News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Main Menu

Video Game Myths

Started by Dude, April 11, 2008, 05:13:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dude

I have to do a project for english about myths in either computer or video game myths. :( Any help?

blah54

i'd do computer myths... more substance in that, and it would at least relate to other people in your class...
It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.

Dude

no no, you don't understand. :P I need examples of either one. I can use both so I don't need to choose which one to do.

razer84

it's a myth that video games are bad for you. /thread

damn commies.

Dude

Quote from: razer84 on April 11, 2008, 01:20:25 PMit's a myth that video games are bed for you. /thread

Lol...

An example of something I'm looking for is like the "Luigi in Super Mario 64" or w/e

razer84

damn commies.

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

Dude

Dekudude

Do the "Triforce in Ocarina of Time" myth. :) I'd have to say that is one of the most widely disputed, even now, though it has been proven false.

Dude

Well I need like 10 at least :P

And i have to write things about it and stuff

HugoMeister

I heard something about the original Super Mario Bros. game. If you jump over the flag at the end of a level, you end up in another secret level. But thats false, the game stops you from jumping over it; you hit a barrier and land on the top of the flag.

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

razer84

damn commies.

Link

http://www.pbs.org/kcts/videogamerevolution/impact/myths.html

Those are good ones about violence. They debunk the myth that "video games cause violence"

http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/video-game-myths-fact-or-fiction-/1182040-2
Here's some more myths. Some of these are true and there is a first page.

Hope this helped.

I was part of this forum a long time ago (early 07?).

The-Real-Link

Quote from: Dekudude on April 11, 2008, 04:01:13 PMDo the "Triforce in Ocarina of Time" myth. :) I'd have to say that is one of the most widely disputed, even now, though it has been proven false.
Oh man....that's been around for like...ever! I remember b ack in the days of NSider I set out to prove that ones false....never got around to translating the Hylian text on the carpet in the temple of time though. Anyways, here's a few good ones.

1. The secret route behind Bill's House in Pokemon Red, Blue, and Yellow.
2. The Dragon Temple Stage in Melee
3. Metroid Project "Dread" (There's even in-game references to that!)

I'll try to think of more...

KefkaticFanatic

Mew under the truck :P
I finally got to the damn thing just to find that you CANT move it with Strength >:(

me irl
[close]