News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

General Nintendo Discussion

Started by DonValentino, July 29, 2011, 08:55:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

Quote from: WarioMan98 on October 29, 2011, 04:15:58 AMActually, yesterday I discovered that you unlock Luigi when you are in
World 8-4

How did you find this out?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

He saw it in Iwata Asks... it says "Luigi appears in the special world" right after talking about the ORIGINAL SMB unlocking a secret mode after 8-4. Has nothing to do with SM3DL, it doesnt say anything about a world 8-4. So he's wrong.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

DonValentino

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 30, 2011, 08:26:26 PMSo they are not having stars...just the stupid flagpole and the stupider star medals...if they use a map system I will be severely disappoint. And btw Warioman, you are wrong...nowhere does anything suggest  Luigi will be unlocked at that   level.

In any case, this sites are wrong:

QuoteIt has been revealed that Luigi will be playable in Super Mario 3D Land in special stages after completing world 8-4.
Super Mario 3D Land is being developed by Nintendo for the 3DS and will be in stores on November 13th in North America.

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/super+mario+3d+land

Supposedly Confirmed by Art Director Kenta Motokura in an "Iwata Asks"
Checkmate!  8)

SlowPokemon

Quote from: WarioMan98 on October 31, 2011, 03:22:53 AMIn any case, this sites are wrong:

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/super+mario+3d+land

Supposedly Confirmed by Art Director Kenta Motokura in an "Iwata Asks"
Checkmate!  8)

I read the Iwata asks, and NOWHERE DOES IT SAY THERE IS A WORLD 8-4 AT ALL. XD that site is wrong.

DonValentino

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 31, 2011, 07:39:47 AMI read the Iwata asks, and NOWHERE DOES IT SAY THERE IS A WORLD 8-4 AT ALL. XD that site is wrong.

Ok, whatever...  ;D
The thing is that Luigi is playable after all... Who cares when?  :)

Oh! And WTF, NINTENDO??? Seriously, QUEEN BEE ON MARIO KART 7?!? It's not that I don't like her, but instead they could have included a more epic character!  :'(

They have K Rool, Fawful, Dimentio, King Boo, the Koopalings including Bowser Jr, Funky, Diddie, Dixie and Candy Kong, Princess Shroob, Petey Piranha and even some of WarioWare... How about Mona, Jimmy T. or Dr. Crygor?  >:(
But nooooooooooooo... It had to be Queen Bee... -_-

Anyways, It's good to see Wiggler, Metal Mario and Lakitu. Just hope they include more chracters... :P

Olimar12345

Quote from: WarioMan98 on October 31, 2011, 08:00:35 AMOk, whatever...  ;D
The thing is that Luigi is playable after all... Who cares when?  :)

Oh! And WTF, NINTENDO??? Seriously, QUEEN BEE ON MARIO KART 7?!? It's not that I don't like her, but instead they could have included a more epic character!  :'(

They have K Rool, Fawful, Dimentio, King Boo, the Koopalings including Bowser Jr, Funky, Diddie, Dixie and Candy Kong, Princess Shroob, Petey Piranha and even some of WarioWare... How about Mona, Jimmy T. or Dr. Crygor?  >:(
But nooooooooooooo... It had to be Queen Bee... -_-

Anyways, It's good to see Wiggler, Metal Mario and Lakitu. Just hope they include more chracters... :P
Where did you hear this?

Sekter77

Quote from: Olimar12345 on October 31, 2011, 10:39:33 AMWhere did you hear this?

Here's an article. It cites Nintendo Power as the source so I'd say that's pretty trustworthy.
Metal Mario is an extremely redundant character and Wiggler/Queen Bee really is a goofy decision. I just want them to announce Dry Bones again! Waluigi would be a good choice too. Lakitu was kind of a cool surprise I suppose, but I hope that doesn't lead to some slippery slope where we'll be able to play as Goombas, Thwomps, or other random Mario enemies. (Though a random Mario enemy is my favorite character...)

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 30, 2011, 08:26:26 PMSo they are not having stars...just the stupid flagpole and the stupider star medals...if they use a map system I will be severely disappoint. And btw Warioman, you are wrong...nowhere does anything suggest  Luigi will be unlocked at that   level.
What's wrong with the goal pole? This isn't Mario Galaxy 3 you know. It's supposed to be a continuation of NSMB and the like, but with a more modern Mario flair. The flagpole is just as integral to the Mario franchise as the star is. Also, Star Medals add a lot more replayability because it encourages you to explore the level. I'm really excited to aim for 100% completion on this game. Really, I don't know why these things are so detrimental to the game for you.
Guitar and video games.

DonValentino

Quote from: Olimar12345 on October 31, 2011, 10:39:33 AMWhere did you hear this?

Wow, Olimar... Use google, for god's sake!  ;)

Olimar12345

I just didn't see it anywhere that I usually check for game-related news. plus I was kinda calling you out, hoping that you had made it up. Sigh...  :I

DonValentino

Quote from: Olimar12345 on October 31, 2011, 12:44:06 PMplus I was kinda calling you out, hoping that you had made it up. Sigh...  :I

lol Ehmmmm... No.

Olimar12345

I wish you had, thequeen bee looks really dumb...

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Sekter77 on March 08, 1974, 02:05:43 PMWhat's wrong with the goal pole? This isn't Mario Galaxy 3 you know. It's supposed to be a continuation of NSMB and the like, but with a more modern Mario flair. The flagpole is just as integral to the Mario franchise as the star is. Also, Star Medals add a lot more replayability because it encourages you to explore the level. I'm really excited to aim for 100% completion on this game. Really, I don't know why these things are so detrimental to the game for you.

Cause searching for a hidden star is about 10x the fun of a bunch of straightforward flagpole ending levels. NSMB is fun but SM64/Galaxy is far superior.

Sekter77

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 31, 2011, 03:57:45 PMCause searching for a hidden star is about 10x the fun of a bunch of straightforward flagpole ending levels. NSMB is fun but SM64/Galaxy is far superior.

I agree with you that finding a star is more fun. SM64 is probably my favorite Mario game because of its non-linearity, but I don't want every Mario game to be that way. I think it's pretty cool that they're doing a mix of 2D and 3D stuff and am glad that they're both trying something new and old at the same time. Really, if they had just put a star at the end of each level instead of a flagpole, it would've only been an aesthetic change. But hey, everyone's got their own opinion.
Guitar and video games.

SlowPokemon

Of course! I was just hoping this to be more of a Galaxy type game. It's sort of a mix between 3D and 2D isn't it? I mean, 3D world, but powerups and flagpoles. XD either way, it's going to be tons of fun.