News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

Made mah day.

Started by ETFROXX, April 14, 2011, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Bubbles on November 06, 2019, 07:38:57 PM--side note this topic gave me the 120 warning, are y'all okay? no ones had a good day in a while?
There are a lot more topics giving that warning nowadays, unfortunately. I figure if it's at least on the first page, it's still good.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

tarsalgo

Cool topic) ;D made ma(z) day))

JDMEK5

Little late, but eh. This year I finally put away my Bachelor of Music degree (what a year to graduate). On now to Bachelor of Education..
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Olimar12345

Congratulations, JDMEK!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Maelstrom

Just gave a successful lab meeting! I've been stressing about it for a good month or so and I'm glad it turned out well.

E. Gadd Industries

This thread needs a revival gosh dangit >:/ more people should be posting about things that made their day

I found that the scripting program I use has a mobile app, which I think is crazy, but yeah... so I've been drafting a script for R while I've been away from my laptop. :D I'm super pumped about how far I've come in programming though, to the point I can do this without having to think tooooo terribly hard about things; I was riding in a car with a bunch of people while writing this up.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on July 05, 2023, 11:08:34 PMI found that the scripting program I use has a mobile app, which I think is crazy, but yeah... so I've been drafting a script for R while I've been away from my laptop. :D I'm super pumped about how far I've come in programming though, to the point I can do this without having to think tooooo terribly hard about things; I was riding in a car with a bunch of people while writing this up.
R's a pretty cool language! One of my math professors insisted we learn the basics on it (especially so we could use ggplot), and honestly I'm glad he did, cause it gives me another skill in my toolbox that I can show off.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

A# Minor

I'm just happy that someone else bumped this thread

I got to stay home alone for hours and beat people in Mario Kart record two songs. Yay!

Also I'm happy for you guys, I tried to code twice and failed both times lol
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on July 06, 2023, 07:33:52 PMR's a pretty cool language! One of my math professors insisted we learn the basics on it (especially so we could use ggplot), and honestly I'm glad he did, cause it gives me another skill in my toolbox that I can show off.

Still need to learn how to work with ggplot, but ye R's rather useful, especially now that I understand what it means for a language to be vector-based :P

Quote from: A# Minor on July 07, 2023, 07:23:40 PMI got to stay home alone for hours and beat people in Mario Kart record two songs. Yay!

Also I'm happy for you guys, I tried to code twice and failed both times lol

Coding can be difficult. Thinking like a programmer is the first big hurdle I encountered, and then knowing how to look things up when I got stuck, and now it's learning how to debug properly.

In other news, I finally got moved in (for the most part) and despite my apartment looking like an absolute mess atm, I'm starting to see the overall shape and it's exciting :) I'm going to try and decorate it and make it seem more lived-in than my previous place (current 2 bed vs studio I was in)
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on July 10, 2023, 07:51:49 AMCoding can be difficult. Thinking like a programmer is the first big hurdle I encountered, and then knowing how to look things up when I got stuck, and now it's learning how to debug properly.
A lot of people don't realize that learning how to Google is a valuable skill!!! :D

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

A# Minor

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on July 12, 2023, 12:52:58 PMA lot of people don't realize that learning how to Google is a valuable skill!!! :D
And then there are people who look up every single thing that they don't know about...
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: A# Minor on July 12, 2023, 01:18:45 PMAnd then there are people who look up every single thing that they don't know about...
Nothing wrong with learning!

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

A# Minor

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on July 12, 2023, 09:09:14 PMNothing wrong with learning!
Once said learning does not involve tiny little creatures. *shudder*
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

A# Minor

I just finished my first year in band, and at the last practice before our concert, I said that we need to (should) play some video game music next year. The expression the band director gave me was the funniest thing ever. As if he would never, ever do that. (It'll make more sense if you knew my band director.) Why am I posting this here, you ask? Because what really made my day is the thoughts I had after it.

I wonder what he'd say if I told him that I only play video game music. Maybe I should Dimentio him (slightly out of context though, don't you think?) and make my own simple arrangements for us to practice, and then we'll just tell him we're playing these songs for our concert at the third to last practice. (We practice once a week.) There are only 7 of us wind players, anyway, so it should be easy... wait, that's not good at all! Especially since we have only one flute, which is the best band instrument along with the trombone!

Nothing better has happened yet, which is also why I put this here.

Edit: oops sorry for the double post

Edit 2: Also, this is the funniest thing I've read in a while. (Besides my sig, of course!) The entire thread is funny, but I don't know any of the other games, so that's the only one that makes sense.
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: A# Minor on July 14, 2023, 12:45:36 PMI just finished my first year in band, and at the last practice before our concert, I said that we need to (should) play some video game music next year. The expression the band director gave me was the funniest thing ever. As if he would never, ever do that. (It'll make more sense if you knew my band director.) Why am I posting this here, you ask? Because what really made my day is the thoughts I had after it.

I wonder what he'd say if I told him that I only play video game music. Maybe I should Dimentio him (slightly out of context though, don't you think?) and make my own simple arrangements for us to practice, and then we'll just tell him we're playing these songs for our concert at the third to last practice. (We practice once a week.) There are only 7 of us wind players, anyway, so it should be easy... wait, that's not good at all! Especially since we have only one flute, which is the best band instrument along with the trombone!

Nothing better has happened yet, which is also why I put this here.

Edit 2: Also, this is the funniest thing I've read in a while. (Besides my sig, of course!) The entire thread is funny, but I don't know any of the other games, so that's the only one that makes sense.

Could be a copyright concern if money is involved, food for thought. Also I completely forgot about that thread but my favorite game has not changed since X))

On another note, I've had some good conversations with people over the last week or so and I've startled myself a few times now with how much I've grown over the last year. I've said things I never thought I would reach the point of being able to, and I'm more consistently thinking about/aware of things I wasn't before I began this journey of growth. :) It's still difficult some days bc I'm a bit of a perfectionist and want to see results now, but I'm beginning to really love the journey I'm on. This may or may not be related to why I stepped away from moderator duties for a bit.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]