[Wii] Mario Kart Wii - "Coconut Mall"

Started by Ragster2448, May 21, 2011, 03:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jub3r7

Okay, it was a paraphrase, but I do remember you saying that.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Greg

Yeah, I did say that. :P

God, my brother doesn't want to help me with it at all. >_>

Ragster2448

If you finish it and post it over the weekend, I may not respond to it until Monday, I'll be gone over the weekend.

Greg

Ragster2448

I said if, don't think I'm rushing you :)

Ragster2448

Bump and double post. Sorry about that.

How well is the sheet coming out? I can't wait to attempt to play it.

Greg

I'm going to have some problems fitting it into one piano. :/

JDMEK5

If it's for the rhythm, just use the top few notes... I doubt that's what it is though.

What part are you having trouble with? I might be able to help.

(I'm going camping for the weekend, just to let you know)
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

NinjaEvan

I hope some body does this... It deserves it!!!

fingerz

Quote from: gzgregory on July 28, 2011, 05:23:37 PMI'm going to have some problems fitting it into one piano. :/
Make it a duet. ;)

In fact, that should be my slogan. :P
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Shadoninja

Quote from: gzgregory on July 28, 2011, 05:23:37 PMI'm going to have some problems fitting it into one piano. :/

here's how I would do it based on just listening to it a couple of times. times are according to this

section 1: 0:05
right hand - string part that transitions to the tremolo steel drums.
left hand - the rhythmic piano

add in that bell if possible.

Section 2: 0:07-0:10
right hand - combine the organ and piano parts for the first half of the phrase and then have just the piano part at the tail end. do this until the next section
left hand - those quarter notes from what I think is the organ.

Section 3: 0:29-0:43

right hand - saxophone. I don't think the marimba part is necessary.
left hand - organ.

Section 4: 0:44-1:03

right hand - have the tremolo steel drums until the accordion comes in. for the last part it sounds to me like the steel drum and accordion play the same basic rhythm with the steel drum having an extra note. I'd combine them to be playing all the notes with the steel drums rhythm.
left hand - the walking bass pattern. for the last part maybe what i'm hearing as octave bass notes.

Section 5: 1:01-1:05

right hand: that percussion thing(don't know what it's called) if possible, and then the synth part ending in a 16th note run up and then repeat to section 2.
left hand: nothing
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Greg

Gah. Well my computer with finale on it broke last week, and the other comp's too slow to run it properly. So here's the ridiculously unpolished file. It's still two pianos and missing the last measure... yeeeeeah.

Some of the midtones are kinda sketchy, but those would probably be omitted from a single-piano version anyways.

JDMEK5

Could you post the midi link too? I'll try whatever you've done and I can't read mus.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Bloop

Greg