musicaXsacra's arrangements: Super Mario Galaxy (Mecha-Bowser)

Started by musicaXsacra, May 16, 2011, 03:19:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sekter77

Quote from: fingerz on May 22, 2011, 03:04:40 PMAlso, who composed this song? :)
The Super Mario Galaxy composers are Mahito Yokota and Koji Kondo.
Guitar and video games.

Greg

musicaXsacra

According to the Super Mario Galaxy Wikipedia:
"Kondo composed four pieces for the game ("Egg Planet", which plays in the Good Egg Galaxy, and the three "Rosalina in the Observatory" pieces, which play in the Comet Observatory at different points within the game), while Yokota composed the rest."

I should change my files to show that it was composed by Yokota, thanks fingerz!  Also, I'd really appreciate you turning it into a MUS file.  Back in my day, Finale Notepad was free...

musicaXsacra

I took some initiative and downloaded Finale Notepad, since Jub3r7 said there's a 30-day free trial.  Yeah, the midi file doesn't translate very well.  The easiest thing would be to start from scratch.  It isn't that obvious what I originally had in Sibelius like I thought.

No need to worry about transcribing it, fingerz: I'll do it.  I didn't realize the software couldn't read the midi very well.  Also, why doesn't Sibelius have an option to save in musicXML?  It's about time for compatibility between Sibelius and Finale isn't it?

Greg

Honestly, saving in musicXML is nearly as ugly as a MIDI in Finale.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: fingerz on May 22, 2011, 03:14:41 PMI tried uninstalling it, then reinstalling and it wouldn't work again. :P (I had a feeling...)
Is there any way to reset the days you have?

Different computer.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

fingerz

Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

musicaXsacra

It turns out Finale NotePad does NOT have an option to change clefs!  I know Finale PrintMusic does.  Mecha-Bowser needs clef changes.  This is disappointing, and makes me think that Finale NotePad isn't worth the $0 it used to cost.  Anyway...

I have to ask again if someone would be graciously willing to turn my PDF file here in the thread into a MUS file so I can submit it to the site.  The main problem with transcribing it from the midi will be changing staffs so that there are octaves in the left hand, and adding articulations.  The Super Mario Galaxy section won't be complete without it.   ;)

Bloop

musicaXsacra

Wow, that sheet looks beautiful!  Thanks for the work, Bloop.  I really appreciate it.  Which Finale program did you use?  I hope it didn't take too long-- thanks again.  Now I have everything I need to post it in the June submission thread!

P.S. thanks for adding the parentheses in measures 26 and 30...  nice touch.

Bloop

Finale 2010, And I did it (for my time) on 22:00, and finished it before 22:40