News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

The Adventures of Jesus And Friends

Started by SuperFireKirby, September 25, 2011, 06:12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

Oh, Lord. He's a fundamentalist. A Creationist.

You will not last long with my people here. Also, you misinterpreted my comment earlier. I enjoy the work SFK does here, it's just manner he went about it is inappropriate, though you could argue that's the point. My complaint was against the delivery of the humor, not the content.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Waddle Bro on January 20, 2013, 07:18:10 AMMaria: Honey, I'm pregnant!
Josepf: How is that possible? I thought you were a virgin?!?!
Maria: Umm... *must think something fast* It was God!!! :O An angel told me I'm gonna have God's child!
Joseph: Oh wow. Yaay I'm gonna have God's son! :J
lol,one of my friends always likes to say,"Was Jesus really the son of God, or is Christianity really just the world's greatest love child coverup?"

But hey mariolegofan, if you don't like my SEXY retelling of the Bible, you can leave. This thread was not meant for the close minded. In fact, I'm not sure if this thread is meant for anybody sane. BUT THATS NOT THE POINT. Just pretend the oasis of BEAUTY AND MAJESTY that is this story doesn't exist.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

Don't start crap, Waddle. Just leave him be.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Waddle Bro on January 20, 2013, 11:22:44 AMI was trying to get him realize that ignoring evolution and all that kind of stuff won't get you far in life. :P
When you take into account the small chance that evolution would produce what we are today, and all the fatal mutations that would occur (and quite possibly wipe out many species, and leave only a small amount of species that are properly suited for their environments), plus the fact that there is no observable evolution in the modern day (peppered moths don't count, because both colors were around before the Industrial Revolution; thus, the species did not actually change at all, aside from [possibly, although there have been some errors found in the experiements] changes in the NUMBER of light or dark colored moths).

Coevolution would be essentially impossible, since, if both species developed at different times, one, that relies on the other, would die out, and it is even more farfetched to believe that the two species would evolve at the same time, as there would be no reason for them to develop a coevolutionary relationship like that, since they might be better to evolve where they are independent of the other species.

Many evolutionists will cite any example possible as a "sign" or "fact" of evolution, whether or not it actually proves their point; likewise, you could say that same thing about some creationists.

Also, for refrence, I (although others may not) consider "adaption" and "evolution" to be two different things, to better distinguish and clarify what I'm saying.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on January 20, 2013, 12:38:10 PMI see adaptation as a form of evolution, because once a certain characteristic of an organism changes to fit its environment, wouldn't it have "evolved" into a better fit organism, even if it just grew pointier toes or something?
Adaption, as I see it (for purposes of clarity and differentiating), is for example, direct changes to your environment, which do not change a species (best comparison would be East Sea vs. West Sea Shellos/Gastrodon or Deerling/Sawsbuck, albeit to a lesser extent :P). For example: gaining thicker fur in a colder environment, and shedding the fur when it gets warm; migrating north/south depending on the season; eating one food instead of another.
Humans who move from one area to another, as well, adapt characteristics to their new environment, such as going from a city to a small farm. Or even, as in the last example in the above paragraph, becoming a vegan.

Evolution, however, as I see it, is the complete changing of a species (enough to where it's hard to compare it with its previous "form"). For example: sea animal turning into land animal; land animal gaining the ability to fly small distances; land animal gaining stronger arms and legs; quadruped becoming a full-time biped :P.

I am not here to aruge (or even discuss :P); I'm just here to state something...
And another point to bring up: the evolution would have to happen extremely rapidly in order to be effective, as in the span of only a few generations (generation being one "chain" of offspring, to their offspring, etc.).

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: mariolegofan on January 20, 2013, 12:50:46 PMEvolution is so dumb, I could spit!
Give me some good reasons on how it's real
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SlowPokemon

Quote from: mariolegofan on January 20, 2013, 12:49:07 PMYea!! You can never put a lid on it!!

You too! Just stop this argument and stop posting in this thread if you don't like the story!

Quote from: mariolegofan on January 20, 2013, 12:50:46 PMEvolution is so dumb, I could spit!
Give me some good reasons on how it's real

Stop posting this type of thing. Just ignore this thread, it will cause no one any good to have this argument.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: mariolegofan on January 20, 2013, 12:56:51 PMOk waddle bro

When hundreds of thousands of people vanish you will believe
It's called the rapture.
Oh, and aliens arnt real
"But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only." It could be tomorrow, or a thousand years from now; maybe we might do it to ourselves.

You do not know if aliens are real or not, because we have no way we can either prove or disprove them from our limited perspective.

Frivolous statements do not get anywhere.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on January 20, 2013, 01:43:49 PMYou said adaptation would be like an animal gaining thicker fur for colder climates. That cant really happen in a few generations, and neither can evolution. Evolution isnt literally like Pokemon, changing that drastically. A thoery is that elephants are direct edscendents of a mammoth, so that would be thousands of years for the elephants to finally shed that nasty fur so they dont melt in the heat anymore.

And lol vegan isnt an adaptation its a choice. You're not born a vegan/vegetarian, which is why plant eating animals are called herbivores and not vegetarians
¡No me digas! ::)

Once again, you are completely missing my point.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SuperFireKirby

GOD DAMNIT HOW DID THIS HAPPEN. I TOLD MLF HE COULD LEAVE, AND THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE END OF IT. Now I've got people arguing about The LAW of Evolution(It should be) and aliens and shit.

If you THE EARTH WAS CREATED 5000 YEARS AGO people can explain this to me I will be satisfied, only because I'm interested in what you actually believe because I'm not actually sure. How do you explain fossils? I'd actually really like to hear what you have to say, not in a dickish way either.

Further more, while there ABSOLUTELY no physical evidence that can prove the existence of a god, there's ABSOLUTELY NO EVIDENCE THAT REFUTES THE EXISTENCE OF EVOLUTION. THERE HAS NEVER HAS BEEN ANYTHING FOUND THAT COULD DISPROVE EVOLUTION. EVER.

ARE WE DONE HERE? GOOD. BECAUSE NEW ADVENTURES OF JESUS AND FRIENDS EPISODE TOMORROWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Bubbles

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on January 20, 2013, 01:56:45 PM
ARE WE DONE HERE? GOOD. BECAUSE NEW ADVENTURES OF JESUS AND FRIENDS EPISODE TOMORROWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY

SuperFireKirby

But what about dinosaurs? Or cavemen. r the Indus River Valley Civilization? Or the nomads who crossed Beringia to getto North America 20,000 years ago? How do you explain all of these things that every professor, scientist, and historian says happened? All of which took place before the supposed creation of the world?

SlowPokemon

STOP THE FREAKING ARGUMENTS -________-

This is EXACTLY the type of thing that I was worried would happen if this thread continued. Everyone needs to stop arguing, it won't cause any good and at worst would cause this thread to be locked. Stop fueling the argument! Be the bigger person and just STOP TALKING.

SuperFireKirby

This isn't an argument anymore. I'm simply asking questions because I'd like to know his view of things.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on January 20, 2013, 01:55:42 PMIm saying that gradual adaptations overtime will become evolution, essentially

Ninja'd: What ever happened to God loves all? ::) Were catholics too you know
And you don't understand the difference between my definition of "adaption" on the generally 'accepted' definition of "adaption," in correlation to evolution (as I have pointed out).

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on January 20, 2013, 01:56:45 PMFurther more, while there ABSOLUTELY no physical evidence that can prove the existence of a god, there's ABSOLUTELY NO EVIDENCE THAT REFUTES THE EXISTENCE OF EVOLUTION. THERE HAS NEVER HAS BEEN ANYTHING FOUND THAT COULD DISPROVE EVOLUTION. EVER.
You're not making any sense... how would we, humans, be able to prove or disprove the existence of a deity?? Yeah...
And, yes, there is information that refutes evolution, although not many people are willing to accept it; evolution in itself is very illogical, when you don't factor in merely your preferences for it...

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on January 20, 2013, 02:06:16 PMBut what about dinosaurs? Or cavemen. r the Indus River Valley Civilization? Or the nomads who crossed Beringia to getto North America 20,000 years ago? How do you explain all of these things that every professor, scientist, and historian says happened? All of which took place before the supposed creation of the world?
They would have to have happened after, which would mean that either Creation happened far, far before, or scientists have their dates mixed up (either way, given that we are dealing with such large time periods, would be possible, since we don't know what could or could have happened to somehow distort information on such records of the past, if you understand what I am saying).

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 20, 2013, 02:07:45 PMSTOP THE FREAKING ARGUMENTS -________-

This is EXACTLY the type of thing that I was worried would happen if this thread continued. Everyone needs to stop arguing, it won't cause any good and at worst would cause this thread to be locked. Stop fueling the argument! Be the bigger person and just STOP TALKING.
Yes.
...but I must say, unless arguments degrade into insult-fights, they do not necessarily make you any "bigger" or "smaller."

For now, let us abide by the motto "Quit while you're a head."

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber