News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

The "Fixing the Sheets" Project

Started by Shadoninja, October 02, 2011, 09:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadoninja

Quote from: xK-NiGhTx on January 06, 2012, 04:38:21 PMI wonder if i could help...but i'd have to take all the easy ones :0 n00b hear xD
dooooeeeet.

you should join in. I want this to be as much of a learning experience as a file maintenence and cleanup project.

Quote from: Bloop on January 07, 2012, 04:55:06 AMI don't know, I always say would for some reason.
you WOULD say that :P
so are you in or out?

Poll Results:

Super Smash Bros. - 5 (12.2%)
Animal Crossing - 0 (0%)
Harvest Moon - 1 (2.4%)
Sonic - 1 (2.4%)
Kirby - 4 (9.8%)
Donkey Kong - 2 (4.9%)
Castlevania - 0 (0%)
Mega Man - 0 (0%)
Star Fox - 1 (2.4%)
Banjo Kazooie - 3 (7.3%)
Fire Emblem - 1 (2.4%)
Metal Gear Solid - 1 (2.4%)
Final Fantasy - 3 (7.3%)
Tales - 0 (0%)
Super Mario - 2 (4.9%)
Pokemon - 5 (12.2%)
Golden Sun - 0 (0%)
The Legend of Zelda 10 (24.4%)
More... - 2 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

looks like our next section is going to be The Legend of Zelda.
It's quite a big section so perhaps we could only look over a select few of them. What's everyone's opinion on the matter?
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Clanker37

I think that because it's such a big section that more people would be familar enough to be able to arrange them. Besides if we're going to be fixing the sheets until they're all perfect, then why should we put Zelda aside just because it's big? Sure it'll take a while, but it's got to be done and it may aswell be done now. That's what I think, anyway.

Also sign me up! My Zelda knowledge may be limited to four games, but I think I may be able to help.

Bloop

Meta-Ridley

gaaah i missed the vote!! that sucks. Anyways, I'm glad we're doing these big sections before we lose enthusiasm, and i also hope that we do Super Smash Bros after the Legend of Zelda!

starrgrl24

Just get this over with. :P I'm totally in. xD

I like chocolate. :3

Olimar12345

Me too! Lets do this!

I have already revised and uploaded these(a few updates ago)
Links Awakening
-Mabe Village
-Game Over

And I have replacements for all of my own sheets as well.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Sekter77

I know that me and DekuTrombonist had some Ocarina of Time replacements a while back. Guess we can finally use those!

I know that I have Goron City, Gerudo Valley, Kaepora Gaebora, and Horse Race lying around. I think I've still got one of Kokiri Forest and maybe a couple of others as well.

Other wise, I'd say we should re-do Wind Waker and Twilight Princess because they're probably going to be more popular (and because the formatting on most of them is pretty bad), but otherwise I don't think anyone's really looked at the portable games so they are in need of just as much help probably. I suppose I can work on Link's Awakening replacements. I'll post my thoughts on them sometime next weekend.
Guitar and video games.

Bloop

I think I can work on some TP Arrangements then.

MassiveMayhem

I'm in, I need something to do besides waste my life sleeping.
Arrangement Project? It's a maybe.

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: Sekter77 on January 10, 2012, 12:47:31 PMI know that me and DekuTrombonist had some Ocarina of Time replacements a while back. Guess we can finally use those!

Yeah, errrrr... sorry about not putting those up earlier  :-[

Sekter77

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on January 10, 2012, 03:00:39 PMYeah, errrrr... sorry about not putting those up earlier  :-[
Don't worry about it! It's not a big deal. Anyway, I went ahead and took a look at the first 2 Link's Awakening sheets and did some simple changes.
Angler's Tunnel
I moved it an octave higher and changed the notes in the run at the end to flats for easier readability.

Animal Village
I think I just added some articulation in this one.

I also changed the composer information for both sheets. Koji Kondo actually did not work on this game. It was composed by Kozumi Totaka, Minako Hamano, and Kozue Ishikawa according to Wikipedia.
Guitar and video games.

Shadoninja

Quote from: xK-NiGhTx on January 10, 2012, 05:04:25 AMI'm in. And i think...

welcome to the team! shall I put you down as Quality Assurance, Arranger, or both?

Quote from: Clanker37 on January 10, 2012, 05:33:45 AMI think that because it's such a big section that more people would be familar enough to be able to arrange them. Besides if we're going to be fixing the sheets until they're all perfect, then why should we put Zelda aside just because it's big? Sure it'll take a while, but it's got to be done and it may aswell be done now. That's what I think, anyway.

Also sign me up! My Zelda knowledge may be limited to four games, but I think I may be able to help.
yeah you're probably right.

welcome to the team! same as above, shall I put you down as Quality Assurance, Arranger, or both?

Quote from: Meta-Ridley on January 10, 2012, 07:11:43 AMgaaah i missed the vote!! that sucks. Anyways, I'm glad we're doing these big sections before we lose enthusiasm, and i also hope that we do Super Smash Bros after the Legend of Zelda!
we might but first we finish Metroid and then move on to Zelda.

Quote from: starrgrl24 on January 10, 2012, 10:53:33 AMJust get this over with. :P I'm totally in. xD

I'm glad you're enthusiastic. hmm perhaps we could at least get something started with zelda in the other thread.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on January 10, 2012, 11:21:09 AMMe too! Lets do this!

I have already revised and uploaded these(a few updates ago)
Links Awakening
-Mabe Village
-Game Over

And I have replacements for all of my own sheets as well.
great!

looking over those two, they may need a little bit of formatting.

Quote from: Sekter77 on January 10, 2012, 12:47:31 PMI know that me and DekuTrombonist had some Ocarina of Time replacements a while back. Guess we can finally use those!

I know that I have Goron City, Gerudo Valley, Kaepora Gaebora, and Horse Race lying around. I think I've still got one of Kokiri Forest and maybe a couple of others as well.

Other wise, I'd say we should re-do Wind Waker and Twilight Princess because they're probably going to be more popular (and because the formatting on most of them is pretty bad), but otherwise I don't think anyone's really looked at the portable games so they are in need of just as much help probably. I suppose I can work on Link's Awakening replacements. I'll post my thoughts on them sometime next weekend.
that'd be fantastic.

well we'll be doing all of them so the order doesn't really matter.

you should probably work on theme of super metroid first :P and we can worry about zelda after we're done with metroid. plus, we should be organized first before we start claiming zelda sheets.

Quote from: Bloop on January 10, 2012, 01:07:00 PMI think I can work on some TP Arrangements then.
same as above, we need to see who's currently doing zelda sheets first and then we can see what's available and then we start claiming. I want to reduce the amount of people working on the same sheet by accident.

Quote from: MassiveMayhem on January 10, 2012, 02:48:15 PMI'm in, I need something to do besides waste my life sleeping.

welcome to the team! same as above, shall I put you down as Quality Assurance, Arranger, or both?

Quote from: Sekter77 on January 10, 2012, 03:44:49 PMDon't worry about it! It's not a big deal. Anyway, I went ahead and took a look at the first 2 Link's Awakening sheets and did some simple changes.
Angler's Tunnel
I moved it an octave higher and changed the notes in the run at the end to flats for easier readability.

Animal Village
I think I just added some articulation in this one.

I also changed the composer information for both sheets. Koji Kondo actually did not work on this game. It was composed by Kozumi Totaka, Minako Hamano, and Kozue Ishikawa according to Wikipedia.

for now, could you post zelda sheets in this thread? thanks.

In a moment, I'll compile a list of the zelda sheets and links to the original and post them in the other thread. At this moment, please do not claim a sheet. if you are currently working on a replacement from zelda, please post in that thread. As mentioned above, I need to make sure that two people won't accidentally work on the same sheet.

Shadoninja