All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

Made mah day.

Started by ETFROXX, April 14, 2011, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dude

FierceDeity

I'm playing in a music video for my friend's song tomorrow :3

(And soon after that getting a pretty good recording of my own piece in the same studio!)

ZeldaFan

I finally beat Skyward Sword yesterday! Now I never have to pick up that awful game again! ;D Woo-hoo!

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

Zunawe

You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

ZeldaFan

Hell no! The wii remote made that game hard enough on normal mode ::) haha

FierceDeity

Quote from: ZeldaFan on May 11, 2015, 04:18:59 AMI finally beat Skyward Sword yesterday! Now I never have to pick up that awful game again! ;D Woo-hoo!

Them's fightin' words if I've ever seen 'em

In all honesty though I thought Wii motion plus was pretty good. I never had any issues with it. Consequently, SS ended up being one of the smoothest/easiest experiences I've had with a LoZ game (which, while not necessarily a good thing, was made up for by the overall atmosphere, especially the sweet, sweet soundtrack)

Ruto

I liked the final boss fight.

Some people are just so easy to please :D

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

ZeldaFan

Quote from: FierceDeity on May 11, 2015, 10:29:49 AMThem's fightin' words if I've ever seen 'em

In all honesty though I thought Wii motion plus was pretty good. I never had any issues with it. Consequently, SS ended up being one of the smoothest/easiest experiences I've had with a LoZ game (which, while not necessarily a good thing, was made up for by the overall atmosphere, especially the sweet, sweet soundtrack)
*Please keep in mind, the following statements are just MY opinion*
The story was good, artwork/graphics were pretty cool, but honestly the game was kinda ruined for me by the Wii controls... Maybe it's just that my Wii/Wii remote is a piece of shit or doesn't work correctly, but for the life of me, I could not get the game to do what I was controlling it to do... And with the whole fighting premise of the game being directional sword slashes, that's kind of important. I think probably half of the deaths I had in the game were due to the controller.

My other issue with the game is that I didn't feel connected to any of the characters, at least not like I usually do from a Zelda game :-\ It's really not necessary to interact with like 80% of the characters in the game. I didn't feel concern for hardly any character and didn't care what happened to them.
At the end when Fi was saying goodbye to you, I was like, okaybai. Like I didn't give a shit. She was a freaking ROBOT throughout the entire game. How would you expect me to have feelings for a character that is always like, "Your hearts have decreased quite dramatically. Replenish some of your life at the earliest opportunity." EVERY FUCKING TIME. YES I REALIZE MY HEARTS ARE LOW, THAT'S WHY THE GAME IS BEEPING AT ME EVERY 2 SECONDS. Everything she would "inform" me of was already obvious, or said too late as I had already figured it out.

Quote from: Ruto on May 11, 2015, 10:38:34 AMI liked the final boss fight.
I have to agree with you there, the final boss fight was awesome. A little short, imo, and for me, not too difficult. (Although I did have a little trouble making Link do a skyward strike... ::)) However I thought Ghirahim was a tougher opponent than Demise.

I tried so hard and I really wanted to like this game but I just couldn't... Between the Wii remote not working, revisiting places I had already been to, defeating the same boss over and over, little character development, and few side quests, I would rate this game a 5.5/10 :(

The entire Lanayru province just pissed me the fuck off every time

KefkaticFanatic

Had the same issues with the bundled controller, the entire concept was flakey to begin with.

But to the topic at hand OMG BEST NEWS EVER

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night?ref=hero_thanks

QuoteAn exploration-focused, side-scrolling platformer featuring RPG and crafting elements.
Koji Igarashi, the namesake of "Igavania"-style games, is leading the project, with Michiru Yamane composing the music and Inti Creates leading the development.

me irl
[close]

mikey

Quote from: ZeldaFan on May 11, 2015, 11:40:34 AMI think probably half of the deaths I had in the game were due to the controller.
;)
unmotivated

Maelstrom

Bespinben

ALL THE YES

I'm getting really tempted to necrobump my old "People Playing Bespinben's Arrangements" topic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N5mlsU4ug0

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Latios212

Oh my, that was a nice one!!

Do it. (I need to know which ones haven't been done yet!)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Dude

Oh.

I finally got kicked off the Most Time Online list.

I officially have a life I guess?

OMG HAVE I BEEN SPELLING OFFICIALLY WRONG MY WHOLE LIFE? I NEVER PRONOUNCED THAT DAMN "I".

mikey

Dude had a good day today
unmotivated