News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

Jetsfantasy's Arrangements

Started by Jetsfantasy, May 25, 2011, 07:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetsfantasy

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on May 29, 2011, 12:28:08 AMWhat I meant is, in the second measure of 1970 you repeat the set of 4 notes twice, you should just have the first 4 and then play a G.  Like really, just listen to the original track >.>
Also, I still think the bass is just incorrect.  The entire bass is in chords, mostly sustained, sometimes repeating.  At least the instrument I'm hearing as the bass is doing that.
Ah, I see what you mean, thanks for the clarification. I agree with you, and will work on the bass.
I appreciate those of you who take a look at it, it really helps to get another opinion.

Jetsfantasy

Hey everyone, just thought I'd give everyone an update.
A friend of mine has lost his fight to cancer sometime between Monday night and early Tuesday morning... So I'm still in shock over that. I've been arranging music, mostly the requests and a couple of songs I personally wanted sheets for. I'll probably have something new this weekend...
Until then, I have things to plan and may learn a piece to perform for the service seeing as how he would tell me he'd like to hear me play.
Anyway, thanks for all the support with my music and I'll be back in a few days.

-Jetsfantasy

Mashi

Quote from: Jetsfantasy on June 01, 2011, 10:32:24 AMA friend of mine has lost his fight to cancer sometime between Monday night and early Tuesday morning... So I'm still in shock over that.
My condolences.  I would suggest however, that if truly does bother you to make sheet music while you're in this abject state, I recommend you take a break.  Though, if it brings you comfort, then I hope it makes life a bit more comfortable for you for the time being.

Jetsfantasy

Ok, I'm back and I've added the Stage 3 theme for Imperishable Night: Nostalgic Blood of the East ~ Old World

And a special, since I personally love this song and the world is seriously lacking in Blazblue arrangements and sheet music for them; Lust Sin [aka] Jin Kisaragi's Theme

Kimmel

Quote from: Jetsfantasy on June 05, 2011, 07:49:37 PMOk, I'm back and I've added the Stage 3 theme for Imperishable Night: Nostalgic Blood of the East ~ Old World

Hm, your arrangement is lacking on variety (especially the left hand).
There should be an ending, too.
Sorry for my English ^.^

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

Kimmel

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on June 16, 2011, 07:00:07 AMNo there shouldn't.

I mean, in your arrangement. If you don't want to do it, then don't do it. It's just my opinion.
Sorry for my English ^.^

Winter

If the original song didn't have an ending, why would he make one? That is, unless he was making a remix.

Cobraroll

^Because people who play the songs on site want to show or even perform it to/for others, and feel that ending the song in a lead-up to another loop doesn't sound too well. Many of those aren't skilled enough to improvise their own endings, so an "alternate ending" could be added after the "loop infinitely from here" end repeat.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Brassman388

Jetsfantasy

Quote from: Brassman388 on June 17, 2011, 03:15:57 PMTwo words; Fade out.
If anything, that's what I'll go for.

To those of you who don't know much about the music of Touhou, ZUN's tracks ingame loop infinately so no matter how long the fight lasts, you get seamless music during a fight then, as Brassman said, it Fades Out.
I've been trying to keep the loop in mind, but personally I've made endings for some of these, due to performances and etc, so I'll start putting those in as an option at the very end of tracks.

Kimmel

Quote from: winterkid09 on June 17, 2011, 02:00:19 PMIf the original song didn't have an ending, why would he make one? That is, unless he was making a remix.

It's good that most of the video game music pieces (songs ≠ pieces) don't have an ending (because of the loop. They sound better this way). 
Besides, a remix is something different than an arrangement.

Quoteso an "alternate ending" could be added after the "loop infinitely from here" end repeat.

I agree.

QuoteTwo words; Fade out.

This is an option, too. Although I don't like it very much, but this is my opinion. I prefer an ending.
Sorry for my English ^.^

KefkaticFanatic

Then figure it out yourself.  That's what everyone else does.

me irl
[close]

Kimmel

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on June 19, 2011, 06:26:05 PMThen figure it out yourself.  That's what everyone else does.

Are you referring to me?
If yes, what should I figure out?
Sorry for my English ^.^

Brassman388