News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

Music Composition Software

Started by starrgrl24, June 30, 2011, 07:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

starrgrl24

You can get a student discount and here is the link to the information about it:

http://www.finalemusic.com/finale/academic.aspx

You can also go to other websites like journeyed.com or academicsuperstore.com ...but I prefer if you get it through the link I gave you. xD You just need to show proof that you're a student at a school, that's it. :)

When you do try to get student discount, you usually just email then a scan of your student ID.

I like chocolate. :3

Oritendo

oh ok, thanks  ;)

wow look at that price.. need to choose between ipod touch or finale..

Shadoninja

Quote from: Oritendo on July 05, 2011, 12:37:21 PMoh ok, thanks  ;)

wow look at that price.. need to choose between ipod touch or finale..
well what are you going to be using it for? NSM or large works(like orchestra pieces)?
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Oritendo

NSM, nothing bigger.  ::) more into writing english then music.   :D

Shadoninja

in that case you only really need songwriter or printmusic at the most.

Oritendo

Shadoninja

songwriter is $50 and printmusic is $120. you could buy songwriter and later upgrade to songwriter for a fraction of the price.

Dudeman

Just use MuseScore. It's free...
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Oritendo

Quote from: Dudeman on July 06, 2011, 11:37:24 AMJust use MuseScore. It's free...
I do, but I don't know how to add metronomes, and I hate that I can't undo some mistakes I make. I think I made a thread about my concerns with musescore.

Oritendo

Quote from: Shadoninja on July 06, 2011, 11:07:04 AMsongwriter is $50 and printmusic is $120. you could buy songwriter and later upgrade to songwriter for a fraction of the price.
moneymoneymoney  :-[

Dudeman

Quote from: Oritendo on July 06, 2011, 11:40:46 AMI do, but I don't know how to add metronomes, and I hate that I can't undo some mistakes I make. I think I made a thread about my concerns with musescore.
...what do you mean, "add metronomes"? You mean the sound or the tempo?
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Oritendo

Quote from: Dudeman on July 06, 2011, 11:50:19 AM...what do you mean, "add metronomes"? You mean the sound or the tempo?
"add metronome", singular. like, add ♪ = 117 or something.

Master_Z

I'm wondering if you could compose it fully in FL Studio, export the midi, and then import that midi into Finale and tweak it to have a sheet music arrangement...

DrP

Yep. A MIDI will always be a MIDI, so it'll import.

If you can export as an XML, you can save some of your aesthetic stuff.

Shadoninja

Quote from: Master_Z on July 20, 2011, 08:52:54 AMI'm wondering if you could compose it fully in FL Studio, export the midi, and then import that midi into Finale and tweak it to have a sheet music arrangement...
that's what I do sometimes.