News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Spitllama's arrangements (Paper Mario TTYD "Story of The Thousand-Year Door")

Started by spitllama, August 17, 2011, 05:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitllama

All right. It's been finalized with last minute touches. Thanks for the help guys.

The Roost- SSBB
[ZIP]
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

DonValentino

Quote from: spitllama on October 15, 2011, 12:42:41 PMAll right. It's been finalized with last minute touches. Thanks for the help guys.

The Roost- SSBB
[ZIP]

Aaaaaand now is perfect! Well done, agent Smith! I mean... agent spitllama!  ::)

spitllama

Quote from: WarioMan98 on October 15, 2011, 01:02:23 PMAaaaaand now is perfect! Well done, agent Smith! I mean... agent spitllama!  ::)
;D Thanks! The noob spitllama is slowly learning.
Submissions Page

Olimar12345

Quote from: Shadoninja on October 15, 2011, 02:02:10 AMsecond piece of evidence:

take a listen to the song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=TO7UI0WIqVw#t=12s

in the percussion you can hear the bass drum and snare keeping the beat. In the hi-hat and piano part you can hear there are three notes in each bass and snare note.

Hi-Hat(x)              x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x--- |
Bass(o)/Snare(!)    o-----------!-----------o-------o---!----------- |

does it look or sound like a 3/4 beat to you?

I rest my case.

This is all you needed. First thing was debatable, but I've never herd this version of the roost. Definatly in 6/8. Though the melody does look like a 3/4 melody... :P
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

fingerz

Very well done spitllama! An excellent job! :D
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

spitllama

The 23 second "Title Intro" from Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door is ready for some critiques! ;D

[MUS]
Submissions Page

spitllama

Submissions Page

spitllama

Submissions Page

spitllama

:( Not much traffic here... Either this means that my arrangements are so good that they're blowing everyone away, or they're just gawd awful. Most likely the latter.

"Ocean King's Theme" has been posted and as always, critiques are appreciated, as all sheets are intended for submission.
Submissions Page

Shadoninja

A quick message before I look at your sheets

I have already submitted a replacement for "Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time- Bowser Battle". It can be found here

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

spitllama

I'm glad you showed me that, I was already like 10 measures in haha
Submissions Page

spitllama

King Dedede's Theme from SSBB has been posted. I had some difficulty finding differences between the techno and orchestrated loops ???
Submissions Page

Shadoninja

Metroid Fusion - Crisis Mission

This is a very good arrangement and I think you captured the feel of the original very well. let's look at it in detail and see if we can't make it better.

Measure 4 – That tuplet on beat 4 could be changed to a quarter note tremolo. This also occurs in multiple other measures.

Measure 13, 14 – That top E seems a bit odd and breaks the flow. I don't think it needs to be there.

Measure 16 – The G# would be better spelled as an Ab

Measure 17, 51 – Is there any reason for the A on beat 1? I don't think it's really necessary.

Measure 19, 20, 23 -  The Eb in the left hand could be spelled as a D#

Measure 20 – I think the 16th notes and eighth rests on beats 1 and 3 could be dotted eighths with staccato.

Measure 21 – That B could probably be combined into the dotted eighth.

Measure 22 – There's something weird about the right hand from what I'm seeing. It looks like the first dotted eighth is a regular eighth but still plays like a dotted eighth.

Measure 25–28, 60-62 – You're missing a lot of harmony in the right hand. I think they're very important and add to the feel of the piece.

Measure 33 -  I don't think it's necessary to have that half note C.

Measure 34, 35 – The Gb should be spelled as an F# like in measure 33. Also, the Eb in measure 35 should be a D#.

Measure 47, 49, 50, 69 – Eb ->D#

Measure 50 – That chord is difficult if not impossible to play fully. I would drop the half note D.

Game title: it's simply "Metroid Fusion" not "Metroid 4: Fusion" even though it is the fourth game.
Formatting: remember to bold the song title and composer information. Also, italicize the game title and arranger information.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

spitllama

Mario Party 7's "Pagoda Peak" has been posted. And I finally figured out how to italicize text :P

Next up, fixing up all my sheets -_-
Submissions Page

spitllama

Rocket: Robot on Wheels's "Jojo's World" has been posted

[ZIP]

Measure 23 can pretty much die for all I care. If anyone can help me get the exact notes that would be much appreciated. Until then, voila!
Submissions Page