News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

The Great NSM Novel

Started by SlowPokemon, September 18, 2011, 05:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mashi

Oh, I knew I was forgetting to do something on the forum.

I think Harvest is a pretty cool guy.  He's too cool for rules and smokes in no smoking zones, after all!  I'm not sure about Dude's timidity (This is fun to say!) either, but you probably know him better than me.

Otherwise though, I think this was a good chapter, despite whatever mistakes you believe you've made.  Not every chapter has to be grand to be an entertaining read.

Winter

That was freaking hilarious xD

Dude

SlowPokemon

Quote from: gzgregory on September 24, 2011, 03:35:43 PMSo where's the like button.

:D We need one.

Quote from: Mashi on September 24, 2011, 03:40:11 PMOh, I knew I was forgetting to do something on the forum.

I think Harvest is a pretty cool guy.  He's too cool for rules and smokes in no smoking zones, after all!  I'm not sure about Dude's timidity (This is fun to say!) either, but you probably know him better than me.

Otherwise though, I think this was a good chapter, despite whatever mistakes you believe you've made.  Not every chapter has to be grand to be an entertaining read.

I don't know what I thought was really wrong with it... I was kind of hoping people wouldn't misinterpret my somewhat unorthodox portrayal of Harvest (as you did, unless I misunderstand you). I like Harvest, he just fit this role better than anyone and I've never written about this kind of character before. I wanted to include. Thank you!

Quote from: Winter on September 24, 2011, 03:42:50 PMThat was freaking hilarious xD

That was the intended effect! :D I don't know if you notice, I like to throw really random and bizarre elements into stories (such as in The Will to Go On, the attendant who shouts "IT'S HARDER THAN IT LOOKS, YOU LITTLE LIMA BEAN!" or all the randomness in my Mad Scientist story). You know, like a Mario & Luigi RPG -esque kind of zany humor. Since I enjoy it myself, I try to use as much of it as possible in my writing.

Quote from: Dude on September 24, 2011, 05:09:56 PMGJ <3

d(^^)

Aaaaaand, this comment means most to me. :) It's hard to write about actual people because they might get offended at my interpretation of them. Since you liked it, that means I'm successful! Or maybe you just liked the chapter. :P

Either way, I'm really enjoying myself and kind of getting a feel for the story. I think I have the plot worked out, but as always it's just me writing with a hazy goal in mind. I don't like to plan too much, because I find that my writing is more compelling and funny when I just write and figure out the story as I go along.

Keep reading, guys! :D I'm hoping this will turn out good!
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Winter

You better do the next chapter tonight.

Mashi

Cirno, you can't rush genius!

Winter

SLowPokemon, you have exactly 45 minutes, now take your time.

SlowPokemon

I won't finish it tonight, but I can at least announce the chapter title.

Coming soon-ish:
CHAPTER FIVE
A Winter is You!

Winter

That's what I'm talking about. :D

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

SlowPokemon

Well, Dude had "Dude, Where's my Clue?" so I needed to live up to that

Winter

What's the joke then?

Are you making fun of Zeta?
 It'd be 'A Big Winter is You' then.

SlowPokemon

...it's a play off of the phrase "a winner is you"... have you never heard that before?

Winter