News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

Mario Kart Wii

Started by musicguy49, February 23, 2008, 10:14:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

musicguy49

I'm sure a lot of you have heard of this game so here's what we know about it.

The game will come with a racing wheel although you can use the wii remote and the nunchuk, the classic controller and the gc controller. You still have the same difficulty levels such as 50cc (only for karts), 100cc (only for bikes) and 150cc (for both). That's right, a new addition to the game is bikes which are very different from normal karts. Races will feature 12 karts/bikes instead of 8. There are 12 characters right from the beginning : Baby Mario, Baby Peach, Toad, Koopa, Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Princess Peach, Wario, Waluigi, Donkey Kong, and Bowser. You will also be able to play with you Miis. There are 32 tracks : 16 old ones + 16 new ones.

Of course, online will be a big part of the game. 12 players online (with the possibility of playing online with 2 people on the same console)+ online battles! There may even be a Mario Kart channel in the game but few informations are known about that.
It will be released April 10th in Japan and April 11th in Europe. No dates for North-America.
Source: http://wii.ign.com/articles/852/852952p4.html

So, there you go. Hope you didn't already know all that!

razer84

yay, no plagiarism!

i already read that on IGN, but still cool.

damn commies.

Concerto No.20 in D minor

OMG I REALLLLLLY hope those are beta shots...those graphics are worse than double dash.

blah54

i hope they make some of the tracks more challenging... mario kart tracks tend to be a little easy, and it would be nice to see some more difficult tracks added...

It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.

musicguy49

that's true. Mario Kart Ds was pretty easy. The rainbow track thing in Double Dash was quite difficult though.

Concerto No.20 in D minor

LOL I don't know if I've ever completed the Mario Kart Double Dash Rainbow Road (long title) track WITHOUT falling off....ever!

Shiny Boy

Those screens are just a bad resolution. Pretty common. The graphics will probably be just as good as Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
Rainbow Road was my favorite (because everyone else hated it). I've had many perfect runs (i.e. not falling off).
Some of those courses look very cool.
Bow to me, for I am...Shiny Boy!

Olimar12345

Waluigis stadium's on the next one? awsome! that's like my favorite one!!!  ;D
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Lildigipoke2

why bring back waluigi stadium? I hated that stage!

CHOCOLATEEEEEEE

musicguy49

I liked the Waluigi stage. But my favorite one in Double Dash was the Wario one!

Lildigipoke2

CHOCOLATEEEEEEE

pumpy_heart

Quote from: Lildigipoke2 on February 25, 2008, 02:57:42 PMsame here!
Then why didn't yuo say that the first time and save a post?
Anyways, I'm considering this game. I haven't gotten a console racer in a while...
If I had to pick a track to come back from Double Dash, it would have to be Luigi Circuit. I love that music + pure ownage at that stage = Success!

Lildigipoke2

Quote from: pumpy_heart on February 26, 2008, 11:12:51 AM
Quote from: Lildigipoke2 on February 25, 2008, 02:57:42 PMsame here!
Then why didn't yuo say that the first time and save a post?
Anyways, I'm considering this game. I haven't gotten a console racer in a while...
If I had to pick a track to come back from Double Dash, it would have to be Luigi Circuit. I love that music + pure ownage at that stage = Success!
sry....anyway...i'm just obsessed with Rainbow Road on Double Dash.....i don't want Mario Kart Wii to change it...it's so fun to race on

CHOCOLATEEEEEEE

KINGOFTH3CASTLE

best game ever,                                                                                          just kidding

it is a very great game and on the wii
all hail the king of the castle

razer84

the game isn't out yet...???

damn commies.