News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

Made mah day.

Started by ETFROXX, April 14, 2011, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrP

Quote from: Waddle Bro on January 29, 2015, 01:44:53 PMhonestly fuck this. The purchasing power of the Euro raised the expenses of a trip to US I could have done this autumm by almost doubling the cost of what it would have been last year. In the end it was not worth it to stay there just for a week. ._.

This reminds me how excited I am for my social studies class in my next term, it's one of the rare subjects I'm really good at and interested in. We talk a lot of this kind of economic stuff there!
Europeans have had a stronger EUR to USD for pretty much 90% of its existence (excluding 1997-1999 when it wasn't tangible). European Monetary policy has been slow to adapt to the deflation of the Euro and that combined with a getting-stronger dollar is what is essentially making this happen. And since every country using the Euro has relinquished the monetary policy decisions to the ECB, they have to go though the procedures of adjusting it.

I told my friends coming from DK that they should buy some dollars now for their trip in May, just to hedge their risk in case the exchange rate gets closer to parity.

If you're traveling to the US/planning on it, then I would suggest the same. That way you can do some of your budgeting based on the fact that you have $500 and don't need to worry about currency fluxes.

I love talking about this, especially since it kind of relates to my sort of work, but I did love my Econ classes in college

mikey

Oh so you're all economists
that explains a lot
unmotivated

Waddle Bro

Quote from: DrP on January 29, 2015, 05:40:02 PMIf you're traveling to the US/planning on it, then I would suggest the same. That way you can do some of your budgeting based on the fact that you have $500 and don't need to worry about currency fluxes.
Honestly I was thinking of investing in the dollar for now, but I'm just really inexperienced when it comes to investing. I don't even know where to start if I wanted to invest in the dollar! But from now to summer '17(because that's when I plan to travel) is a big timeframe for the dollar to stay low, so I'd probably chicken out and sell them for profit as soon as shit starts to head the wrong way.

Ruto

I think RMB might be better xD I remember hearing that when I was a kid, it was almost 12 RMB to $1. Now it's 6 RMB to a dollar. I can't tell you how long that trend would continue, but it seems like the best time has already passed.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

DrP

Quote from: Waddle Bro on January 29, 2015, 09:55:18 PMHonestly I was thinking of investing in the dollar for now, but I'm just really inexperienced when it comes to investing. I don't even know where to start if I wanted to invest in the dollar! But from now to summer '17(because that's when I plan to travel) is a big timeframe for the dollar to stay low, so I'd probably chicken out and sell them for profit as soon as shit starts to head the wrong way.
All you need to do is walk into a Nordea or Swedbank (or wherever you have an account) and ask to get USD. It may take a few days, but you'll get it and complete the transaction. Usually if you are a bank account holder, you get better FX rates and/or no transaction costs. If you look at what analysts are saying (Goldman Sachs). I don't say invest it all, but take something like 100 EUR and convert it and then put aside 10 EUR a month and every few months, exchange it.

Quote from: Ruto on January 29, 2015, 10:37:23 PMI think RMB might be better xD I remember hearing that when I was a kid, it was almost 12 RMB to $1. Now it's 6 RMB to a dollar. I can't tell you how long that trend would continue, but it seems like the best time has already passed.
Yeah, but that's because China was/is doing currency manipulation measures to help their economy grow.

Nebbles

I got a copy of Path of Radiance!
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Waddle Bro

Quote from: DrP on January 29, 2015, 11:20:54 PMAll you need to do is walk into a Nordea or Swedbank (or wherever you have an account) and ask to get USD. It may take a few days, but you'll get it and complete the transaction. Usually if you are a bank account holder, you get better FX rates and/or no transaction costs. If you look at what analysts are saying (Goldman Sachs). I don't say invest it all, but take something like 100 EUR and convert it and then put aside 10 EUR a month and every few months, exchange it.
I'm actually just about to go open my own account and have all rights to it even though I'm still underaged. I finally have time to make an appointment with the bank in my next term, thanks to my chill schedule compared to the current one :]

Maelstrom

Nebbles

Quote from: Maelstrom on January 30, 2015, 04:56:26 PMWhat? How!?!

Friend sold it to me for 35 dollars ayyyyy B)

Maelstrom

WHAAAAAAA! I NEED FRIENDS LIKE THAT!

DrP

Quote from: Nebbles on January 30, 2015, 03:03:16 PMI got a copy of Path of Radiance!
Lucky. You.

Quote from: Waddle Bro on January 30, 2015, 03:35:43 PMI'm actually just about to go open my own account and have all rights to it even though I'm still underaged. I finally have time to make an appointment with the bank in my next term, thanks to my chill schedule compared to the current one :]
Well, from everyone I know who lives in Scandinavia, go Nordea. I am not entirely sure about Finland, but my Nordea account can hold both Euros and US Dollars (I think it's specific or something). It might cost you something (but my cousin's fiancé works for Nordea in DK, so it's free for me).

Also if you need help planning a trip, I can gladly help. I just finished planning a trip on the East Coast for my friends from Lithuania who will be here for 2 weeks (and I will be joining them!)

Nebbles

Quote from: Maelstrom on January 30, 2015, 06:09:34 PMWHAAAAAAA! I NEED FRIENDS LIKE THAT!

become friends with major fire emblem nerds

KefkaticFanatic

WTF how the hell did the used price for that rise so much, noooo I should never have sold my copy whaaaat

me irl
[close]

Saria

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on January 31, 2015, 03:05:40 AMWTF how the hell did the used price for that rise so much, noooo I should never have sold my copy whaaaat
Ek ek ek ek ek it's all because of the curse of Remy! You cannot escape her wrath!
Quote from: Slow
SARIABALL
Quote from: manio
I love taking wiener schnitzel in my mouth
Quote from: Kefka
cooperating anal
Quote from: ZeldaFanmy dream is to get a quote in someone's sig someday

KefkaticFanatic

oh my god shit JUST GOT REAL

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=983000
'Metal Gear Rising 2 teased at Taipei Game show'

RULES OF NATURE