News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

Welcome to our first arrangement contest!

Started by Cobraroll, October 10, 2011, 09:25:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should we try another round?

Frankly, I don't care and I wouldn't enter anyway
1 (5.3%)
Yes, but I'm unsure if I would enter or not
4 (21.1%)
Yes, and I would like to participate in it
9 (47.4%)
Yes, and I would like to volunteer as a judge
3 (15.8%)
No, I don't think enough people are interested
0 (0%)
No, the entire idea is stupid
2 (10.5%)
No, other (state in topic)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 19

SlowPokemon

I have a question; are we allowed to show our arrangement to others for critique before submission?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Brassman388

I'd imagine that wouldn't be a bad idea or something anyone would go against.

Olimar12345

Quote from: Olimar12345 on October 11, 2011, 06:21:40 PMI literally just took the melody. thats it. is that kewl?
Literally, JUST the motive. WE kewl? Yes? No?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

MaestroUGC

The melody is essential to knowing what the original was and being able to establish that connection. A motif is much harder to do so because it's much shorter than most melodic material and can be taken from multiple sources (ike if it is the ground work for a couple of themes from the same game.) My answer would be reworking to melody alone is perfectly fine, but just one motif from a greater theme is not nearly enough to establish the original and understand what exactly you changed.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Olimar12345

Whatever-I'm doing a short song anyway(the original song being 32 seconds long), so I dont think it's that big of a deal.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Olimar12345

Hey are we still doing this? 'Cause I just finished my piece...

Cobraroll

Yup, the contest is still running!

Perhaps we should have sign-ups next time. At least we can get an estimate of how many contestants there are going to be...
Looks like there will be little competition for the prize this time. The judges are happy, at least.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Olimar12345

Kind of off-topic, but has the description for the music thread always been just a "?" ?  lol.

SlowPokemon

Wat we could've been submitting this whole time? Mine's been done for like two weeks.

dahans

Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Dudeman

Wow. Talk about inverting the mood! It sounds like it belongs in Kirby's Epic Yarn! (This is coming from a judge!)
Unfortunately, not very playable when it comes to piano. Can you adjust that?
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

MaestroUGC

No he can not, if he submitted it then that version is final.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

dahans

I think it's playable! I have seen much more difficult pieces ;).

Quote from: dahans on October 28, 2011, 04:35:55 PMAlright... here it is! If you call me crazy, I can understand that.

http://www.mediafire.com/?3bei53ogljvi731

:D
My arrangement is based on the following song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNJJ-QkZ8cM
Lavender town- Pokemon R/B
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Cobraroll

Anyway, could you edit your submission post with a link to the original song? The one you used as a basis for your arrangement? Thanks in advance!
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

SlowPokemon