TWG XVII: Duos

Started by master_gamer38, June 10, 2011, 03:03:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Super Zombie

universe-X

Aaaaaaaand insta.

Humans win :3

master_gamer38

It's 5:13 am for me. I'm tired, I'll get the postgame up later today. For now..

HUMANS WIN
Avid user of NFNet IRC network.

SuperFireKirby

yay, got to see it just before I left. GO US!

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

Hooray for you guys...was really a one sided game though in my opinion. I don't think there should have been a player that was allowed to see people's partner AND a seer...kinda made it impossible for us.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

universe-X

Yeah, but if we had taken away the sensor, then it would've given the wolves a bit of a higher advantage.

Partner games need a lot more thinking out o.o

Dude

So my original plan wasn't completely stupid!

HA.

Mashi

Quote from: universe-X on June 25, 2011, 09:24:59 AMYeah, but if we had taken away the sensor, then it would've given the wolves a bit of a higher advantage.

Partner games need a lot more thinking out o.o
Sensors were completely useless.  Once an alliance head was present, everyone should have claimed their role and partner, so having a Sensor was a bit silly.
Seers also made the game a bit unbalanced, since the Humans had a way of finding Wolves, but the Wolves didn't.  Not to mention that, had the Humans actually played correctly, once the alliance was created Night 1, the Seers would seer an unconfirmed player and if it were Human, the Humans would have a 66% chance of lynching a Wolf, even if they just chose to lynch randomly.

But anyway, I apologize to my Wolf Brothers!  I probably should have had the prudence to counterclaim the Seers with gzgregory, but alas, I was too timid to do so, because of the risk of accidentally 'seering' a confirmed alliance member as the wrong colour.  I'll also take partial blame for the game's design, since Mister MG did go to me to help him balance the game, but I didn't really help much.  Sorry about that!

Though, all in all, I think the game is a nice idea, but just needs a bit more work to make it balanced.  Either way though, it was fun to play at least.

universe-X

You're visualizing the game as it "should've" went down, but had we claimed roles, it would've been boring :P

Good show, though. Of course, my initial suspiscion about mashi was right.... Even though everyone was about to bandwagon a huge vote on me :< (thanks Super Zombie for saving me big time ^_^). If what he said had come from me, there would've been doubt since I am the accused one.

If we do have a game like this another time, there should be a purple middleman role. One that's not for either side (up to their discretion) an a special ability (like the Sensor type) would be bettrr for this lone player. Just an idea.

Mashi

The game technically did go that way, it just went by a lot slower than it should have. :P
Using Process of Elimination is what makes this game unbalanced.

universe-X

Yeah, but getting it over with at the beginning of the game is no fun.

And I agree with you on that.

Winter

Oh boo. I really could've helped more if I wasn't grounded and lacking an ISP simultaneously for 3 weeks