Moose9045- Mushroom Hill Zone, First arrangement.

Started by moose9045, October 22, 2011, 04:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moose9045

Bear with me please, this is my first arrangement..
Ok, first off, how do I upload it to a MUS so people on the forums can see it?
Second off,on a few measures it won't let me edit....Why?
Gracias amigos.
The tempo of the song is 130, could someone add that in for me? Notepad 2008 doesn't seem to be capable of this feature.

DonValentino

Welcome to NSM!  :D
You can upload your .mus files to a file storage site (mediafire, rapidshare, megaupload, whatever...) and copy the file link on your posts, so we can download it and see it.
And second... what Finale are you using? I don't know why on a few measures you can't edit, as I've never had this problem, but it could be related on which Finale version you have.
Finally, just click on the "text tool" (the icon with an "A"), click on the sheet and write whatever you want.

Hope I helped!   ;)

MassiveMayhem

You're probably already done with the arrangement, but in the future, to make it easier for you, remember to start Finale with the "Start up Wizard"  It easily lets you choose your instruments, time signature, key signature, and Titles.
Arrangement Project? It's a maybe.

Shadoninja

Quote from: moose9045 on October 22, 2011, 04:33:34 PMOk, first off, how do I upload it to a MUS so people on the forums can see it?
Second off,on a few measures it won't let me edit....Why?
Then, how do I put the "Composed By" and my name(Moose9045) under the arrangement? ???
1)I'd highly recommend mediafire or dropbox(especially dropbox). if you go with dropbox, put the file in the public folder it generates and then you can copy the public link from the folder or the website.
2)Are you using simple entry on those measures or another tool?
3)Text tool, the icon that looks like the capital A. Double click on the sheet and type the information in.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

moose9045

Quote from: WarioMan98 on October 23, 2011, 03:35:28 AMWelcome to NSM!  :D
You can upload your .mus files to a file storage site (mediafire, rapidshare, megaupload, whatever...) and copy the file link on your posts, so we can download it and see it.
And second... what Finale are you using? I don't know why on a few measures you can't edit, as I've never had this problem, but it could be related on which Finale version you have.
Finally, just click on the "text tool" (the icon with an "A"), click on the sheet and write whatever you want.

Hope I helped!   ;)
Thanks for the warm welcome sir!  :)
I'm using Finale NotePad 2008. It has some red notes that won't let me erase them..
And I have the Title and Composer(Sega Sound Team). I just don't have my name(moose9045), and there seems to be no option to add it..
I'm in megaupload, but it seems that I can only "see" the file when I'm in Finale..Hence I can't upload it. <_<
Nevermind, I've got it and my arrangement name on it. Here you guys go:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HHMQTT05

Shadoninja

Quote from: moose9045 on October 23, 2011, 09:18:39 AMI'm using Finale NotePad 2008. It has some red notes that won't let me erase them.

those red notes indicate that the notes are on another layer, in this case layer 2. you would have to switch back to layer 1 and re-enter the notes and delete the notes in layer 2.
to change layers, click on the number 1 on the bottom right corner. alternatively, use the keyboard shortcut Alt+Shift+1/2/3/4.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

moose9045

Quote from: Shadoninja on October 23, 2011, 10:29:55 AMthose red notes indicate that the notes are on another layer, in this case layer 2. you would have to switch back to layer 1 and re-enter the notes and delete the notes in layer 2.
to change layers, click on the number 1 on the bottom right corner. alternatively, use the keyboard shortcut Alt+Shift+1/2/3/4.
Thanks, but how does it look so far?

DonValentino

Quote from: moose9045 on October 23, 2011, 12:43:34 PMThanks, but how does it look so far?

Could you please be a bit more specific? I don't really know what you mean, sorry.  :P

moose9045

Quote from: WarioMan98 on October 23, 2011, 01:23:26 PMCould you please be a bit more specific? I don't really know what you mean, sorry.  :P
Sorry, I meant the sheet music. Like, does it look like I did an ok job? What can I do to improve it?

fingerz

Welcome Moose9045! Until recently I was using Finale Notepad 2008 to arrange, so if you need any assistance with anything, just ask. By the way, you can add a metronome marking in FN2008, you just have to do it by using the text tool. :)

I'll take a look at your arrangement when I can download it, which will be next weekend. 'Til then! :D
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

DonValentino

Quote from: moose9045 on October 23, 2011, 02:25:19 PMSorry, I meant the sheet music. Like, does it look like I did an ok job? What can I do to improve it?

Let us see it and judge ourselves!  :D
Upload the file as I explained on my first post here and post the link. Then we will tell you if there's something you could improve.  :)

moose9045

Quote from: WarioMan98 on October 23, 2011, 02:29:50 PMLet us see it and judge ourselves!  :D
Upload the file as I explained on my first post here and post the link. Then we will tell you if there's something you could improve.  :)
Alright, thanks bro. Here's the link:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XZJ05QHD
Thanks again for the warm welcome everyone. :D

Jub3r7

Just for future reference, mediafire.com works just as well as megaupload but without the wait time. XD
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

DonValentino

Quote from: Jub3r7 on October 23, 2011, 02:44:12 PMJust for future reference, mediafire.com works just as well as megaupload but without the wait time. XD

Whoa! I completely forgot that! Yeah, so please, use mediafire.  :-[

Quote from: moose9045 on October 23, 2011, 02:33:37 PMAlright, thanks bro. Here's the link:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XZJ05QHD
Thanks again for the warm welcome everyone. :D

Your welcome!  ;)
You should take a look at this. You don't have to follow it rigidly, but it would make your sheet look better: We like quality over quantity!  :D

And the arrangement itself... Not bad, considering it's your first one. You should remove those blank measure on page 2, they're useless!  :P
I just checked it a bit, and the left hand sound weird in some places. I'd want to compare it to the original, but now I have to go, tomorrow I'll take a closer look to it.  :)

moose9045

Quote from: WarioMan98 on October 23, 2011, 02:59:40 PMWhoa! I completely forgot that! Yeah, so please, use mediafire.  :-[

Your welcome!  ;)
You should take a look at this. You don't have to follow it rigidly, but it would make your sheet look better: We like quality over quantity!  :D

And the arrangement itself... Not bad, considering it's your first one. You should remove those blank measure on page 2, they're useless!  :P
I just checked it a bit, and the left hand sound weird in some places. I'd want to compare it to the original, but now I have to go, tomorrow I'll take a closer look to it.  :)
How do you remove the measures?