News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

The Great NSM Novel

Started by SlowPokemon, September 18, 2011, 05:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roz~

Tinychat bar? Megusta!
It's as awesome as the other chapters, can't wait for the next part! =D
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Mashi

Ruto

Quote from: Mashi on March 16, 2012, 08:39:05 PMSaria, loooooooool.

XD agreed. Really cute :P And you nailed the bit about Shado and le mushroom hat...but now you've sent him off and we won't hear from him again until Concerto is found, yah?

Can't wait to see dahans xD

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Ruto on March 16, 2012, 10:23:12 PMXD agreed. Really cute :P And you nailed the bit about Shado and le mushroom hat...but now you've sent him off and we won't hear from him again until Concerto is found, yah?

Can't wait to see dahans xD

Haven't seen her in a while :P

Shado's way too full of comedy gold to send off this early. He only said six words and he's already one of the more comedic moments in the story. You'll see more of him for sure.

And yeah I think you might enjoy dahans's appearance. ;)
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

dahans

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 16, 2012, 10:28:58 PMHaven't seen her in a while :P

Shado's way too full of comedy gold to send off this early. He only said six words and he's already one of the more comedic moments in the story. You'll see more of him for sure.

And yeah I think you might enjoy dahans's appearance. ;)
... I know where this is going... xD
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Ragster

Glad to see that you've gotten another up Slow! Shado has a way with introductions xD. Can't wait for the next chapter :D

Ruto

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 16, 2012, 10:28:58 PMAnd yeah I think you might enjoy dahans's appearance. ;)

With or without clothes? loljk xDDD

Quote from: dahans on March 17, 2012, 01:12:04 AM... I know where this is going... xD

;)

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Ruto on March 17, 2012, 09:48:07 AMWith or without clothes? loljk xDDD

Funny you'd say that...no spoilers for now. It'll come in a couple chapters.

SlowPokemon

CHAPTER SEVEN
Mashed Jubtatoes

"East side of town," said Jub. "I always like visiting here."

"I must agree," said Mashi, careful to enunciate every symbol with perfection and eloquence. "It isn't as busy as the other districts of our metropolis. The country is simply gorgeous, don't you agree?"

"I do," said Jub. "It's...superlative." Mashi smiled slightly.

Mashi was walking at a brisk pace, Jub a bit behind him. The way Mashi walked was always with a sense of purpose, never trailing behind. Jub on the other hand liked to scrutinize everything.

"Where are we going?" said Jub curiously.

"To interrogate Dr. Pamplemousse," said Mashi. "He must know something about this. I'm surprised he wasn't at the party."

Jub nodded thoughtfully and the two walked towards Dr. Pamplemousse's apartment. The tall, broad-shouldered boy opened the door, smiling as usual. He held a Starbucks drink in his hand.

"What's going on?" he said pleasantly.

"A certain one of our city officials has seemingly vanished from the premises of the city," said Mashi, his dark eyes piercing DrP's. "Have you seen Concerto in the last week or so?"

"No!" said DrP, gaping at Mashi. "How long has he been missing?"

"A few hours," said Mashi, sighing. "It would seem no one has seen him for at least three days. JaMaHa is in a frenzy over this perplexing event. It's quite unfortunate."

"It does sound unfortunate," said DrP, absently stirring his coffee with a worried expression. "I haven't seen Concerto in a while... ever since we argued about his sheet quality last week."

Mashi stared at him. "Sheet quality?"

"It--it was nothing big," said DrP, laughing nervously. "Just one of his music arrangements was both unplayable and inaccurate...but he refused to fix it. It was for one of my favorite songs, or I wouldn't have made an issue of it."

Mashi stared at DrP for a moment, then said "Write that down," quietly to Jub.

"It's nothing I would...kidnap him over," said DrP, uncertainly. "You know that...right?"

"Of course!" assured Mashi. "I just have to make a note of everything, you understand."

"...Right," said DrP. "Any other questions?"

"None," said Mashi, giving a wry smile. "We really must be going. Jub3r7, let us take our exodus."

"Uhm...yessir," said Jub, hastily scrawling the last of their conversation.

They left DrP looking vaguely worried.

"Do you believe him?" said Jub once they were out of earshot.

"Of course," said Mashi. "But...no, I shouldn't."

"What?" said Jub suspiciously.

"Well...it is something strange, that he would have had an unresolved argument with Concerto, and then he goes missing?" said Mashi. "This is all a big game of TWG--one either has to make note of everything or miss the obvious."

"Right," said Jub thoughtfully. "So, who else lives in the east district?"

"I can't think of anyone else off the top of my head," said Mashi, frowning. "Maybe we should just head back to the central district."

"You there!" said a voice suddenly.

"Yes?" said Mashi immediately, spinning around. He found himself face-to face with the two boys who popped up in time occasionally, and whose broken English was the source of much confusion and hilarity to the city of NSM--Sipan1234 and his ever-present companion, TalesEXLife.

"You, look for the one Concerto who lives in town this is correct?" said Sipan suddenly, his lack of coherence and punctuation obvious even in spoken language.

"Yes, this is true," said Mashi, as Jub struggled to figure out how to write that down coherently.

"Say no more, Sipan1234!" shouted TalesEXLife suddenly. He glared up at Mashi. "You bad man making Sipan1234 reveal bad things of life! No heart, that is what I am thinking currently! Just leave Sipan1234 alone, he has done nothing wrong and does not electric chair want for much!"

Mashi looked vexedly down at the small boy with the fat, angry face. "What do you mean? Do you two boys know something about Concerto's disappearance?"

"Nothing!" shouted Tales even more angrily. "But you reporter types always are twisting and turning the words of the innocent lives who in town live happily! And always following is chair of electricity and then death! Refusal to talking to you is in order! Leave this place and never again return!"

Mashi stared strangely at him. "Alright, then."

"No! Do not leaving, please TalesEXLife is only trying protection me," said Sipan quickly. "He is bad with language English and does not always understand what he is saying, he not good with English like me."

Jub gave up trying to write down his comments and pulled out his smartphone to record the conversation.

"In that case, DO you know anything about Concerto's disappearance?" Mashi said.

"Not a thing, bye-bye have a nice ice cream in Paris," said Sipan.

"Where did TalesEXLife go?" said Jub, frowning.

"Aaugh!" exclaimed Sipan, shaking his head. "He has deleted his account again!"

Mashi rolled his eyes. "We'll be going," he said, and walked away--right smack into TalesEXLife.

"I am back," he said pleasantly.

Mashi grabbed Jub by the wrist and hauled him out of the street, and the two walked quickly back towards the center of town.

"I think I actually lost some brain cells trying to comprehend that conversation," said Jub3r7.

"No matter," said Mashi. "Let us return and report our findings."

Ruto

Lol xD Isn't it hard to write sipan/tales? Though the part about Concerto making a bad arrangement was funny :D

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 17, 2012, 11:56:27 AMFunny you'd say that...no spoilers for now. It'll come in a couple chapters.

XDDDDD

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Ruto on March 17, 2012, 01:17:53 PMLol xD Isn't it hard to write sipan/tales?

YES thank you for realizing. I hope I was successful at imitating their style in a way that's not so stupid that it isn't funny.

Roz~

I think it was awesome, it really made me laugh xD
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Mashi

Jub3r7 + Mashi = Best Duo
Mashed Jubtatoes has a nice ring to it too.

And yes, I agree with Roz; your emulation of sipan and Tales' speech was A+++++++++.  It certainly was very humorous!