News:

Are you on Discord? Join our server!

Main Menu

Mario Kart Wii

Started by musicguy49, February 23, 2008, 10:14:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiny Boy

That happened to me a lot in Double Dash too, especially during 150cc. And Mirror Mode, which made it all the more confusing and painful.
Bow to me, for I am...Shiny Boy!

Jamaha

The more the merrier.

I like having 12 racers on the track at once, makes things more interesting.

MegaMoo

Quote from: Gamer4250 on April 29, 2008, 10:14:38 PMAfter playing this game a ton more, theres only 1 real complaint I have: 12 racers is too many!  With all these people, there are way too many items flying around, including 3x more lighting and blue shells than in the last game, which is INCREDIBLY annoying.  Here's a basic race for me: 

In first place
Get hit by a red shell, 2nd place guy coming up behind
Blue shell comes out of nowhere and hits me, I fall back to third
Lightning strikes the second I recover from the blue shell, immensely slowing me down so that it takes me forever to regain my spot at first.

Exactly, except on 150cc instead of the red shell part, a racer from behind will crash into you with a mushroom, star, or other speeding item and you'll psin out into another driver from behind. By the time you get going again, you're in 10th or 11th place.

nacho2420

lol part of the rainbow road soundtrack (starting at 00:23)
sounds like the gusty garden theme from super mario galaxy
i just happened to notice it and i thought it was kinda funny  :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?dw1dsmtdzmk

zahndy

i'm having a golden wii wheel online, wut does that mean?
please delete this account

MegaMoo

That just means that you use the Wii Wheel a lot (opposed to the Gamecube controller, etc.)

zahndy

ooohh, i thought it was because i got gold il all 50cc, 100cc. and 150cc the first four cups.
but my wii wheel usage is 100%
please delete this account

Dude

Quote from: nacho2420 on May 11, 2008, 02:42:08 PMlol part of the rainbow road soundtrack (starting at 00:23)
sounds like the gusty garden theme from super mario galaxy
i just happened to notice it and i thought it was kinda funny  :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?dw1dsmtdzmk

I thought it was Good Egg Galaxy... :-\

Shervin

Quote from: DrHectic on April 16, 2008, 03:21:02 AMDrifting in this game is awful!! If you liked the DS Mario Kart (and snaking :P) you're going hate drifting in this! Manual drift = jump and slide + wait for blue sparks and wait longer for red sparks.

Some of the new courses are pretty awesome though. Battle mode a huge disappointment.
i loved snaking in the DS one and i was really good at it.

now i play mario kart wii and i love it.

so yeah.

my rank is like 9--- i forgot what... but yeah. anyone want to race?

Dude

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

I got 2 star rating!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :P

KefkaticFanatic

I haven't even finished 100cc because I have no time/Lost Odyssey eats my gaming time!

me irl
[close]

Dude

I wants to race someone... Anyone up for it? :-\

Brawler4Ever

I just won a race by a 64th of a second...
;D
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Shiny Boy

Wow...really cuttin' it close. I love winning races like that...but it is invariably the worst way to lose.
Bow to me, for I am...Shiny Boy!

musicguy49

Is it just me or is Mario Kart Wii isn't as entertaining and long-lasting as the other mario karts?
My favorite one is still Double Dash!