What Pieces Are You Learning Right Now?

Started by Fleetstar The Flygon, April 21, 2011, 08:02:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bespinben

I'm learning a few of my own Pokémon Mystery Dungeon arrangements, including:
(1.) PMD1 File Select / Whiscash Pond
(2.) PMD1 Questionnaire
(3.) PMD2 Temporal Tower

One of the reasons I'm doing this is because one of the most common concerns people tell me about my arrangements is that they're too complex, that I'm asking too much by having multiple layers in one or both hands. I'm going to show otherwise.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

ChrisLeeFan1118

I'm trying to learn a few National Anthems on Piano.
My favorites are Isreal's, Russia's, and Japan's.
I used to be very conceited, that has all changed; now I'm Perfect!

DrP

^Really? Israel's one sounds a bit sad... the one from my recording sounds sad. Kimigayo is too simple and Russia's is awesome, but if I play it my family will kill me...

I know: France, China, Canada, Australia, Germany, UK, Lietuva, New Zealand, and Portugal. (I really should learn the US's)

Alakazam

Pachelbel's Canon!

Also some Skyward Sword music.

Bespinben

Quote from: Alakazam on April 14, 2012, 02:14:08 PMPachelbel's Canon!

Also some Skyward Sword music.

Welcome to Ninsheetmusic forums! :D  Which Skyward Sword song(s) is/are you learning?
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Alakazam

Quote from: Bespinben on April 14, 2012, 02:22:07 PMWelcome to Ninsheetmusic forums! :D  Which Skyward Sword song(s) is/are you learning?

Just a couple of the ones from the site. I'm currently learning Faron Woods and Scrapper's Theme.

ChrisLeeFan1118

Quote from: DrP on April 14, 2012, 02:11:10 PM^Really? Israel's one sounds a bit sad... the one from my recording sounds sad. Kimigayo is too simple and Russia's is awesome, but if I play it my family will kill me...
I like sad songs. And why on earth would your family kill you for playing the national anthem of the Russian Federation and not for playing China's Anthem? :o
Quote from: DrP on April 14, 2012, 02:11:10 PMI know: France, China, Canada, Australia, Germany, UK, Lietuva, New Zealand, and Portugal. (I really should learn the US's)
I'm learning those too (except for Lietuva's). I should probably learn the Star-Spangled Banner too, I just couldn't find a version I liked. :-\
I used to be very conceited, that has all changed; now I'm Perfect!

plyxiter

Been trying to learn Rachmaninoff Prelude Op.23 No. 5. Its a freaking amazing song anybody who thinks they can play it should definitely learn it. Its a bit tricky in parts but hopefully I'll have it learned here in a few weeks  :D

Olimar12345

Quote from: plyxiter on April 15, 2012, 08:26:48 PMBeen trying to learn Rachmaninoff Prelude Op.23 No. 5. Its a freaking amazing song anybody who thinks they can play it should definitely learn it. Its a bit tricky in parts but hopefully I'll have it learned here in a few weeks  :D
OMG a friend of mine played that for a contest two years ago and he did amazing! I always got chills hearing it live! Such a coll piece! C:
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

FluteNinja

In marching band (i play the flute): Don't Stop Believin'
In concert band: Toy Story 2 Medley and The Patriot Medley
In jazz band: My Funny Valentine, On Green Dolphin Street, Caravan, and One for Oliver

I'm also trying to teach myself my arrangement of the Masked Dedede theme on piano.  It's not going well :-[
Quote from: garlicbananas on July 09, 2012, 08:10:42 PM
Birth of a Child: Holy Diver - Dio
As fog pours out of the womb, my baby emerges with sword in hand and unleashing his battlecry.  Just like his old man.

Fleetstar The Flygon

I'm finishing up Pokemon League(Day) from Platinum and the Song of Healing from Majora's Mask. I'm working out some kinks in Kokiri Forest, and that darn Horse Race! D:< I've been working on that one forever, but my hands fail at the jumps in the L.H.

Alakazam

I just started the Overworld Theme from Spirit Tracks and also When You Were Young by The Killers

fingerz

World 8 (5 Stars) from Super Mario 3D Land! I'm learning it with two of my friends and we're gonna perform it as a trio! :D
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

MaestroUGC

I'm going to arrange Liszt's "Ungarischer Sturmmarsch" for piano and cello to perform within the month.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

K-NiGhT

Putting Paganini's 24th Caprice on my to-do list for violin :)
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*