musicaXsacra's arrangements: Super Mario Galaxy (Mecha-Bowser)

Started by musicaXsacra, May 16, 2011, 03:19:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

musicaXsacra

Hello Everyone,

Well, I'm new to the submission process here so... can the powers that be take a look at one of my arrangements?  I noticed that the epic "Mecha-Bowser" from Super Mario Galaxy has yet to be arranged.  I arranged it in Sibelius, and I see the files on here are in Finale.  Is this as much of a problem as I think?  I have the midi, PDF, and .sib file but I'm not sure how to post it here.  Any assistance would be wonderful.

Thanks!

Greg

To submit a file, post it up in the submission thread for the next update.
It should be stickied at the top of the page.

You can try getting someone to convert your mid, or save your file as a musicXML, because we only accept Finale files.

Also, can you post a link? Upload the file to mediafire.

musicaXsacra

I didn't know about MediaFire.  Well, here are the Mecha-Bowser files if I'm not mistaken.  Enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/?l7ljb8gkb8dc1

P.S. Does anyone feel like notating this in Finale?  There doesn't seem to be a way to save as musicXML in Sibelius.

fingerz

I'll have a look at this on the weekend and see if I can be of any help. :)
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

DonValentino

Quote from: musicaXsacra on May 16, 2011, 10:02:11 PMP.S. Does anyone feel like notating this in Finale?  There doesn't seem to be a way to save as musicXML in Sibelius.

I´m volunteer! Not very busy right now. If you don´t mind waiting 2 days...  :-\  Tomorrow I have a REALLY busy day (a f****** science exam...  :'( and a maths exam, too!). Sorry!

Nice work, BTW!    ;)

Greg

Seems to me like a pretty tough piece to arrange... you did a good job of capturing the essence of it!

Hope you'll stay on the website!  :D

JDMEK5

I've got 2 suggestions for you.
First, maybe change the topic name to musicaXsacra's submissions (or something like that).
Second, put all your arrangements into a nice little list so it's all organised. (It took me a few days to fix mine up :P)

BTW, that was arranged amazingly! Keep em coming! :D
(If that gets rejected I won't be very happy :P)

P.S.

If you ever want to see how to do things like this, come here and/or here
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

musicaXsacra

Hey, thanks for looking at it everyone-- all the comments are much appreciated!  Thanks WarioMan98 and fingerz for maybe seeing about putting it into Finale.  Perhaps I should just download the latest Finale Notepad for this.
Yeah, JDMEK5 answered my next question about how to make links.

It's nice to put my new piano performance degree to good use. :D

fingerz

Quote from: musicaXsacra on May 18, 2011, 04:42:10 PMPerhaps I should just pay for the latest Finale Notepad for this.
I think you meant this. :P
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

fingerz

I find it ironic how Finale Notepad 2011 is $10, whilst Finale PrintMusic and Finale Allegro are like $250... :P

fingerz

Anyways, I had a look at your Mecha-Bowser sheet musicaXsacra and I really like the song! I'm more than happy to turn it into a MUS file fo you, but the translation of the MID in Finale Notepad is quite messy, so give me a little while to organise everything. Also, who composed this song? :)

Jub3r7

Finale Notepad has a free trial download that lasts for a month, if you don't feel like paying 10$ dollars.
So does Finale PrintMusic. I believe it's a bit different, though.

After the month is over you can open the demo version normally, but you won't be able to save anything.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

fingerz

I tried uninstalling it, then reinstalling and it wouldn't work again. :P (I had a feeling...)
Is there any way to reset the days you have?

Jub3r7

It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]