Safari is the default for Macs considering their depressingly low RAM/price ratio

DrP

I use Chrome on one of those new Macbooks with a very basic processor and it doesnt start to do funky things until after I have 9 tabs open and stuff.
I rarely have more than 5 open at any given time.

Also. Big news.
I have an interview with the Japan firm in my firm's global network (note, we are not one firm for legal purposes). If I get the job, it means I permanently move to Tokyo!
I'm still completely on the fence because it means I have to quit my current firm and start working in an entirely different expertise area (something I know very little about), but JAPAN.
And I may have a slight hard time adjusting to the culture because I am a loud, noisy American and Japanese naturally are dismissive of gaijin (i.e. I will have a very hard time finding an apartment)
BUT
I would love to live in Japan and travel away for some weekends to places in Asia where I can get cheap flights (Beijing, Shanghai, Taipei, Seoul, etc...)

So Many Pros and Cons!

Nebbles

This sounds like one hell of an opportunity, though.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

DrP

Yeah. And now would be the best time to go!! I have nothing tying me down, so it's the perfect time.

I still have quite a few questions for the recruiter, but if all goes well... Sayonara California!

Nebbles

You should go! It's the perfect time as you said, plus dude, all that delicious food and sake you're gonna get? Hell yeah.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

mikey

I can't really tell you guys what the problem is but I welcome you to try and do a simple internet search in less than a minute without the screen going all wonky

I couldn't even use NSM in chrome

and FYI I use comodo IceDragon, NOT internet explorer
unmotivated

FierceDeity

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on May 29, 2015, 08:53:04 PMI can't really tell you guys what the problem is but I welcome you to try and do a simple internet search in less than a minute without the screen going all wonky

challenge accepted
*0.5 seconds later*
challenge completed

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on May 29, 2015, 08:53:04 PMI couldn't even use NSM in chrome

I see two possibilities here:

1. You are trying to access the internet on something with the processing power of a TI-82.
2. Your computer is literally haunted.

DrP

Quote from: Nebbles on May 29, 2015, 08:43:55 PMYou should go! It's the perfect time as you said, plus dude, all that delicious food and sake you're gonna get? Hell yeah.
I know.

But aside from personal reasons, I also need to take into account professional reasons.

If I ever want to come back to the US, what I will be doing in Japan won't help me advance in what I am doing now. So its either doing expat and individual tax or focus on corporate tax (which is much easier when you don't have to do with FinCEN and FACTA and all that crap)

mikey

unmotivated

FierceDeity

Oh also shit DrP that's awesome. As someone who potentially wants to work in Japan myself, I've definitely thought of what a difficult decision that would be (even if the possibility isn't as near-to-present for me).