News:

It's not Opposite Day.

Main Menu

General Nintendo Discussion

Started by DonValentino, July 29, 2011, 08:55:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueflower999

What's different about the deluxe edition? Does it come with more controllers or something?
Bulbear! Blueflower999

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: blueflower999 on September 13, 2012, 12:37:45 PMWhat's different about the deluxe edition? Does it come with more controllers or something?
You get more and a different color for only 50 extra dollars. The basic seems like it should cost $250, not $300. ???
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Olimar12345

Quote from: blueflower999 on September 13, 2012, 12:37:45 PMWhat's different about the deluxe edition? Does it come with more controllers or something?
Normal: 8GB memory
Deluxe: 32GB
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Olimar12345 on September 13, 2012, 12:50:07 PMNormal: 8GB memory
Deluxe: 32GB
With the deluxe, in addition to the memory, you're also getting a Game Pad charging cradle, stands for the game pad and console, Nintendo Land, and the "Deluxe Digital Promotion."

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

DonValentino

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on September 13, 2012, 12:59:55 PMWith the deluxe, in addition to the memory, you're also getting a Game Pad charging cradle, stands for the game pad and console, Nintendo Land, and the "Deluxe Digital Promotion."

If someone is wondering, the "Deluxe Digital Promotion" consists in a 10% discount on every digital download from the eshop until December 2014, 500 free nintendo points and some extra points per download (I predict 25 or 50). Abbreviation: Nintendo Network Premium.

KefkaticFanatic

With that much of an increase in storage there's no reason somebody shouldn't get the premium version.  However, it's still an abysmally small storage capacity considering that individual games Wii probably average from 2-5gb.  Though perhaps they are still going with the whole primitive online route and arent' going to have anything but wiiware esque titles... even still it's a tiny amount of storage....

At least it's expandable but ehhhhh too much about this is just disappointing.

EDIT: And now i just read that they're going to be using blu ray discs storing up to 25GB for games, but taht they will only have access to 1GB of system ram.... that's pretty lousy.  Greatly reduces the ability to use large environments or better quality texturing for one quick example.  And the fact that they only give you 32GB of storage at max when games are going to be up to 25GB is just silly...  They have no good reason to not throw in a 120gb hard drive like the last generation competition.  They're going to get burned for mistakes like that and the non-multitouch gamepad display.

I am pretty impressed that they are fully supporting external hard drive though, they must be pretty confident that piracy won't be an issue for a long time because that really helps opens up the door.

me irl
[close]

Spyro

I just preordered my wii u from toys r us after seeing how they went so quickly from gamestop and best buy.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on September 13, 2012, 03:21:23 PMWith that much of an increase in storage there's no reason somebody shouldn't get the premium version.  However, it's still an abysmally small storage capacity considering that individual games Wii probably average from 2-5gb.  Though perhaps they are still going with the whole primitive online route and arent' going to have anything but wiiware esque titles... even still it's a tiny amount of storage....

At least it's expandable but ehhhhh too much about this is just disappointing.

EDIT: And now i just read that they're going to be using blu ray discs storing up to 25GB for games, but taht they will only have access to 1GB of system ram.... that's pretty lousy.  Greatly reduces the ability to use large environments or better quality texturing for one quick example.  And the fact that they only give you 32GB of storage at max when games are going to be up to 25GB is just silly...  They have no good reason to not throw in a 120gb hard drive like the last generation competition.  They're going to get burned for mistakes like that and the non-multitouch gamepad display.

I am pretty impressed that they are fully supporting external hard drive though, they must be pretty confident that piracy won't be an issue for a long time because that really helps opens up the door.

They really should release the Deluxe in white, though...

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bubbles

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on September 16, 2012, 11:17:31 AMThey really should release the Deluxe in white, though...
And the black in regular (did they do that?)

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on September 17, 2012, 06:28:46 PMThe white is ugly though

But... but it must color coordiante with my Wii... :(

I suppose, however, that we can do a DS/3DS; my old DS Lite was white (now it has a rad Zelda shell), but our 3DS is black (I don't mind the cake layering, actually).

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SlowPokemon

So right now I have a bit of cash saved up.

Here's my plan of action...

October 2 - get Dark Shadows on DVD, even though it's not phenomenal I want to watch it again with my brother and don't want to leave my Tim Burton collection incomplete (I think currently I'm only missing the two Batman films)
October 7 - get Pokemon Black 2. Probably won't get White 2, at least not for a while.
October 23 - get Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (the sequel to the amazing 999)
October 28 - get Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Roz~

Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Wrydryn

Now with Subs!

But I really can't wait for this game, it's at the same standards of the others by the looks of it.

Roz~

^Same. I'm just glad Phoenix is back, I didn't really enjoy playing with Apollo.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.