News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

What Pieces Are You Learning Right Now?

Started by Fleetstar The Flygon, April 21, 2011, 08:02:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FSM-Reapr

MasterProX

Telemann Viola Concerto in G Major, second movement.

Dusk

Händel, Chaconne in G Major for piano.
Quote from: Bespinben on August 25, 2015, 12:08:51 AMOfficial seal of approval
(^o^)=b
August 25th, 2015

FSM-Reapr

Memorizing Toccata in D major for organ so I can play it without the sheets.

MasterProX

Chaconne in G Minor by Tomaso Antonio Vitali.

wariopiano

im trying to fgure out how to play toads turnpike arranged by dekutrombonist.
i dont know what finger numbers to use and other stuff like that, and how to play both parts at the same time!

vermanubis

I've been running the gamut in recent weeks. The game cafe I worked at just shut down, so being out of work's given me a lot of time to analyze a lot of pieces. It's really been sharpening my composition foundation.

Mostly been learning Hitoshi Sakimoto, Uematsu, Mitsuda, Sakuraba, Michiru Yamane and Yoko Shimomura stuff. FF, Parasite Eve, Chrono series, Tales, Castlevania, etc.

MaestroUGC

I've started looking at Liszt's transcriptions of Beethoven's Symphonies; I'm focusing on learning the 7th first.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

TheZeldaPianist275

Invention #8 in F Major, by Bach.

...If this is an easy piece for any of you guys I feel stupid.  But this piece is driving me up the wall.  I'm having trouble coordinating my hands to do the same thing when one clef is doing the same thing as the other a measure behind, if you who play inventions get what I'm saying.  Any tips?

Bubbles

Ive never played a song like that, but usually for songs with complicated left hands, try playing it over and over again to the point where you arent even paying attention to it while you're playing it, and it becomes almost mechanical. Once you've got the notes down you can add all the other fancy stuff like dynamics or whatever (does Bach even put those? I'm bad with composers)

Olimar12345

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on November 16, 2012, 12:09:11 PMInvention #8 in F Major, by Bach.

...If this is an easy piece for any of you guys I feel stupid.  But this piece is driving me up the wall.  I'm having trouble coordinating my hands to do the same thing when one clef is doing the same thing as the other a measure behind, if you who play inventions get what I'm saying.  Any tips?

I LOVE the inventions! I used to be able to play No.s 2, 4, 14, and 15. They're really hard at first, but practicing them will make you a better pianist :J

As for tips,   PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE! Start off really slow and gradually up the tempo.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

FSM-Reapr

Quote from: Olimar12345 on November 16, 2012, 06:31:51 PMAs for tips,   PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE! Start off really slow and gradually up the tempo.
Ditto.

I should play that sometime. Thanks for the inspiration.

Bubbles

Anyone care to join me? (slow I told you this would happen :P)

SlowPokemon

You aren't a Miyazaki fan if you don't know that song on piano. You should really listen to Hisaishi's other works, they're really amazing.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bubbles

Well I never said I was a fan :/ And one piece at a time