News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

What Pieces Are You Learning Right Now?

Started by Fleetstar The Flygon, April 21, 2011, 08:02:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: drpamplemousse on May 10, 2011, 07:35:43 PM^this.

I wish I could play guitar... but I don't have the time/energy to learn.... so I play bass!
It's such an easy instrument to pick up. I've only been playing for about 6 months completely, self-taught and I'm already pretty good at it.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

Lol well I have a couple things... still struggling through Pineapple Rag (it's not hard, I just need to force myself to work on it), also "Trapped Like Carrots", which is a piece written by Hans Zimmer for the Simpsons Movie; Jack and Sally Montage; Promise of the World (Ending Theme to Howl's Moving Castle).
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Roz~

People of the North Pole. Don't have time to practice at all though.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

fingerz

Mozart: 12 Variations "Ah, vous dirai-je, maman"

You don't know how much practice goes into making these perfect... :'(
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

DrP

Yep. I've been working on so much clarinet stuff. We had a small concert last night -- we played one of our songs, Time Remembered (Its on my submission page, Pg 1)

I am switching to jazz standards, working on A Man and a Woman and learning chord progressions... there are some strange ones that are hard to do fast

fingerz

Working towards my 5th Grade Clarinet Exam! :D
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

SlowPokemon

Playing Chopin's Mazurka, Op. 7 No. 1. Really easy but I LOVE the sound of this piece, it's very pretty.

Jetsfantasy

Chopin's "Fantasie Impromptu" and Fly Me to the Moon

Winter

Dudeman

Playing Warrior's Song by Stephen Heller in a recital next week.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

SlowPokemon

Chopin's Revolutionary Etude = PRACTICALLY IMPOSSIBLE = teacher wants me to learn it = stress

Raymondbl

Hm, I haven't played that one yet.  Gonna try to sightread it in a sec.

In my opinion, your teacher should have assigned you the Black Keys Etude first, it's easier.  And good for your fingers - lightens them up, also makes your wrist smooth and not stiff, also makes your fingers clearer, more even, and faster, and it sounds like flowing water in a beautiful shallow river, the waves - *goes on forever*
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

SlowPokemon

I can sightread it just fine, it's just that the speed at which it's played is very fast considering it's all sixteenth notes. That's okay though, I'll get it eventually. Maybe will take a few weeks though :P

Mmella

I'm no pianist but uh,

Four Scottish Dances (Timpani)
Drum Corps on Parade (Snare)

I don't spend much time learning since I usually sight read it on the spot, but I'm going to take up more songs by John Pratt for snare.
And well, most of my time goes into writing.
I'm not a drummer.
I'm a Percussionist.

http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=3241.0
I'm updating my Pokemon RSE orchestration here.