News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

TWG XXIII: Manhunt Post Game

Started by Mashi, December 10, 2011, 06:56:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mashi

Guys, I wrote a post game twice and my computer crashed both times and I'm tired, so I'll write it later, even though it's especially important to make in this particular game.

Role Reveal:
Human - davy - You voted for SuperFireKirby Day 1 because his analysis of the wolfing was something that could have discreetly have placed a red herring on you.  I feel that your vote was a bit of an overreaction, but I enjoyed that you were trying to actually vote based on suspicion in order to promote some activity through controversy, rather than just safety like some other Players.  During the Whirr v. Jub3r7 affair, you chose to vote for Whirr over Jub3r7, which I find is understandable.  I think that the main lesson in that is that it's better to analyse people based on their own characteristics and atributes (Rather than what the norm for a certain Role's behaviour is.) and that activity and inactivity do not denote someone's Role.  One of the arguments against Whirr was that he was jokingly stating that he was a Wolf; although a regular Human shouldn't do that, it's in Whirr's nature to do so as a Human and a Wolf and therefore does not place him in suspicion because of it.  Of course, you're still new in the community and it would be too unlikely for nearly anyone to understand how Players usually act in games for you to understand Whirr's satirical attitude, so you're forgiven!  Your second argument against Whirr was that he was inactive, while Jub3r7 was active (And more helpful).  I feel that it should be noted that both Humans and Wolves can be active and inactive, as well as helpful and unhelpful in games and that behaviour from activity is the only manner in which people should be analysed.  You probably would have been more ambivalent in your vote had you been able to chat with Whirr.  But anyway, despite what some others may believe, I think you played quite well and am looking forward to see you play in the future, so good job!

Human - Wrydryn - You posted in the topic a bit and stuff and then reacted to dillemma that Jub3r7 caused on Day 2 by voting for you.  In one of your posts, you analysed davy as a Player, which is something that you probably shouldn't have done, since davy was a confirmed Human.  Something that I feel that I should note is that Humans should try to act Human in cases where it's in their best interest to do so (I apologise for the wording!  I mean to say that when a Human is not trying to act like a Special to fool Wolves or doing frivolous things to promote activity, Humans should not act on caprices, but logically think things out).  Wolves are always actively thinking about the image they present to others in a TWG, which is why Wolves often always look Human in games.  Humans, being Humans, usually only think about catching Wolves and often disregard the image they present to other Players, because in their minds, they're already Human.  In Whirr's case, he didn't see the repercussion of analysing davy (Whether consciousy or unconsciously, I'm sure that davy raised an eyebrow at the fact that Whirr would even consider having suspicions towards a confirmed Human.) and was lynched because of it.

Human - SuperFireKirby - You analysed the wolfing Night 1, which was super coll (Though, it unfortunately would not have been useful in this game.  But good job, nevertheless!).  Then you were wolfed Night 2, so good luck next time!

Human - blueflower999 - You were wolfed Night 1, so good luck next time, I suppose!

Human - Dude - You were lynched Day 1 out of bad luck.  You're a good Player though, so better luck next time!

Human - Jub3r7 - I was very interested in observing your performance this game, since you're the best Player here.  You certainly caught my interest when you told me that you were confident towards the identity of the Wolf.  Although I can understand your logic of Process of Elimination, I feel that you became too confident in your resolve against Whirr.  I feel that your voting of Whirr was premature and, had it been a real game where davy was the Wolf, would have lost the game (Though, under the circumstances that you were a Wolf in a real game, this would have been a disingenuous strategy that I could easily see you use to win, so A+++++++++).  I think that it should be noted that in nearly all situations, a Reasonable Doubt will exist in all suspicions and should always be considered.  But nevertheless, after you voted for Whirr and davy posted without voting, you had no reason to not believe that Whirr wasn't a Wolf (Since you were Human and davy became confirmed as a Human), so you can be forgiven!

To clarify, this game composed of 6 Humans under the guise of a Manhunt.  Wolfings were decided through random.org.

This game was not a joke, there was some serious purpose to it (Plus, I can only hope that you all still had fun, nevertheless.  I'll admit that frivolity played a role in the making of it though.) and that purpose was to improve everyone's human performance.  As I stated earlier, the Post Game analysis was especially important because I was meant to underline the important behaviours you all exhibited and differentiate it with those of Wolves, but alas, I'm too indolent and I ran into difficulties, so I apologise, it's my mistake!

If you want to discuss the game and help me (and yourselves!), you could discuss what you've learned about Humans and juxtapose this game with games with Wolves and understand the differences between them in order to enlighten oneself in Wolf Hunting!

Wrydryn

Best part of this is that it should make you rethink some choices that you have made and will make in future games hopefully. This game wasn't really the best for many many reasons. Also our lynchings were just oh so bad, I feel the need to facepalm.

Mashi, you did an awesome job with this game. Looking back on what you were telling me before this game makes perfect sense. Just a spectacular twist.

I just want to say this on a last few things Davy

Quote from: DavyI thought I gave you enough time, and you could have told me when you thought you would be able to go online.
I didn't think it would be an issue but apparently to you it was. Let it be known if it really will be a big deal.

Quote from: DavyAnd don't say I'm terribly stupid only because you're upset I voted for you and made you lose the game.
Not one person wins or loses the game. The group does so collectively. Also sounds like you had no doubt at the end, but you should've had some when the fact is that I was truly a human and we all were.

Quote from: DavyI did a really good job in making this game active, and I have analyzed both of you more than any other player did.
You did a great job keeping the game active, I congratulate you for that. Don't let it get to your head though. Also just analyzing does do anything good if you're just going about to one conclusion. All other players were dead besides us last three and that's when the most analyzing was done, so it makes sense that it would be so too.

SuperFireKirby

QuoteMashi
Quote4. Mashi is the wolf.

Number 4 is most liekly the correct speculation.
WHO SAID IT? WHO MUTHAFUCKIN SAID IT?

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Mashi

Hahahaha, SuperFireKirby, you actually worried me a bit when you said that in the game; I had thought that you may have caught on to the idea.

Anyway guys, don't be too harsh to davy!  We all make mistakes and I'm sure that if he didn't take the lead in the end, another Player would have.  Just focus on what you've learned this game and try not to castigate each other!

blueflower999

I hope we can have another game soon. I was really looking forward to playing this, but I knew deep down that I would die first...
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Jub3r7

It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

davy

Quote from: Wrydryn on December 10, 2011, 08:56:14 PMBest part of this is that it should make you rethink some choices that you have made and will make in future games hopefully. This game wasn't really the best for many many reasons. Also our lynchings were just oh so bad, I feel the need to facepalm.

Mashi, you did an awesome job with this game. Looking back on what you were telling me before this game makes perfect sense. Just a spectacular twist.

I just want to say this on a last few things Davy
I didn't think it would be an issue but apparently to you it was. Let it be known if it really will be a big deal.
Not one person wins or loses the game. The group does so collectively. Also sounds like you had no doubt at the end, but you should've had some when the fact is that I was truly a human and we all were.
You did a great job keeping the game active, I congratulate you for that. Don't let it get to your head though. Also just analyzing does do anything good if you're just going about to one conclusion. All other players were dead besides us last three and that's when the most analyzing was done, so it makes sense that it would be so too.

The reason why I said you lost was because you were the only one I was sure of that you had lost. The wolf didn't had a group this time, so the wolf wins as one person. I still kept the possibility in mind that you could be a wolf until Mashi revealled the roles. And since you sounded like a very annoying wolf who is pissed because he's dead (like Superzombie in TWG II) I thought it wasn't even a small chance.

Briliant idea Mashi, I can't wait for the analyzis.

EDIT: I just realized we broke a record. TWG XXIII was the shortest game in posts.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

Wrydryn

That's a terrible record.

Also, pissed because completely wrong. >:|

Mashi

Hey guys, so I gave my mother my laptop yesterday so she could check her mail as I went to bed.
After eating breakfast this morning, I opened my laptop and there was a virus!
And a good deal of the Post Game was there too!
So I'm just going to do a short performance review rather than a comprehensive study.

EDIT: I finished.

Mashi

Posting again so that everyone who has seen this topic already knows that I've finished.

davy

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

Mashi

Everyone gets MVP!

Though, I can't necessarily give anyone an MVP award, because the game was composed of all Humans.

Jub3r7

Mashi is MVP and LVP for wolves at the same time. :(
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]