News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

Erm... Is this guy stealing our music?

Started by Clanker37, September 23, 2011, 03:19:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrP

He stole my Kotone arrangement from HGSS and then labeled it under Lacunosa Town... then he changed it... that's how I knew it was mine!

Also, he stole some of our DPPt arrangements.

dahans

Kill him... ::)

I posted "Thanks for stealing my arrangement" to all of "my arrangements" *cough**cough**cough*...
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

SlowPokemon

That's the wrong way of going about it, dahans.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

dahans

SlowPokemon

Well, we don't need to resort to that yet. Several of us have politely messaged him and asked him, and we're reaching some sort of compromise. Going and trolling all his videos is just going to make him angry. It doesn't matter much that you did, but we might reach an agreement soon anyway. ^^ btw, awesome piano + violin medley!
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Olimar12345

I've been posting alot of comments telling ppl where to find the midis and sheets. Hopin' it works...
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

DrP

That COULD bring newbies to the forum (let's hope we dont drive them away) and grow our community... that is IF we are nice about it!

dahans

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 25, 2011, 04:48:31 PMWell, we don't need to resort to that yet. Several of us have politely messaged him and asked him, and we're reaching some sort of compromise. Going and trolling all his videos is just going to make him angry. It doesn't matter much that you did, but we might reach an agreement soon anyway. ^^ btw, awesome piano + violin medley!
Thanks but that's the wrong thread...xD  Maybe I should delete my posts.

Shadoninja

Quote from: dahans on September 25, 2011, 03:56:19 PMWhy?
because
"Criticism is futile because it puts a person on the defensive and
usually makes him strive to justify himself. Criticism is dangerous,
because it wounds a person's precious pride, hurts his sense of
importance, and arouses resentment."
-How to Win Friends and Influence People (Page 23)

William Winter once remarked that "self-expression is the dominant
necessity of human nature." Why can't we adapt this same
psychology to business dealings? When we have a brilliant idea,
instead of making others think it is ours, why not let them cook and
stir the idea themselves. They will then regard it as their own; they
will like it and maybe eat a couple of helpings of it.
Remember: "First, arouse in the other person an eager want. He
who can do this has the whole world with him. He who cannot walks
a lonely way."
-How to Win Friends and Influence People (Page 54)
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

spitllama

Did this end up getting fixed? DICK MOVE says I.

Also it's kind of counter-productive to spam his inbox asking for recognition and also flag the channel isn't it? Seems like it would require one step at a time and flagging should be a last resort. Right now it's like "Hi can you please give credit?" and then FLAG FLAG FLAG.

I don't know if that made any sense.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

KefkaticFanatic

Sounds to me like he's just some guy that likes game music and/or wants a bunch of youtube views.  He also doesn't seem to speak english very well.  Honestly seems harmless to me, plus you can't actually claim anything as the music is property of its respective composer and/or publisher.

If anything, do nothing but ask him if he would add credit from now on or something.  Spamming whatever crap some of you seem to be doing does nothing but say this community is a bunch of bratty kids.

me irl
[close]

Shadoninja

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on October 06, 2011, 09:25:10 PMSpamming whatever crap some of you seem to be doing does nothing but say this community is a bunch of bratty kids.

this times a thousand.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

spitllama

I made a very respectful comment on his channel to another user who was glorifying the guy for his work and requested the "Battle with Dialga/Palkia" and "Battle with Giratina" themes. I said "hi wolfman *blah blah username*, these arrangements are actually from the community at www.ninsheetm.us! They've got tons of sheets and even have the *above listed themes* you were looking for! Check it out :)"

Comment immediately removed.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

KefkaticFanatic

You can try to bother youtube with a flag or claim or something, but as we have no copyright to anything mostly likely nothing will happen.

Dickwads will be dickwads, there's really nothing you can do about it.

me irl
[close]

Qew

he's german. Maybe we should get Hugo to message him using only polite/formal forms requesting he give recognition to NSM in his future videos, and allow us to place comments referring people to our site to let them find more in his current videos.