News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

Blowing Smoke with Words Here...

Started by spitllama, December 17, 2011, 07:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitllama

But how AWESOME would a medley of the recently released LoZ symphony tracks be- arranged by the best and then united into an orgy of NSM fantastic awesomness?

Let me clarify:

(Colors and order aren't meant to mean anything)

TOGETHER THEY REACH THE GOOD OF ARISTOTELIAN PHILOSOPHY
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Shadoninja

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

spitllama

Submissions Page

Bespinben

I was considering making an arrangement of the Fairy Fountain theme from the orchestrated CD that came with Skyward Sword. The extended harp intro seems hard to replicate on the piano though.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

spitllama

Yah I think it'd have to be two pianos..
Submissions Page

spitllama

Maestro should be the white ranger. I couldn't find a picture with him though
Submissions Page

pumpy_heart

Just because I'm the pink one, I'll consider it.
To be honest, I hate the orchestration of Great Fairy's Fountain. If it's like how it is on the 3DS Nintendo Video, with 2 harps, then 2 woodwinds splitting the melody, eff it. I always heard one beautiful line, not 2 hockety melodic crap.
And you mean just for piano, right? In that case, I could be in. But it would be hard to find differences from the site's piano versions and the dumb'd down (sorry) piano arrangement of the full orchestra. Maybe if we start with a few requests then try a full medley, it might work out better.

Edit: I mean, I could understand why they had to use two harps. It makes sense, because of the change of tuning required, possibly. But then that video, they didn't need to break to retune. The melody was eventually done on one harp with the other accompanying, meaning no need to break to retune. So there was no need to break up the melody in the winds either. The reason to use two harps is to sound like one harp playing, doing physically what one harpist can't do, either in dynamics or playing. /rant against that orchestration.

spitllama

Yes I meant for piano. One arranger takes "this" song and another takes "this" song from the collection of tracks, and when they are all finished, the arrangements are either kept separate or melded together somehow into a medley. A full medley off the bat would be a bad idea I think..
Submissions Page

Bespinben

How about instead of the Fairy Fountain orchestration, why don't we take a shot at the Gerudo Valley orchestration? I really like the different direction it took; made the song sound more like "Gerudo's marching to war for freedom" rather than the relaxed, cool sound of the original.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

spitllama

Submissions Page

Olimar12345

Quote from: pumpy_heart on December 18, 2011, 06:29:25 PMJust because I'm the pink one, I'll consider it.
To be honest, I hate the orchestration of Great Fairy's Fountain. If it's like how it is on the 3DS Nintendo Video, with 2 harps, then 2 woodwinds splitting the melody, eff it. I always heard one beautiful line, not 2 hockety melodic crap.
And you mean just for piano, right? In that case, I could be in. But it would be hard to find differences from the site's piano versions and the dumb'd down (sorry) piano arrangement of the full orchestra. Maybe if we start with a few requests then try a full medley, it might work out better.

Edit: I mean, I could understand why they had to use two harps. It makes sense, because of the change of tuning required, possibly. But then that video, they didn't need to break to retune. The melody was eventually done on one harp with the other accompanying, meaning no need to break to retune. So there was no need to break up the melody in the winds either. The reason to use two harps is to sound like one harp playing, doing physically what one harpist can't do, either in dynamics or playing. /rant against that orchestration.
The split melody in the 2 harps was for stereo effect-Then the woodwinds repeated. After that point it stays one line. Not a bad arrangement imo.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

pumpy_heart

I get that with the harps because two orchestral harps are going to sound very similar. But a flute does not sound like an oboe. I just wanted to die hearing that. Woodwinds and brass each have too characteristic a sound for that to work effectively. Strings, harp, alright. Woodwinds, kill self. And the only time you hear it again is in the chorus. The stereo effect probably would've worked there too. But when you split up a melody, you have to be really careful. And I don't think that's the case on this arrangement.

Gerudo Valley's opening sounds like Carol of the Bells. Once heard cannot be unheard.

EDIT: LOL WENT TO ZELDA CONCERT THOUGHT SAME THINGS. Though the symphony in it's entirety and Majora's Mask bit was far more spectacular than what the disc could offer. Or chose to.