Bespinben's Arrangements! (020: "The Way Home" [帰り]~ PKMN Super Mystery Dungeon)

Started by Bespinben, July 02, 2011, 12:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jompa

What a beautiful song!! Great arrangement! Sounds so much like music from all the different Key games.
Birdo for Smash

Xaoz

Quote from: Bespinben on February 03, 2015, 07:49:27 PM
I give the Bespin seal of approval to Xaoz's critique (^o^)=b

Bespinben

WARNING, the following arrangement was notated in SIBELIUS notation software. Exposure may induce hyperventilation, dropped jaws, or violent Finale allergen attacks.

In order to tide off the temptation to spoil SuperPMD for myself, I decided to take a trip down memory lane -- good ol' PMD Rescue Team, whose 10th anniversary is nigh at hand! Surprisingly, over the last decade, virtually no one has endeavored to give the soundtrack a proper ORCHESTRATION, though entire OST remasterings and remixes of popular pieces are plentiful -- that is, until I stumbled across a certain Youtuber called Lotias, who as of last month set out to systematically re-orchestrate the soundtrack in chronological order (much like my own PMD GtI project). Despite the superior quality of his work, it remains criminally underviewed, and his project is now stagnant. As such, I felt inspired to transcribe his orchestrations (with a few of my own twists) in the hopes of siphoning some of my following to him. Please enjoy!

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

TheDreamingHawk

Oooh the PMD Perfect Collection album (A playlist I made of the best PMD arrangements) gets bigger! If it's PMD1 music then I hope he does frosty forest and escape through the snow soon to honor the all mighty Articuno. You know what to do Ben when that happens

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

Latios212

"I wouldn't reasonably expect someone to haul in a real harpsichord for just a couple measures of a 1 minute piece.... but that's the beauty of electric keyboards right? Hehe :)"

SO TEMPTED TO PLAY THIS ON MY KEYBOARD AND RECORD IT EIGHT TIMES
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bespinben

"SUPER SMASH BROTHERS....MELEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE­EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!"

Trying out another new video style. Kinda to my Super Mystery Dungeon video, just with a video for the background instead of a picture. Still gotta find a more efficient way to feather the edges of my sheet music snips though XD Still hoping for a revival of SSBM Fixing the Sheets someday :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BpHspjAzgk

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Latios212

Whoa. This is like, WAAAAAY playable.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

IvyandQuil

Where do you find which file names from the soundtrack relate to which tracks?
I happen to have the ripped soundtrack but it's an arduous undertaking putting them into order like the PSMD jukebox does. Would be really helpful to know (so renaming the files is made WAY more easier)

Bespinben

Hey hey hey! Welcome to my abode, friendliest of friends ♪

I assume you downloaded the soundtrack rip by FlygonBreloom yes?
https://www.reddit.com/r/MysteryDungeon/comments/3lhzc4/ultrahq_ost_rip/

See, I actually sorted out which file names corresponded to which Jukebox title myself by listening to a Japanese YT playlist of the Jukebox in order. No magic wands here ;) (oh the punz)

IvyandQuil

Nice to meet you too friend!
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon happens to be my favorite of all of the game series out there.
And yes I downloaded that rip (the first 30 you posted match)
Can I have the full list or at least the Japanese YT playlist link so I can rename my songs?
:D

IvyandQuil

And I'm just NOW getting the magic wand pun (oh PSMD gameplay details)

Oronoco

Thank you so much for the great arrangement of Living Spirit! I'll enjoy it even though I wasn't the one to make the request. :))

I love the Grovyle quote you included, too! It's one of those things I hope is meaningful to all people who read it, even if they haven't played the game to understand the context behind the quote.
Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

Bespinben

#1upBraix
   The fear of death drives us all; where can we find solace? If there is an afterlife, what does that matter to those doomed to cease to exist? If their existence could be preserved, to what lengths would they go to protect it? How much would they sacrifice?

This is the joint dilemma that both Grovyle and Dusknoir faced, and yet, their solutions are entirely different. Grovyle holds an altruistic worldview -- he is willing to sacrifice himself for the greater good because he is content with the understanding that by doing so, he is truly living. Dusknoir, on the other hand, uncontent his current reality but willing to bear its bleakness anyway, will exercise everything in his power to eliminate threats to the timeline, seeing any existence, even a subsistence, better than utterly disappearing. It is a touching moment when these two rivals finally come to an understanding of each other. I hope my arrangement captures the emotions this song is meant to evoke.

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/bespinben/131-living-spirit[/soundcloud]

[DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky:

131: "Living Spirit":
   [MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [MP3]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui6G8JBWT4Y

Quote from: Oronoco on October 26, 2015, 07:25:38 PMThank you so much for the great arrangement of Living Spirit! I'll enjoy it even though I wasn't the one to make the request. :))

I love the Grovyle quote you included, too! It's one of those things I hope is meaningful to all people who read it, even if they haven't played the game to understand the context behind the quote.
Dude. How.
...did you ninja my post 2 days in advance!?!?
Well, glad you liked it! I hope it's both musically and thematically appealing.

Bespinben