News:

It's not Opposite Day.

Main Menu

Made mah day.

Started by ETFROXX, April 14, 2011, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

Would I know this Kirkhope from anywhere?
unmotivated

MaestroUGC

He's the composer of the Banjo-Kazooie games, as well as other stuff since then.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Sebastian

Aaaaaand Donkey Kong 64, Banjo-Tooie, and MUCH MORE.

mikey

Then no.  No I would not.
unmotivated

Olimar12345

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 27, 2015, 08:30:33 PMspeaking of them, which ones should I watch out for?

It's looking like sheik + the retail exclusives are the ones to look out for this wave.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Nebbles

I'd love to give David Wise a thank you for the music in Diddy Kong Racing, as it's one of my favorite N64 games. I still love the soundtrack greatly to this day.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Bloop

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on January 27, 2015, 06:27:34 PMNew Muse album. Apparently they're stripping away all the silly electronics and symphonics they've grown rather fond of. Which is good since Absolution is my fav Muse album. Yay <3
I've heard this a couple of months ago and I'm so exciteeeeed
I think they're going for a more Origin of Symmetry- maybe even Showbiz-like sound, rather than Absolution. That album was more space rock with quite some electronic stuff. There's a whole speculation page about it somewhere

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Bloop on January 27, 2015, 10:32:55 PMI've heard this a couple of months ago and I'm so exciteeeeed
I think they're going for a more Origin of Symmetry- maybe even Showbiz-like sound, rather than Absolution. That album was more space rock with quite some electronic stuff. There's a whole speculation page about it somewhere
Well, it was much less electronic-reliant than anything following it(though it was very spacey, and I like that) and I wouldn't think they'd do a total 180 on the sound they've developed over the last 10 years.

But then again, it is Muse. They made dubstep with actual fucking instruments.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Bloop

I just read Matt said the album will sound more like Absolution and Black Hooes hm

orchestra rock dubstep best dubstep

DrP

FINALLY!

I loved their early stuff (Showbiz, Absolution and Origin of Symmetry) -- I DID NOT like the 2nd Law. Not one bit.

My group of friends in high school was obsessed with Knights of Cydonia when I was a junior. One of them was a metalhead.

A lot of good music is coming out this year!

Bloop

2nd Law wasn't that bad, it was just something different. I didn't like Madness, Survival and Big Freeze at first, but I've grown to like them

DrP

Quote from: Bloop on January 27, 2015, 10:58:01 PM2nd Law wasn't that bad, it was just something different. I didn't like Madness, Survival and Big Freeze at first, but I've grown to like them
Those are the only ones I somewhat like.

I remember when I first got the album. I was with some of my residents in my car and then Unsustainable comes on and we just start laughing when the dubstep comes in.

I also really like half the songs from The Resistance and a few from Black Holes (I have the Resistance on Vinyl)

FierceDeity

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 27, 2015, 08:41:24 PMWould I know this Kirkhope from anywhere?

I swear, sometimes I wonder if you're even aware of the existence of google

Bloop

There are just a few album songs I don't like. The only two that come to my head are Fillip and Guiding Light

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: DrP on January 27, 2015, 11:01:02 PMThose are the only ones I somewhat like.

I remember when I first got the album. I was with some of my residents in my car and then Unsustainable comes on and we just start laughing when the dubstep comes in.

I also really like half the songs from The Resistance and a few from Black Holes (I have the Resistance on Vinyl)

Yea I felt the same about both Resistance and 2nd Law when they released.  I've grown to like most of Resistance, but only a few of 2nd Law.  Panic Station was immediately a favorite though since it just sounds like a Queen song :B  Animals and Supremacy are always fun as well.

I'm also a silly fanboy and have flac of every single and EP including the super old stuff like "Muse EP" that has earlier recordings of 3 of the Showbiz tracks.  There are some gem B-sides like The Groove, Fury, Eternally Missed, and Spiral Static that are some of my favorite Muse songs actually.

But yea, I've been looking forward to this album for a while :D

me irl
[close]