News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

Made mah day.

Started by ETFROXX, April 14, 2011, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperFireKirby

Got my new pedal board today! GOODBYE EXCESSIVE AMOUNTS OF POWER CABLES!

Also, I'm gonna be starting to do open mic nights at a bunch of(most likely hipster infested*shudder*) places. I'll record some videos and post them so you can all have eargasms to the sounds of my BEAUTIFUL voice.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Dude

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 01, 2013, 08:06:59 AMNow you're meowth. Jub you are killing me here.
He's using that site Mashi used for his Yuki avatar a while back.

SlowPokemon

Yeah haha I remember when he had a bunch of different melancholy ones.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bubbles

I opened a late christmas present, and it was one of those Pikachu hats :D Now I can finally be coll like all of you guys

Plus were getting two Australian Shepherd Cattle Dog mix puppies this weekend :D I cant express my excitement

Dude

EFitTrainr

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on January 03, 2013, 02:26:17 PMI opened a late christmas present, and it was one of those Pikachu hats :D Now I can finally be coll like all of you guys

Plus were getting two Australian Shepherd Cattle Dog mix puppies this weekend :D I cant express my excitement

pics of the hat
I like food.

Waddle Bro

Bubbles

Also the Pikachu McDonalds toy my little cousin gave me <3 they came out in the summer or so which means hes been saving it for me for months

Quote from: Waddle Bro on January 03, 2013, 03:12:33 PMand the face
haha

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

EFitTrainr

I like food.

SlowPokemon

My Melancholy DVDs came today! The first volume wasn't the official limited edition (damn you Amazon) so I didn't get the awesome box that holds all the DVDs or the weird hair ribbon thing, but I did get the DVD itself and the two CDs that come with the limited edition, so I'm really happy.

Here's the breakdown in case any of the Melancholy fans are interested:

Volume 1
-Two CDS: The Character Song Vol. 6 (Kyon's Sister) and Vol. 9 (Kyon)
-DVD itself containing "The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina" (episode 00) and the first three parts of the Melancholy arc in chronological order and a few bonus features
-Box with Haruhi bunny girl on it (lol)

Volume 2
-One CD: "Bouken Desho Desho" with another song by Aya Hirano (JP voice of Haruhi) as well as karaoke versions of both
-Red arm band made like one of Haruhi's many throughout the show (don't remember which one)
-Weird double sided fanservicey-decorated pencil board (no idea what that is)
-Iron-on for a t-shirt featuring Haruhi
-DVD itself containing parts 4, 5 and 6 of the Melancholy arc in chronological order and "The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya" as well as bonus features
-Second disc contains the first five episodes as seen in Japan--original broadcast order; only in Japanese with English subtitles
-Box with cool art all over it

Volume 3
-One CD: Character Song Vol. 1 (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Fanservicey pillowcase (lol)
-Another fanservicey double-sided pencil board (what the hell is a pencil board)
-Iron-on with the SOS Brigade logo
-DVD featuring "Mysterique Sign" and the "Remote Island Syndrome" arc as well as bonus features
-Second disc contains episodes 6-10 in Japanese broadcast order; again only in Japanese with English subtitles
-Box with even cooler art

Volume 4
-One CD: "Insert Song Single" featuring "God knows..." and "Lost my music" (the two songs Haruhi sings in the festival) as well as the opening to "The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina"
-Another fanservicey pillowcase (ahahaha who would use these)
-Yet another pencil board (wtf am I supposed to use these for)
-Iron-on with Haruhi-chan (from the spinoff)
-DVD featuring "Live Alive," "Day of Sagittarius," and "Someday in the Rain" as well as bonus features
-Second disc contains episodes 11-14 in Japanese broadcast order, still only in Japanese with English subs
-Box with cool art again

All in all, considering that I paid $6.68 for each, a FANTASTIC buy. Haruhi fans, go order these on Amazon before the prices rise!!!

On another note, today my brother and I watched the entire season in chronological order (watching episode 00 before "Live Alive") and he really liked it. He said it was really weird but he liked it a lot more than he expected--basically my reaction. He said he's going to watch the movie with me when I get it--can't wait! It was a lot of fun to watch it again and I'm sure I'll watch the Japanese discs soon.

I realize I probably sound like a bit of a weeaboo but really I'm just a Haruhi fanboy (thanks to Mashi).

Oh and if anyone wants pics, just ask ^^

Mashi

The above post has made my day.

Also, I want pictures!!!!!!!!!

SlowPokemon

WARNING huge post :P

Volume 1 bundle:

Volume 2 bundle:

Close-up view of volume 2 box art:

Close-up view of volume 2 pencil board (side 1):

Close-up view of volume 2 pencil board (side 2):

Volume 3 bundle:

Close-up view of volume 3 box art:

Close-up view of volume 3 pencil board (side 1):

Close-up view of volume 3 pencil board (side 2):

Volume 4 bundle:

Close-up view of volume 4 box art:

Close-up view of volume 4 pencil board (side 1):

Close-up view of volume 4 pencil board (side 2):

Close-up view of the other side of the CD:

SuperFireKirby

Just judging by what I'm seeing, I'd say this series is:  85% boobs, 9% panties, 6% anime facial expressions, 4% plot, and 2% butterscotch ripple.

And yes, I do realize that is 106%. But I thought of that one Willy Wonka scene while I was typing so deal with it.

SlowPokemon

it's not at all, just for some reason all of the merchandise is ::) probably to get twelve year old boys into the show or something