News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

Question about the forums

Started by Mmella, April 17, 2011, 12:20:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mmella

I'm new to the forums buy I've been using Ninsheetmusic for quite a while now.
How long does it normally take for a piece to be accepted on to the site?
I see people like PampleMousse and Deku trombonist getting their pieces up very quickly, but I've hardly gotten a response on an arrangement I submitted, which you will likely see in the Submission section.
I'm fairly certain the piece would be accepted if anyone would take the time to look at it.
If I'm just being impatient, I apologize.
I just want to know what to expect.
I'm not a drummer.
I'm a Percussionist.

http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=3241.0
I'm updating my Pokemon RSE orchestration here.

Shadoninja

first, everyone puts their submissions in the "submissions for [insert date here] update" thread.

it is checked by the updater(in this case, dekutrombonist)
if there are problems he will edit your post to tell you what to change
if it is acceptable he will edit your post with an "accepted" message

then when most or all submissions are checked and edited, they are uploaded to the site and an update appears on the main page.

usually, unless life and other issues arise, this process takes 10 days from the day that the submission thread is posted.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

WiiMan96

^What Shado said.

Your personal submissions thread is for making your pieces available before they are accepted onto the site. Usually this is so you get some feedback from other forum-goers early and hopefully perfect the sheet before you submit. Updates used to be done by the updater going through each individual thread and posting comments there, however it took up too much of the arranger's time, and there was no guarantee the thread would be set out correctly, the links would work or the arrangers wanted them submitted anyway. This new method seems to be an all-round better option.

Anywho, welcome! :D