Spitllama's arrangements (Paper Mario TTYD "Story of The Thousand-Year Door")

Started by spitllama, August 17, 2011, 05:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitllama

Hmm I can make that reach but I can see how others may not be able to. Unfortunately this song is more suitable for a duet (ex/ the guitar strumming continues throughout the whole song).
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

spitllama

The opportunity to have this critiqued before posting has passed, so here goes nothing. If anyone has some suggested tweaks, I'll take those into account before doing a solo version.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess-

Darknut (requested by Jet Blankett)
Original
[ZIP] (two pianos)
Submissions Page

spitllama

I'd say this turned out pretty well :)

Super Mario Galaxy 2-

Clock Time Attack (requested by edgarox)
Original
[ZIP]
Submissions Page

FireArrow

So would I.  :)

It does feel like it could be more dramatic, but it's so hard to recreate strings on piano.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

FireArrow

As an idea, do you think you could include some of those high runs at 0:26 (measure 18) if you sustained the chords with the pedal?

spitllama

Hmm I hadn't considered playing them with the right hand. I also heard them before and decided I couldn't do it since the LH was so occupied.

I'm worried that the sixteenth notes will get in the way I'll have to leave out so much of the runs that they'll sound choppy. We'll see. Thanks for the idea FireArrow.
Submissions Page

FireArrow

Quote from: spitllama on July 23, 2013, 03:47:07 PMHmm I hadn't considered playing them with the right hand. I also heard them before and decided I couldn't do it since the LH was so occupied.

I'm worried that the sixteenth notes will get in the way I'll have to leave out so much of the runs that they'll sound choppy. We'll see. Thanks for the idea FireArrow.

I hear them above the R.H.  :-\

spitllama

No matter how much I tried to fix the 'a tempo' at the last measure, it affects the playback a measure early. Weird. Anyhow, yay for short arrangements.

Pokemon Platinum-

Villa ・ Twinleaf Music Box!
Original
[ZIP]
Submissions Page

FireArrow

Accidentals brah:

Measure 1: RH - Db needs to be a C#
Measure 2: RH -Bb needs to be an A# LH - Eb needs to be a D#, that's a broken B major chord.
Measure 3: RH - Eb needs to be a D#, L.H. Eb to D#, Db to C#
Measure 4: I don't know... I'd notate a sharp because it sounds like it's gonna lead to a D, but I really don't know.
Measure 5: Change the Db to a C#
I'm unsure about measure 6
Measure 7: If this really is in A minor, then those Abs should be G#s
Measure 8: Dbs to C# for sure, It sounds like the Bb should be an A#, but I'm not sure.

I could be completely off base here, but I think the majority of accidentals here are transitional cadences (is that the right word?) Basically, when you lead to a note that isn't the tonic via sharp (aka V chord.)

spitllama

OH lol I totally forgot to add the key signature. Does A major sound right to you? This may affect the accidentals you listed so might as well get this first.
Submissions Page

FireArrow

Jompa

D major.
It won't fix all the accidentals, so make sure to check in on all the things FireArrow said.
Birdo for Smash

spitllama

Welp, guess this is why I'm not getting into music.

Everything's fixed. Including the playback's a tempo.
Submissions Page

Sebastian

Hey Spit, can you do Overthere Stair for me please from Super Paper Mario?