News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Made mah day.

Started by ETFROXX, April 14, 2011, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperFireKirby

MTG is fun and all, but God is it an expensive hobby. Definitely not worth the time/money investment imo

Now mooching decks off your friends, on the other hand...

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Echo

Quote from: FierceDeity on August 01, 2015, 10:38:47 PMYeah, everyone knows games are only enjoyable if they're projected on a digital screen, god nocturne you're so dumb

That reminds me, you can also play MtG online with any card(s) you want for free, haha.

But really, I have nothing against the game itself. What I meant was that I just think it's dumb to gamble by buying packs of cards, because even if you want them for the table-top/collecting aspect of the game, it's generally more cost-efficient to just buy the cards individually.

Like, when you buy a pack of cards, the pack costs like $5-10, but 80-90% of the cards you could get from it go for like a quarter or even a dime retail, and you could probably just pick 'em up for free from friends or something. There might be a money card or two that you could potentially get that goes for like $20-50+, but when considering the odds of actually getting one (and you'd probably need more than just the one if you want to play a deck with it), you'd be better off just hitting up a roulette or blackjack table if you're looking to profit (but don't do this, either).

I don't have an issue with having a card game as a hobby, I just think there are better ways to keep up with them than wasting money through gambling.

ZeldaFan

Finally went in and got my subs working again. And the best part - it was freeeee! Connections FTW!!

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

ZeldaFan

FINALLY SOME GOOD NEWS regarding school!

-I was finally able to register for 2 classes I need this semester. Everything's back on track!
-I got a job at the school bookstore! Great hours, and no need to work in fast food again!

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

Maelstrom

Quote from: ZeldaFan on August 04, 2015, 04:50:09 PM-I was finally able to register for 2 classes I need this semester. Everything's back on track!
-I got a job at the school bookstore! Great hours, and no need to work in fast food again!
Nice. Especially the bookstore part. That must be sooo much nicer than any fast food.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Congrats to you, Zelda!
My computer is working at my new place, so I can FINALLY USE FINALE AGAIN :DDD
what is shitpost

Sebastian

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on August 04, 2015, 07:16:20 PMMy computer is working at my new place, so I can FINALLY USE FINALE AGAIN :DDD
Yay!

mikey

Quote from: Echo on August 02, 2015, 02:02:13 AMThat reminds me, you can also play MtG online with any card(s) you want for free, haha.

But really, I have nothing against the game itself. What I meant was that I just think it's dumb to gamble by buying packs of cards, because even if you want them for the table-top/collecting aspect of the game, it's generally more cost-efficient to just buy the cards individually.

Like, when you buy a pack of cards, the pack costs like $5-10, but 80-90% of the cards you could get from it go for like a quarter or even a dime retail, and you could probably just pick 'em up for free from friends or something. There might be a money card or two that you could potentially get that goes for like $20-50+, but when considering the odds of actually getting one (and you'd probably need more than just the one if you want to play a deck with it), you'd be better off just hitting up a roulette or blackjack table if you're looking to profit (but don't do this, either).

I don't have an issue with having a card game as a hobby, I just think there are better ways to keep up with them than wasting money through gambling.
well the packs cost 3 dollars and the expected value of a few of the sets right now is 2 dollars or higher so it's not that hard to at least break even with money rares.  Besides, sometimes when you crack a pack you see a card that you realize is great for your deck that you wouldn't have thought about without buying the pack

and playing magic on third party websites is just terrible.  It's basically sandbox so you can do whatever you want with both yours and your opponents' cards.  the only version that actually follows the rules is run by Wizards and you have to pay for it as well (which I do hehe)
unmotivated

Sebastian

Got my first Birdie  ;D

KefkaticFanatic

Swanky business cards have arrived.  Feeling all like

me irl
[close]

Ruto

I took a photo for a work ID earlier this summer but no one told me it was photo day, so now my work ID is a picture of me wearing a bear and bunny shirt.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Jamaha

My ID still says "Visitor" on it. I've only worked here for two years or so...

Six more weeks until my Research Assistant => Research Scientist promotion. Can't wait to become a proper employee.

Jub3r7

Quote from: ZeldaFan on August 03, 2015, 04:39:28 PMFinally went in and got my subs working again. And the best part - it was freeeee! Connections FTW!!
Awesome! My favorite sub is probably a flat bread ranch BLT. the flatbread might not be as filling but it really brings out the flavor.

also, congratulations Jamaha!
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Ruto on August 06, 2015, 12:19:00 AMI took a photo for a work ID earlier this summer but no one told me it was photo day, so now my work ID is a picture of me wearing a bear and bunny shirt.
Buy more of that shirt. Wear them every single day. Show them who's boss.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber