News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

What Pieces Are You Learning Right Now?

Started by Fleetstar The Flygon, April 21, 2011, 08:02:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebbles

I haven't gotten to flats yet, actually! xD I'm half-teaching myself those I guess?? But yeah, Mt. Moon is simple enough. If I could find Pokemon Tower, I'd learn that too. And I wanna learn Ruins of Alph...
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Bespinben

Heh, now that you've mentioned Ruins of Alph I want to learn it now XD  More eerie songs ftw! On that note, when you get really good, you could try learning Dahan's recently submitted "Old Chateau" from Pokémon Diamond and Pearl.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Nebbles

I plan to! That place gave me the creeps -3-; My pasta about it did no help and freaks me out a bit more, haha.

I wonder if that creepy radio signal in the Ruins can be learned too?

Bespinben

Hmm... perhaps the radio signal in the Ruins of Alph could be put in as a brief interlude in a piano arrangement for Ruins of Alph? Just a thought, but there's already an arrangement for Ruins of Alph on site.

Nebbles

Hmm, maybe. I'd have to figure how that'd sound on the piano, anyway...

Shadoninja

Quote from: Bespinben on July 11, 2011, 01:52:26 PMHmm... perhaps the radio signal in the Ruins of Alph could be put in as a brief interlude in a piano arrangement for Ruins of Alph? Just a thought, but there's already an arrangement for Ruins of Alph on site.

probably but i'm not going to add it in the arrangement :P
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Bespinben

I understand Shadoninja; this is Ninsheetmusic after all, not Ninremixmusic. It was a fun idea though!

Nebbles

XD Maybe I'll find it on my own if someone on here doesn't make it.

SlowPokemon

Old Chateau is fun to mess around with, and sounds good, but it's virtually unplayable, which is the case with most of dahans' arrangements. (btw, did that only just get submitted? He arranged it back in October for a Halloween arrangement)

Anyway I found sheet music free for Hans Zimmer's piece "Jack Sparrow" from Pirates 2, and I am really enjoying it. :) It's really long though, and somewhat difficult towards the end.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Shadoninja

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 11, 2011, 03:25:59 PMIt's really long though, and somewhat difficult towards the end.

that's what she said.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Bespinben

I'm learning this song. I'm making the sheet music for it as we speak (erm...type), so to write a sheet with logical fingering I like to learn some of the sheets I make.
http://www.mediafire.com/?ghokn8ozds8vacf (PDF)
http://www.mediafire.com/?w111a32n8i19lo2 (MIDI)

SWMadness

Well, taking a break from wedding music, I sat down and learned "Bonds of Sea and Fire" from Xenogears (because Yasunori Mitsuda is a VIDEO GAME COMPOSER GOD  :D ) in a couple hours. It's a really pretty song, although it reminds me a lot of Schala's Theme from Chrono Trigger, the beginning part especially.

fingerz

Quote from: Bespinben on July 11, 2011, 01:44:59 PMHeh, now that you've mentioned Ruins of Alph I want to learn it now XD  More eerie songs ftw! On that note, when you get really good, you could try learning Dahan's recently submitted "Old Chateau" from Pokémon Diamond and Pearl.
Mt. Pyre ftw! :P
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn