News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

starrgrl's arrangement

Started by starrgrl24, June 13, 2011, 10:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

starrgrl24

I will have all of my arrangements in progress in this thread. :) I will focus on music from the Kirby series at the moment. Please, feel free to edit these and give suggestions. I don't have the best ear (though it has improved over the years thanks to my musicianship courses lol). These will be in .mus format because it can be edited that way. If anyone wants it in a different format such as .pdf or .sib, or some other format, then let me know. <:

Here is a current list of my arrangements in progress:
kracko battle theme (layout currently being worked on)

I like chocolate. :3

Shadoninja

welcome to NSM, hope you enjoy your stay :).

Rest Point

Measure 4 I would change the flats in the right hand to sharps.
Measure 5-8: there's a key change to Eb(3 flats Bb, Eb, Ab)

Formatting:
you need to put "composed by" instead of "composer" and separate the composers by a comma instead of an ampersand. you also need to remove the semi-colons.
there needs to be a metronome marking at the beginning. if you can't do it with your program, simply use the text tool and notate it with something like "quarter note = 84" and an updater or another member will add it for you.
there needs to be copyright info at the bottom.
the format goes like this
"developer/publisher/or composer © year of release" and then put the site url below that "http://www.ninsheetm.us"

hope to see more.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

starrgrl24

I wanted to avoid double posting, so I removed my previous message. Again, thanks a lot. I uploaded the edited version of the sheet music. :)

Kimmel

Here is my advice:

Separate the melody line from the accompaniment.
Apart from that, it's an easy transcription.

Sorry for my English ^.^

starrgrl24

Quote from: Kimmel on June 16, 2011, 05:21:11 AMHere is my advice:

Separate the melody line from the accompaniment.
Apart from that, it's an easy transcription.

Heey I was actually working on that. I do realize I need to separate the melody. At first I couldn't figure out a way to separate the melody because I am still a noob with finale...but HOPEFULLY I did a better job with this. Here it is with the separate melody. :)

MUS
PDF
MIDI

You can decide which is better, though I personally do prefer it with the melody shown.

Kimmel

It looks better now :)

I think, if you submit it, they will accept it.
Sorry for my English ^.^

starrgrl24

I made yet another arrangement from another kirby game! This the music of Rainbow Route or Forest/Nature area which is in the game Kirby and the Amazing Mirror. :D

sheet music here

Kimmel

Quote from: starrgrl24 on June 17, 2011, 05:34:04 PMI made yet another arrangement from another kirby game! This the music of Rainbow Route or Forest/Nature area which is in the game Kirby and the Amazing Mirror. :D

sheet music here

Your left hand is, er, static and simple. Perhaps you could vary it a bit more?
Sorry for my English ^.^

starrgrl24

Yeaah...I do realize the left hand is very simple, but I'm afraid that is the only way I can do it. The bass is actually like that in the music...so not much really goes on in the bass. I wanted the sheet music to be directly from the actual music...unless you want this to be a sort of remix. :P The middle voices that you do hear...is something that the left hand will not be capable of playing unless you have reaaaally long fingers. I'm a pianist...so I do make sure that it is also playable.

Ref: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzpZvY-nSw8

Unless you have suggestions and information about this music I'm unaware of. D:

Kimmel

Quote from: starrgrl24 on June 19, 2011, 10:33:09 AMYeaah...I do realize the left hand is very simple, but I'm afraid that is the only way I can do it. The bass is actually like that in the music unless you want me to harmonize.

Yes, harmonizing the piano arrangement is one way to make it sound richer.

Quoteor add another voice to the bass.

If you want to, than do it :)
QuoteThis music is very melodic...so not much really goes on in the bass. I wanted the sheet music to be directly from the actual music...

As you can hear, this piece isn't written for the piano. So you need to arrange that piece to make it sound good on the piano.
You could add the rhythm of the drums, for example.

Quoteunless you want this to be a sort of remix. :P

Well, a remix is something different than an arrangement ;)

QuoteRef: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzpZvY-nSw8

That brings back memories...
QuoteEdit: well...listening to this again...I may have an idea to vary the bass, but only for the last 2 measures. :P If it works, I'll upload it.

Okay!

Note: These things are only suggestions, so please don't treat them as if you have to follow them.
Sorry for my English ^.^

Shadoninja

Rainbow Route

I think it sounds fine the way it is. Generally, it's best to have one part simple while the other is more complicated. In this case the bass helps keep tempo.

have you considered putting octaves in the bass? It may or may not enhance it, but it sounds fine as is if you decide not to.

measure 11-12: personally, I would remove the B and A from beat 4 of measure 11 and the octave G's in measure 12 and leave the quarter notes in.

formatting:
composed by should be bolded.
arrangement by should be italicized
put quotes around the title of the song
game title needs to be italicized
double check with this
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

starrgrl24

Well....I think I had all possible complaints about format so I should have no problem when I arrange another music. xD Anyways, I have uploaded the edited files with the correct formats. I have also removed the unnecessary notes on measure 11 and 12. I took the advice and I think I prefer it that way after listening. I left the bass the way it is because...I think this music is good enough with a simple bass.

I have also fixed the "Rest Point" music from Kirby Super Star, so now the music have the correct format. xD

Kimmel

Quote from: starrgrl24 on June 19, 2011, 01:51:05 PMI took the advice and I think I prefer it that way after listening. I left the bass the way it is because...I think this music is good enough with a simple bass.

Okay!
If you think it's good than leave it like this :)
Sorry for my English ^.^

starrgrl24

aaaalrighty...I finally got to work on another music and here is the result of my progress:
http://www.mediafire.com/?x9mf0766fkse016
this is the music of Melody Town from Kirby's Epic Yarn. :)

There are chords that I'm very skeptical about...especially measure 33 and 34. I'm currently working on the dynamics because that is a little hard to tell. It's almost ready though. :) I love this music~

Dudeman

Hey! I made this one too! :D [MIDI][PDF]
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book