News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

Update, Friday April 15th of 2011

Started by The Deku Trombonist, April 15, 2011, 04:58:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Deku Trombonist

Sorry about the delay for this update. In other news, Duets and Two Pianos arrangements will now have the individual parts included in the PDF file to make it easier to read when playing. I'll work on adding this to existing arrangements over the next couple of weeks.

Without further ado, here's the list!

[PC] Cave Story - "Access" - Olimar12345
[PC] Cave Story - "Break Down.." - Olimar12345
[PC] Cave Story - "Gestation" - Olimar12345
[N64] Diddy Kong Racing - "Haunted Woods" - JDMEK5
[GBA] Golden Sun: The Lost Age - "Aqua Rock" - Thomas Wilson
[GBA] Golden Sun: The Lost Age - "Dehkan Plateau" - Thomas Wilson
[GBA] Golden Sun: The Lost Age - "Epilogue" - Thomas Wilson
[GCN] Kirby Air Ride - "Opening" - The Deku Trombonist
[GCN] Kirby Air Ride - "Station Fire" - The Deku Trombonist
[SNES] Kirby's Dream Land - "Bubbly Clouds" (Replacement) - Jesse J.K.
[GCN] Mario Party 7 - "Windmillville" - JDMEK5
[SNES] Mother 3 - "Title Theme" - Shadowkirby_64
[NDS] New Super Mario Bros. - "World 1 (The Plains) (Two Pianos)" - Gzgregory
[N64] Paper Mario - "Crystal Palace" - Tangy
[NDS] Pokemon Black/White - "Castelia City" - Dr. Pamplemousse
[NDS] Pokemon Black/White - "Elite Four Battle" - Clanker37
[NDS] Pokemon Black/White - "Musical Hall" - Jordan Knapp
[NDS] Pokemon Black/White - "Plasma Grunt Battle" - Dr. Pamplemousse
[NDS] Pokemon Black/White - "Rival Battle" - Dr. Pamplemousse
[NDS] Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver - "Route 47/48" - The Deku Trombonist
[NDS] Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky - "Dusk Forest" - Joel Hands-Otte
[GBA] Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald - "Mt. Pyre" - Joel Hands-Otte
[GBA] Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald - "Route 111 (Desert) (Duet)" - Joel Hands-Otte
[GBA] Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald - "Sootopolis City" (Replacement) - Joel Hands-Otte
[N64] Pokemon Snap - "Pokemon Album" - JDMEK5
[XBOX360] Portal - "Still Alive" (Replacement) - Tangy
[SNES] Star Fox - "Corneria" - mantis985
[SNES] Super Mario World - "Bonus" (Replacement) - G-Han
[SNES] Super Mario World - "Course Clear Fanfare" (Replacement) - G-Han
[WII] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - "Faron Woods" (Replacement) - Thomas O'Day

Greg

Cool! First song accepted to the site!

Shadowlegend

Jub3r7

It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

celach

heyy, my faron woods is listed as a replacement but the old one is still the one on the site

The Deku Trombonist

celach

And I didn't know sheets I submitted would be subject to some unilateral, not discussed changes. Like changing the word in my direction near the metronome mark from "mystery" to "mysterious" for no reason ("with mysterious" makes no sense by the way), like shrinking and scrunching up the sheets to fit into less pages for no reason and ruining the even spacing I gave it. No wonder the update took 5 years to post.  Why have guidelines if you're just gonna make changes whenever you feel like it anyway?

Yeah, not gonna be submitting any sheets here anymore.

Shadoninja

Quote from: celach on April 19, 2011, 02:46:46 AMAnd I didn't know sheets I submitted would be subject to some unilateral, not discussed changes. Like changing the word in my direction near the metronome mark from "mystery" to "mysterious" for no reason ("with mysterious" makes no sense by the way), like shrinking and scrunching up the sheets to fit into less pages for no reason and ruining the even spacing I gave it. No wonder the update took 5 years to post.  Why have guidelines if you're just gonna make changes whenever you feel like it anyway?

Yeah, not gonna be submitting any sheets here anymore.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Dude

Quote from: celach on April 19, 2011, 02:46:46 AMLike changing the word in my direction near the metronome mark from "mystery" to "mysterious" for no reason ("with mysterious" makes no sense by the way)
"With mystery" sounds kinda weird to me. That "mysterious" change is better.

@the rest of your post: K, we were only trying to help. Thanks anyway.

celach

meh. If its help then tell me to do it and I'll change it myself. Shouldn't say something like "good job your submission has been accepted" and then make changes behind my back. I only got mad cause there was nothing wrong with mine, but there are some clear things missing or wrong about many, many submissions on the site (even keeping it to Twilight Princess, this one has no metronome or tempo mark, this one has no tempo mark and is improperly titled...  in fact, going down the list alphabetically for Twilight Princess, mine was the first submission to have everything it was supposed to) and no fixes were made for them before posting them. Go fix those up if you're bored.

Sekter77

We know all those sheets have inaccuracies. They were made before this website had a real submissions thread where those kind of changes could be made. Before believing that you have been unfairly singled out, please try to understand that this site has gone through a lot of changes, many of which are fairly recent.

And also, we don't make those kind of changes beacuse we're "bored." Now that we are more critical with the sheets we accept, we try to keep some standards in place with regard to consistency in the sheet formatting, and general accuracy compared to the original song. We'd have to re-arrange most of those Twilight Princess sheets to keep them up to our new standards and there just isn't enough time for that always. We have lives outside of arranging music that we have to live as well, so sometimes we have to prioritize. Maybe getting every Zelda sheet cleaned up just isn't that high on the list. Either that or maybe the arrangers just don't like those songs and don't feel like fixing them. But they're not just going to be taken down.

Please don't make snap judgements about this site through ignorance. If you're going to criticize, please do it constructively and with respect instead of just making accusations and storming off. If you want to see some changes then please have a real discussion about it.
Guitar and video games.

celach

Quote from: Sekter77 on April 19, 2011, 10:21:22 AMBefore believing that you have been unfairly singled out, please try to understand that this site has gone through a lot of changes, many of which are fairly recent.
Perhaps not just me, but on the last 2-3 topics for submissions that I've been a member here for, I've seen the posts get edited by someone to say 'good job, accepted' or 'hey there's something wrong with it, resubmit it after you correct it'. Never did I see nothing said at all when changes needed to be made, because they were made already by someone else. Or perhaps it's always done like that and I was wrong to assume otherwise?

Winter

Quote from: celach on April 19, 2011, 02:46:46 AMchanging the word in my direction near the metronome mark from "mystery" to "mysterious" for no reason ("with mysterious" makes no sense by the way)

Why not "Mysteriously"?

Quote from: celach on April 19, 2011, 10:38:04 AMPerhaps not just me, but on the last 2-3 topics for submissions that I've been a member here for, I've seen the posts get edited by someone to say 'good job, accepted' or 'hey there's something wrong with it, resubmit it after you correct it'. Never did I see nothing said at all when changes needed to be made, because they were made already by someone else. Or perhaps it's always done like that and I was wrong to assume otherwise?

Maybe the uploader was trying to save time? rather than waiting 2 more days for you to add 2 letters to a word, he could do it in 30 seconds and have the sheet up immediately.

I'm sure he would've taken the time to let you fix it if he wasn't already late on the update.

And for making the sheet "scrunched up", it Saves paper and space in the long run.

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: celach on April 19, 2011, 10:38:04 AMPerhaps not just me, but on the last 2-3 topics for submissions that I've been a member here for, I've seen the posts get edited by someone to say 'good job, accepted' or 'hey there's something wrong with it, resubmit it after you correct it'. Never did I see nothing said at all when changes needed to be made, because they were made already by someone else. Or perhaps it's always done like that and I was wrong to assume otherwise?

My first couple of updates I listed off things that needed to be changed but most people raged/whined and refused to make any of the changes I suggested. So I gave up on that one.