Dudeman's Arrangements (5/22/19 ~ Turnabout Sisters)

Started by Dudeman, June 12, 2011, 01:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jompa

You know you can be proud of yourself when you take an awesome song and makes it playable EVEN FOR JOMPA! I just played this!! And I'm usually bad! Still me performing it, sounds exactly like the pokémon center theme!!
Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 13, 2012, 02:12:55 PMKudos, my good sir, that's the best Pokemon Center arrangement I have ever seen.
Birdo for Smash

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SlowPokemon

All right, I made a MUS even if you don't want it; I altered some things that I think make the sheet better/more professional:

A) I changed the artist, as Jun'ichi Masuda was the one who composed this song, not Go Ichinose
B) I changed the game name to Pokémon Gold and Silver rather than Pokemon Gold/Silver--it looks more professional with the é and the word "and" rather than a slash
C) I changed the copyright to Game Freak rather than Nintendo, as Game Freak is the company which created the game
D) I changed the layer issues in measures 2, 4, 6 and 8 (only an aesthetic change, just so it looks cleaner and clearer)
E) I changed the layers in measures 9 and 11--having them in the bass clef looks even worse than how it did originally. Instead, I moved them to the right hand so that it looks cleaner, and simply marked the sections that cannot be played with the right hand with the expression "LH" (indicating to play them with the left hand)
F) This is the one you might not agree with, which is fine and an easy fix--I made all the notes in the left hand simple eighth notes, rather than staccato eighth notes. There are two reasons for this--1) It's extremely difficult in measures 9 and 11 to play the bass clef notes staccato as well as the second melody as non-staccato with the same hand; and 2) It isn't necessary for the notes to be staccato in the actual song; it feels a bit out of place with the bass staccato while the melody is not.

Other than those things, your arrangement is completely the same with no note changes whatsoever.

Here are the files:
MUS
PDF

Please take a look at them and see what you think; even if you don't agree with the staccato thing, I think you can agree that measures 2, 4, 6, 8, 9 and 11 look much better.

Dudeman

All right, the links are updated. Thanks you sooooo much, Slow!
And yes, it does look better. The staccatos aren't a big deal. I only put them there because those notes in the original are very short and crisp. But it's fine without them.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

SlowPokemon

You're welcome! I was so nervous you would get angry at my changing so much XD

Dudeman

I'm back with a nice, creepy (yet catchy) tune, just in time for Halloween!
Mario vs. Donkey Kong
Spooky House 1*: [PDF][MIDI]
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Clanker37

I love you. I love this song so much :D

Anyways, in bar 2 and every bar like it, the rhythm is wrong. You may need a trill sign, but since you're only missing two notes, you could probably put it in. Also, during the left hand melody where there's held notes, why not have the held notes in the left hand and the moving notes in the right? It just seems like a terrible strain to hold a note and move using one hand while the other is sitting idly by.

Anyways, apart from that, great arrangement! Well done and keep up the good work! :D

Dudeman

Quote from: Clanker37 on November 01, 2012, 12:43:40 AMIn bar 2 and every bar like it, the rhythm is wrong. You may need a trill sign, but since you're only missing two notes, you could probably put it in. Also, during the left hand melody where there's held notes, why not have the held notes in the left hand and the moving notes in the right? It just seems like a terrible strain to hold a note and move using one hand while the other is sitting idly by.
Fixed. Thanks for the feedback!
Quote from: wariopiano on November 01, 2012, 01:48:45 PM(sigh!) :(
Oh, yeah. Sorry for leaving that in the dust. I've really been putting it off because it sounded hard. I just went back and listened to it again and I think I can do this! Just give me a bit (possibly a day or two). Thanks for your patience!

Dudeman

Jompa

Aamazing!
what a cool arrangement - I kinda wanna learn to play it!
Birdo for Smash

Dudeman

It is a rather fun piece, isn't it? :)
In other news, new arrangement! This one is actually somewhat playable! *Glances at Jompa*
Pokemon Gold/Silver
Johto Wild Pokemon Battle*: [PDF][MIDI]

Dudeman

~~EXTREMELY AWESOME NEWS FLASH~~
Due to the extreme awesomeness of Finale NotePad 2012, I can now convert all my files to .mus files without assistance!
-LET THE CONVERTING COMMENCE!-
To start off with, I (finally) made an .mus file for my Dark Cave Duet! Posts shall be made as files are converted.
EDIT: Johto Wild Pokemon Battle now also has an .mus!

Dudeman

Okay, more people really need to go out and realize how awesome the Mega Man soundtracks are.
New arrangement:
Mega Man 5
Gravity Man: [PDF][MIDI][MUS]