News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

What Pieces Are You Learning Right Now?

Started by Fleetstar The Flygon, April 21, 2011, 08:02:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman

Quote from: fingerz on July 07, 2011, 11:19:53 PMBEST SONG IN THE WORLD!! :)
I'd agree with you, but my brother apparently has this feeling that he has to play it twice a day. IT'S GETTING OLD!
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Greg

Twice a day?

My brother and I play our pieces 4 times a day. :P

SlowPokemon

I'm the only one in my family who plays piano since I'm the most talented so I just bang on it playing whatever I want until someone yells at me to shut up.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SWMadness

I've been much less strict about practicing piano ever since I got out of taking actual lessons a few years ago. I mess around about once a day normally, for maybe an hour or so. If there's one song that really strikes my fancy I'll just play it over and over again and get it memorized (that's how I memorize most songs, just play them enough times so muscle memory takes over :P ).

The rest of my family is pretty musically inclined. My mom also can play piano (although she doesn't really sit down to do it much anymore), my younger brother does piano and guitar, and my older brother just does guitar now.

starrgrl24

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 09, 2011, 01:52:09 AMI'm the only one in my family who plays piano since I'm the most talented so I just bang on it playing whatever I want until someone yells at me to shut up.

Haha me and you both! Too bad my dad works at night, so he sleeps during the day...soo when I try to practice I immediately get told to shut up. >.> THANK GOODNESS my community college campus have practice rooms. :3 I do not have too much support for my music education...but I believe my love for music is motivation enough. :)

I am going to stop learning some of my music and only focus on Schumann Carnival. That is a ridiculously hard piece and I can't believe I chose it. x_x  Oh well...I still enjoy the piece. It's really nice. :)

I like chocolate. :3

SlowPokemon

Hahaha I will have to check that piece out, it sounds interesting. Well my brother has no sense of melody, pitch, or rhythm--he can't even clap on beat listening to a song--my sister used to play piano but quit after like a year, if that. Because she "didn't like it" and would rather have vocal lessons. (Cause those are going to be so much more beneficial) [/sarcasm]

My dad has no musical talent whatsoever, and while he really loves that I have a passion for music, he doesn't really understand it.

My mom doesn't do anything pertaining to musical talent, and tries to support me but understands it less than my dad. XD

And my entire family thinks I'm mentally retarded or something for preferring what they call "elevator music" (what I call "orchestral music") to the stuff they listen to. I mean...I don't mind some of the stuff...but my brother always picks songs somewhere between bad and really bad, praises them for how amazing they are, and puts them on repeat for hours on end. And my sister does similar things.

I might be coming across as somewhat harsh, but...I can only listen to Bad Romance or I Gotta Feeling so many times before I want to tear my head off my shoulders. (And by so many times I mean...maybe twice)

It's okay that they don't really get my tastes though; I don't get theirs at all. Seriously. Yeah so it kind of bugs me when my sister tells people I don't like real music, as she's the one with Boom Boom Pow on her favorite playlist...lol.

Greg

Lmao, I've always hated that kind of music.

Luckily so do my brothers, and they can both play piano. So all is good.  8)

DrP

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 09, 2011, 08:27:08 PMHahaha I will have to check that piece out, it sounds interesting. Well my brother has no sense of melody, pitch, or rhythm--he can't even clap on beat listening to a song--my sister used to play piano but quit after like a year, if that. Because she "didn't like it" and would rather have vocal lessons. (Cause those are going to be so much more beneficial) [/sarcasm]

My dad has no musical talent whatsoever, and while he really loves that I have a passion for music, he doesn't really understand it.

My mom doesn't do anything pertaining to musical talent, and tries to support me but understands it less than my dad. XD

And my entire family thinks I'm mentally retarded or something for preferring what they call "elevator music" (what I call "orchestral music") to the stuff they listen to. I mean...I don't mind some of the stuff...but my brother always picks songs somewhere between bad and really bad, praises them for how amazing they are, and puts them on repeat for hours on end. And my sister does similar things.

I might be coming across as somewhat harsh, but...I can only listen to Bad Romance or I Gotta Feeling so many times before I want to tear my head off my shoulders. (And by so many times I mean...maybe twice)

It's okay that they don't really get my tastes though; I don't get theirs at all. Seriously. Yeah so it kind of bugs me when my sister tells people I don't like real music, as she's the one with Boom Boom Pow on her favorite playlist...lol.

My best friend's younger brother is the worst. He thinks he's the shit with playing music. He was in a band that broke up after 6 months after so many critics said that they have no talent whatsoever. He thinks Frank Sinatra is a talentless douche when he thinks he can trump Frankie anyday.

WTH, its Frank fucking Sinatra, the legend who held massive influence on so much stuff.

There is only a limit to so much stuff you can listen to from today's music. I hate the popular music from today.

SlowPokemon

Oh yes, the biggest thing that bugs me about my brother: he has no musical inclination but he thinks he's awesome because he can play Guitar Hero. :|

Clanker37

OMG ALL OF MY NON-MUSICAL FRIENDS ARE LIKE THAT(Thinking that they have musical talent when they don't)

One thinks that because he can tap a drum he can play music (Which is technicaly true, but he just an asshole about it :/)The other thinks that by playing golf the tap of the club on the ball is complicated music. I MEAN WTF! ITS JUST A TAP! YOU CAN'T PLAY THREE NOTES OF A SCALE WITH JUST A TAP >:( It frustrates me to no ends! And when I play music, they're all like 'That sucks' and 'I can play better with my golf balls!' IT MAKES ME SO MAD >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

EDIT: Oh God, Caps Rage much. But I'm glad I got that out of my system

Winter

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 09, 2011, 10:12:33 PMOh yes, the biggest thing that bugs me about my brother: he has no musical inclination but he thinks he's awesome because he can play Guitar Hero. :|

I'm pretty awesome at guitar hero.

SlowPokemon

Lol but you can also play piano...

Also yeah, those guys are annoying. But drumming is definitely considered a musical instrument in my opinion; I played piano in an after school percussion group for my school's band last year a few times, and while it's not as difficult or impressive, I still consider that kind of drumming a musical ability, albeit a small one.

SWMadness

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 10, 2011, 07:38:48 AMLol but you can also play piano...

Also yeah, those guys are annoying. But drumming is definitely considered a musical instrument in my opinion; I played piano in an after school percussion group for my school's band last year a few times, and while it's not as difficult or impressive, I still consider that kind of drumming a musical ability, albeit a small one.

I have a cousin who is an absolute prodigy at drums and percussion.

He's eight years old. D8

Nebbles

/is totally new to the piano. No seriously I've had like 3 lessons.

But with a little help from a friend, I'm now teaching myself Lavender Town. (R/B/Y version)
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Bespinben

Lavender Town - good choice! To add to list of creepy songs from Pokémon, you should learn Mt. Moon. It's fairly simple, but since the entire song is written in whole tone scale, the notation for the sheet on site can be rather perplexing, especially with the double flats on some notes.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday