News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Main Menu

TWG XIX: Mind Games ~ Signups Thread

Started by SlowPokemon, August 04, 2011, 04:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liggy

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 22, 2011, 04:49:43 PMYou bring up good points, but for many of them I disagree. Consider this: true, the unknowns don't know their partners to begin with. However, the messenger is really a win-win: if he discovers an unknown, he tells them and they each now have an ally and the new unknown can use his power. If he discovers a Wolf or a Human, then it's safe to lynch that player.

Also, I wouldn't see a problem with the Seer claiming, as anyone trying to lynch him would give themself away as a nonhuman (unless they suspected the Seer of lying...I guess I see your point. Still, it doesn't matter if the Seer claims; the Hypnotist can still mess with his head by changing a player's color, even if the Seer himself is unknown (no pun intended).

If the Messenger discovers an Unknown, the player he shares the results with also knows an Unknown, so the Unknown is immediately lynched.

If the Seer claims, and by some Miracle the Illusionist learns his role, he's going to get his power revoked every night.

And when I said the Humans have the majority when lynching, that's assuming the Unknowns and Wolves don't come together.  Since they'll both want to lynch the Seer, it becomes a 7-5 vote record, with humans being the minority.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Liggy on August 22, 2011, 05:14:59 PMIf the Messenger discovers an Unknown, the player he shares the results with also knows an Unknown, so the Unknown is immediately lynched.

If the Seer claims, and by some Miracle the Illusionist learns his role, he's going to get his power revoked every night.

A) I have no idea what you mean by "player he shares the results with". He doesn't share them with anyone, only if he chooses to. So if he discovers an Unknown, the idea is for him to tell the Unknown his or her specific role so they can be allies. No one else knows.

B) By some miracle? It only takes the Messenger to find out the role and tell the Illusionist he is in fact the Illusionist. And his power revoked? I'm getting the feeling you don't totally understand the game...
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Liggy

I misread the Messenger description.  However, the Illusionist learning his role counts on another player being intelligent (the Messenger), and luck.  Both of which can screw over a player playing perfectly.

Either the Illusionist's power is hard to be certain you have or the Seer won't claim for fear of being lynched/revoked.  Pick one.

Mashi

Liggy, you forget to notice a few things about the Unknowns in general.  The Messenger has ~30% of finding an Orange Night 1.  So, statistically speaking, he would probably find an Orange by Night 2 or 3.  Lets say that he find the Illusionist.  The Illusionist will not be able to activate his power until the next Night Phase.  Then you also have to consider the chances of the seer seering an Orange, which could possible be the Illusionist; the Seer has a 40% of finding an Orange each of those Night Phases.  Then you also have to consider the chances of an Orange being wolfed, which is also 40%.  The Illusionist has a strong power, but how long will he survive to be able to use it?  Furthermore, the Unknowns don't necessarily have to handicap the Humans; if the Unknowns find the Master Wolf, for example, they could use their power on him, so that the Wolves don't win and steal the Unknowns chances of victory.

And because of this mess, you should join so we can make a pseudo alliance and take part in frivolous antics like the jovial young children we are!

SlowPokemon

Also (kind of skimmed the above post, so forgive me if you realized this), the Messenger can find out a player's role every phase, not just the night phases. This is so the Unknowns might have a somewhat decent chance if the Messenger is found out and lynched later on (and so the Messenger can make better use of his power).
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Liggy

Quote from: Liggy on August 23, 2011, 04:19:13 PMEither the Illusionist's power is hard to be certain you have or the Seer won't claim for fear of being lynched/revoked, thus making his power not useful at all for the Unknowns.  Pick one.

This still stands.  Granted I added a bit, but still.

Purple1222119

In. I'll try to be super active I promise!!!
My Youtube! Featuring Orchestrations of Nintendo music and more!
Latest Tracks: Super Mario RPG & Superstar Saga HD ReMIX

Wrydryn

In. Now actually be active this time around, don't just bandwagon, and go on the irc where it's much easier to communicate.

EFitTrainr

I like food.

Dude

Mashi

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

I MIGHT POSSIBLY BE ABLE TO CONVINCE QEW OR CLARINETANDREW, BUT WE'LL SEE.

Dude

Is Winter playing or not?
I see a "(?)" but that isn't very helpful.

Winter

If the roster fills up, yes. but don't kill me because i work freaking every day. that'd just be like. rude.

Mashi