News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

The Great NSM Novel

Started by SlowPokemon, September 18, 2011, 05:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Quote from: spitllama on April 15, 2012, 04:37:10 PMI'm not an integral part of the forums :'(

I never said you wouldn't be in it. :)

Quote from: Ruto on April 16, 2012, 09:13:28 AMOmg keep writing XD

Uhm...you'll have fun with the next chapter XD
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

spitllama

Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

SlowPokemon

CHAPTER NINE
Further Interrogations, Part I

"I haven't seen Dahans in ages," said Slow thoughtfully. He stumbled across his words less and didn't hesitate so much in his speech when he wasn't around so many people.

"Who knows? Maybe he's gone missing too," said Roz, smiling.

Slow laughed. They approached Dahans's apartment's door. Laughter could be heard from inside. Dahans deep voice was laughing...but who was that with him? Giggling was audible, too. Giggling? Slow glanced at Roz and frowned slightly. Was this a bad time?

Too late. Roz knocked on the door anyway, and the laughter stopped. After a minute, Dahans answered the door. Shirtless.

Oh, god... Slow thought, turning slightly red.

"Hello, Slow! ^^" said Dahans. "And Roz! What can I do for you today?"

"Uhm..." said Slow, stammering again. "We're here to...er, ask you some questions about Concerto's disappearance."

"Concerto is missing?" said Dahans, his grin fading away.

"Yes," said Roz. "May we come in?"

Dahans hesitated, then nodded. He stuck his head in the door for a second and then shouted "Ruto! Slow and Roz are here!"

Ruto?! thought Slow, turning even redder.

"Give me a second!" she called, sounding flustered.

"We can definitely come back later..." Slow assured Dahans quickly.

"No, no, I take a great interest in my friends' wellbeing," said Dahans with a serious look on his face. Ruto shouted "Okay!" and Dahans gestured for them to go inside. He put an arm around Slow's shoulders. Ruto was inside on the couch, dressed normally (Thank god, thought Slow). Dahans's shirt was next to her.

"Slow and Roz have some very disturbing news," he said gravely.

"Wow, you still haven't found him?" said Ruto surprisedly, her cheeks a bit pink.

"You knew about this?" said Dahans, looking genuinely surpised.

"I thought it would blow over quickly," said Ruto, shrugging.

"No," said Dahans worriedly. "This is a tragedy." He absentmindedly sat down at the piano and played a few bars from Beethoven's fifth, the tense nervousness matching his mood. Indeed, although his fingers were flying across the piano, he appeared not to notice what he was doing.

"Dahans, can we ask you a few questions?" Roz said professionally, ignoring the scenario.

And could you put a shirt on? Slow thought, but he didn't say anything.

"Yes," Dahans said, forcing (with some effort, it appeared) his fingers to stop playing, and turning around on the bench.

"Uhm...right, then," said Slow. "First off, when is the last time you saw Concerto?"

"Well...to be honest, I can't remember," he said sheepishly. "I only ever see him at the Tinychat Bar, and I'm sort of a heavy drinker..."

Roz glared at him stonily. "You can't remember?"

"Well...let's see...he was definitely there last time I was there... and that was...hmm, with Ruto, two or three weeks ago," Dahans said, struggling to remember.

"I see," said Roz, while Slow wrote that down. "And finally, do you know of any reason Concerto would suddenly disappear?"

"Hmm..." said Dahans thoughtfully. "No, I can't say that I do."

Roz sighed. "Thanks, Dahans... I think that's all we'll need. Sorry to interrupt your...that is to say, I'm sorry you two were...interrupted," she said carefully. Ruto avoided everyone's eyes, turning fiercely pink.

Roz stood up and said, "Come on, Slow, I think we should take our leave. It's nearly 8:00 and we need to be at the Tinychat Bar."

"See you later, Slow," said Dahans, a grave look in his eye, whose effect was somewhat diminished by his lack of covering. "My hope is that you discover Concerto's whereabouts soon."

"Goodbye, Dahans," said Slow awkwardly. "Thanks for your time."

"Oh, and Slow?" called Dahans. "Put this on my front door for me." He tossed a cowboy hat to Slow, who acted like he hadn't seen it, grabbed Roz by the wrist and dragged her out the front door.

MaestroUGC

Alt title:
Dahans: Behind Closed Doors,
or the Impromptu Ballad of the Missing Concerto by the Town Drunk
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Nebbles

PFFTHAHAHAHAHA

omg that was the best chapter yet xD I couldn't stop laughing ahsdjkssdf
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Ruto

Hahaha xD omg You forget to use a private chatroom once and it haunts you for the rest of your life...oh is my face red...xD *shuts up*

Quote from: MaestroUGC on April 16, 2012, 06:43:04 PMAlt title:
Dahans: Behind Closed Doors,
or the Impromptu Ballad of the Missing Concerto by the Town Drunk Governor

Fixed xD

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 16, 2012, 06:16:12 PMDahans deep voice was laughing...

XDDDDD not really?^^

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

dahans

I'm the shirtless town drunk...  I didn't expect that ^^. But it definitely made me laugh xD. So I guess it's ok xD.
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Greg

That was the best chapter.
Of anything.
Ever.
XD

spitllama

Was kind of expecting more exciting reactions from Ruto and dahans but it's all good.

I MUST HAS MOAR
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Raymondbl

Great chapters, but I don't really get the thing between Dahans and Ruto.  Were they both drinking?  Or was it somewhat romance-ish?
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

SlowPokemon

Neither one was currently drinking...it's kind of a reference to one time when I went into tinychat...I don't think I'm gonna say any more XD

dahans

Just go ahead... say it^^.
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Ruto

Quote from: Raymondbl on April 17, 2012, 09:42:27 AMGreat chapters, but I don't really get the thing between Dahans and Ruto.  Were they both drinking?  Or was it somewhat romance-ish?

Yes, I was definitely studying for a biology exam XD maybe with a drink or two...

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 17, 2012, 12:45:12 PMNeither one was currently drinking...it's kind of a reference to one time when I went into tinychat...I don't think I'm gonna say any more XD

Omg...I need to invent that amnesia ray.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Raymondbl

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 17, 2012, 12:45:12 PMNeither one was currently drinking...it's kind of a reference to one time when I went into tinychat...I don't think I'm gonna say any more XD
Ok, I think I get it now. 
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.