News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

AWESOME PICTURES OF MY HOMETOWN XD

Started by dahans, September 27, 2011, 09:00:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dahans

http://imageshack.us/g/24/03062011002.jpg/

Last friday I was terribly bored xD. So I went to every sight of eisenstadt with my bike to take some pictures (it's definitely NOT easy to take pictures, while riding your bike). The people in Eisenstadt were really surprised and irritated to see a villager taking pictures of all the sights xD.

Some facts about Eisenstadt... (if you are a geography nerd xD) Fun fact: eisenstadt is "ironcity" in english^^
Area    42.91 km2 (17 sq mi)
Elevation    182 m  (597 ft)
Population    12,190  (1 January 2006)
 - Density    284 /km² (736 /sq mi)
(Wikipedia ftw xD)
As you see, Eisenstadt is a really small town. Nevertheless, there are a many places that are definitely worth seeing!
Eisenstadt is primarly known for classical music. (vienna is 50 km next to eisenstadt and raiding [where liszt was born] is 20km next to eisenstadt] The very famous composer Joseph Haydn lived here with his wife for more than 40 years. He composed many of his most famous compositions here (the creation for example). Most of his pieces were performed in the "haydnsaal" (~"Haydnhall"). You can find the haydnsaal in the castle "Esterhazy". (you will see beautiful pictures of this castle xD)

Then there is the "haydnchurch" (yes Haydn was very important for us xD). This church had been  supposed to be bigger than St Peter's Basilica in Rome, but unfortunately couldn't afford it... so it remained "unfinished" ever since. Haydn's mausoleum (unfortunately it was closed) is right next to the entrance [Haydn's mausoleum]

The city hall was built in the late 15th centure/beginning of the 16th century. It's one of the oldest buildings in eisenstadt.

Almost next to the city hall you can see the plague column, built in the late 17th century.

I have also uploaded a pic of my house and my garden xD.

http://imageshack.us/g/24/03062011002.jpg/

I hope you will like it ;). I recommend to play it as a slideshow!
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

MaestroUGC

I've always wanted to see the Esterhazy estate. Correction, I've always wanted to perform in the Esterhazy estate.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

dahans

Quote from: MaestroUGC on September 27, 2011, 09:04:52 AMI've always wanted to see the Esterhazy estate. Correction, I've always wanted to perform in the Esterhazy estate.
Haha xD same here... :/

dahans

Come on people! I took 90 pictures just for you! xD I want to see COMMENTS :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D.

Ruto

XD I had no idea Eisenstadt was that rural in some places. Now I'll definitely have to come here with my own camera! :D

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Roz~

Kinda looks like the place where I live.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

dahans

:D That sounds interesting! I was also surprised that there are sheep next to my house xD. Is there also a castle in your hometown, ROZ? :D

Roz~

Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

dahans

Sounds great! I love castles :D. I will definitely come and visit you someday ;).

Ruto

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Saria

Nou. I hasn't seen you paint in a long time. I want dat Hyrule painting. :<
Quote from: Slow
SARIABALL
Quote from: manio
I love taking wiener schnitzel in my mouth
Quote from: Kefka
cooperating anal
Quote from: ZeldaFanmy dream is to get a quote in someone's sig someday

dahans

Haha great! I also want that Hyrule painting. xD

Saria

Nou.

That but without Link and Epona. :3
Quote from: Slow
SARIABALL
Quote from: manio
I love taking wiener schnitzel in my mouth
Quote from: Kefka
cooperating anal
Quote from: ZeldaFanmy dream is to get a quote in someone's sig someday

DrP

Eisenstadt is so pretty! I'd totally love to go and visit and everything (but alas, no time and money) -- however I will have to go around SLO (the city where I go to college and post on a thread -- I say we ALL do this)

Literally behind my apartment building are a bunch of goats on the hill leading up to Mount San Luis.

I do live in that type of place where you have rural and town together. It's totally European around here, for sure!

dahans