It's not Opposite Day.

Main Menu

DO WANT.

Started by SlowPokemon, July 21, 2011, 04:50:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yugi

why do i keep mistaking kawai for kawaii

JohnK

Because you've read the word "kawaii" more times than "Kawai", so your brain automatically confuses the two, I guess. The human brain does all sorts of weird stuff, usually to save time/energy.

Pit0010

nononono

save up for a 'Fazioli' grand. Made in Italy. Very expensive but the sound is just beautiful.
Buy it if you are actually going to continue playing piano for a very long time and you would love to be a professional.
THE BEST. Guarantee

I do recommend 'Steinway and Sons'. yes always the best. And a more suitable piano because the Fazioli is more like a concert piano for big performances.

Others can be Yamaha, Overs (I think that's how you spell it) or Kawai. All a well-known and trustworthy.

GOOD LUCK :D

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 15, 2015, 07:20:41 PM
AUSSI
"Sorry to keep you waiting!'
~Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising ♥

Me youtube channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/Pit0030

JohnK

The local piano dealer has a 10' Fazioli concert grand. Gorgeous instrument, but I doubt it'll ever sell. Even in the biggest mansions, it'll still be too big (rule of thumb, IIRC, is that the perimeter/10 is the max size of piano you can put in a room without it sounding like crap). While there are those crazies who put a Steinway B (7' grand) into a 10'x15' living room, a piano of any size needs proper room to really come to life. A spinet or petite grand will sound fine in a practice room or small living room, but it'll be basically lost in a larger room or concert hall. Likewise, a concert grand or super-big upright will sound wonderful in the concert hall or very large living room, but it'll way overpower the space and sound dead in a small-average sized room.

Steinways aren't exactly "home" pianos. My cousins' Steinway, even when they put the cloth and Hummel creche and oodles of fake snow and other decorations on the top at Christmastime, still resonates throughout the house without a problem. Most American (and Asian) pianos, even in the home-sized models, tend to be quite loud. European pianos tend to be much quieter, probably because more people live in smaller homes/apartments.

Yamahas always felt kinda boring. Not bad, but not inspiring or interesting. Not sure what an "Overs" is. Do you have a picture of one?

Pit0010

well yes Fazioli's are more for a concert hall...coz they are usually a concert grand.

I've got a Yamaha grand and it's still in very good conditions.
Maybe consider getting a baby grand? XD Just a smaller version of a grand of course...

My school has a 'Over's grand piano and it's pretty good but maybe not as good as the yamaha.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overs_Piano
If u read that article...it says the Conservatorium of Music owns this piano. Yep...that's where I go to xD

Yah well...I'm assuming you don't live in Australia so it might be harder to get your hands on an 'Overs'

AUSSI

spitllama

The $99.95 sale for Finale 2012 is going again. Don't miss it.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

JohnK

Yeah, I'm in America.

Pit0010

haha righttt...so the Overs is diffs not an option for yah xD
AUSSI

Ricky

Quote from: spitllama on September 13, 2013, 05:19:30 PMThe $99.95 sale for Finale 2012 is going again. Don't miss it.
Where can I find the sale?

SlowPokemon

You need to register notepad first.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

MasterProX

Pretty sure I've already registered Notepad... still dunno what's going on.

SlowPokemon

If you registered Notepad, you should get an email about the promotion with the code to use when purchasing.

MasterProX

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 15, 2013, 02:24:32 PMIf you registered Notepad, you should get an email about the promotion with the code to use when purchasing.

I registered Notepad last year... I never got such an email. Is there something I'm missing here?

FireArrow

Makemusic is odd - I got emailed about promotions without registering notepad, however, I never get emails now that I have a registered full version.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

SlowPokemon

Quote from: MasterProX on September 15, 2013, 09:26:04 PMI registered Notepad last year... I never got such an email. Is there something I'm missing here?

Notepad 2012?