News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Video Game Myths

Started by Dude, April 11, 2008, 05:13:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dude

I have to do a project for english about myths in either computer or video game myths. :( Any help?

blah54

i'd do computer myths... more substance in that, and it would at least relate to other people in your class...
It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.

Dude

no no, you don't understand. :P I need examples of either one. I can use both so I don't need to choose which one to do.

razer84

it's a myth that video games are bad for you. /thread

damn commies.

Dude

Quote from: razer84 on April 11, 2008, 01:20:25 PMit's a myth that video games are bed for you. /thread

Lol...

An example of something I'm looking for is like the "Luigi in Super Mario 64" or w/e

razer84

damn commies.

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

Dude

Dekudude

Do the "Triforce in Ocarina of Time" myth. :) I'd have to say that is one of the most widely disputed, even now, though it has been proven false.

Dude

Well I need like 10 at least :P

And i have to write things about it and stuff

HugoMeister

I heard something about the original Super Mario Bros. game. If you jump over the flag at the end of a level, you end up in another secret level. But thats false, the game stops you from jumping over it; you hit a barrier and land on the top of the flag.

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

razer84

damn commies.

Link

http://www.pbs.org/kcts/videogamerevolution/impact/myths.html

Those are good ones about violence. They debunk the myth that "video games cause violence"

http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/video-game-myths-fact-or-fiction-/1182040-2
Here's some more myths. Some of these are true and there is a first page.

Hope this helped.

I was part of this forum a long time ago (early 07?).

The-Real-Link

Quote from: Dekudude on April 11, 2008, 04:01:13 PMDo the "Triforce in Ocarina of Time" myth. :) I'd have to say that is one of the most widely disputed, even now, though it has been proven false.
Oh man....that's been around for like...ever! I remember b ack in the days of NSider I set out to prove that ones false....never got around to translating the Hylian text on the carpet in the temple of time though. Anyways, here's a few good ones.

1. The secret route behind Bill's House in Pokemon Red, Blue, and Yellow.
2. The Dragon Temple Stage in Melee
3. Metroid Project "Dread" (There's even in-game references to that!)

I'll try to think of more...

KefkaticFanatic

Mew under the truck :P
I finally got to the damn thing just to find that you CANT move it with Strength >:(

me irl
[close]