News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

TWG XVIII Host Sign Ups

Started by Mashi, June 29, 2011, 07:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mashi

I was expecting to make this after the Post Game was created, but I'm beginning to doubt that will occur, so you may begin.  Gogogogogogogogogo.

fingerz

IN.
I'll try to do better this time. ;)
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Dude

Subject: TWG XVIII Host Sign Ups

fingerz

Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Mashi

Evidently, this is an ingenious plan which was contrived by various TWG members here to get me to Host.  Those reprobat- I mean, frivolous people!  But I suppose I'll acquiesce anyway.

TWG XVIII: Insert Title Here

1. Master Wolf - Wolf seered Green.  Sends the Host a PM every Night Phase with a 300 character or less tribune to place in a tribune at the end of the Night Phase.  The Wolf and Tribune tribunes are not differentiated by the Host.
2. Wolf Shaman - Wolf with the power of the Seer.
3. Wolf Psychic - Is sent a PM at the end of every Phase informing him/her of how many Blues are remaining.

4. Seer - Send the Host a PM every Night Phase with the name of a player.  Will receive a PM informing him/her of that player's colour.  Knows the Tribune.
5. Tribune - Sends the Host a PM every Night Phase with a 300 character or less post to place in a tribune at the end of the Night Phase.  The Wolf and Tribune tribunes are not differentiated by the Host.  Knows the Seer.
6. Psychic - Is sent a PM at the end of every Phase informing him/her of how many Wolves are remaining.

7. Miller - Human seered Red.  Does not know that he is the Miller.
8. Herring - Human seered Blue.  Does now know that he is the Herring.
9. Human
10. Human
11. Human
12. Human

To make the tribune deal easier to understand; lets say the Tribune PMs the Host with a tribune saying "Blah Blah Blah, Mashi is super awesome, etc." and the Master Wolf PMs the Host with a tribune saying "Blah Blah Blah, Mashi is really stupid and is a really dumb TWGer, etc.".  At the end of the Night Phase, after I tell a story and say who dies, I will post something like "The Tribunes said "Blah Blah Blah, Mashi is super awesome, etc." and "Blah Blah Blah, Mashi is really stupid and is a really dumb TWGer, etc.", but I will not tell the Humans who sent which tribune.

But anyway, I'm not going to host this yet, since I'm thinking that it's rather unbalanced at the moment.  I'm hoping to add some mechanics for experimentation in this game (Such as the tribunes and the inability to create an alliance immediately due to the absence of a Guardian, or even which Wolf should hold the power of sending in a tribune), hence why it may take some time to balance.
At the moment, I've been contemplating whether to change the Psychics into Coroners, or having the Psychic seered Red, among some other things.  What I'm hoping this game will due is to promote thinking amongst members of the Human Team, rather than just basing everything off of seering results (Since, in this game, seering results aren't 100% trustworthy).  But, to compensate with the lack of good seerings, I added the Psychic, so the Human Team has at least one player who knows which dead players were Wolves and which players weren't.

But I'm just rambling on now; I'll think about the game for a while and balance it a bit and if I'm the only one willing to host, I'll host it.

Fun Facts:  I was actually about to post a French Revolution game, but then it became unnecessarily complex (And there was also a mass claiming problem that was unfair to the Wolves), so I deleted it.  Then, I tried making a Touhou 6 game, but then I wasn't sure how to distribute Roles, so I didn't.

SuperFireKirby

ummmmmmmmmm hard choice but I suppose I'll go with Mashi. ;)

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Winter

I dunno. winterkid09's game was epic, but Mashi's was just a bit better.

Mashi

Mashi's game is an enormity, we should kill it with fire.

Jub3r7's game, on the other hand, is one contrived by a celestial paragon.

Winter

Mashi

It's invisible.

But anyway, since there's no way out of hosting, I'll be making the Sign Up Topic a bit later today or tomorrow.  If anyone has any interest in hosting though, just post here and we could have a fair vote and I could immediately forfeit.

SlowPokemon

I'd love to host, it was so fun last time, but I don't have the time to think up a game. Can I host the game you posted? XD
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Mashi

Sure, knock yourself out.

I get to decide what the Title is though!

SlowPokemon

I will host and that's fine, just one question since the wording is a little strange: the Seer and Tribune know each other? As in, SlowPokemon is the Seer, so I know Mashi is the Tribune and vice versa?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Jub3r7

Quote from: Mashi on July 07, 2011, 11:54:59 AMMashi's game is an enormity, we should kill it with fire.

Jub3r7's game, on the other hand, is one contrived by a celestial paragon.
<3

But yeah, Mashi/SlowPokemon.
Maybe next time around I'll stop coming up with invisible ideas.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Mashi

Yes, SlowPokemon, that's correct.  You can make the Sign Ups Topic now, if you would like.