News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

What Do You Think Is Most Beautiful?

Started by SlowPokemon, January 06, 2012, 09:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

In the world. What do you think is the most beautiful thing in the world. Now before the boob jokes get out of hand, I don't mean necessarily attractive, just as a beautiful thing of life.

My top three:
1. Music
Music is the most fascinating and wonderful thing in this world. Definitely. I feel most wonderful when I can hear nothing but an orchestra, or perhaps a vocalist, or maybe even a marching band, just immersing myself in the music and trying to fathom it all. And how is it possible that only twelve notes make up the most beautiful songs in existence? And all the others too? And we all have our own interpretation of it: but it doesn't matter! Because that's what music is all about! It's unchanging, constant, but also incredibly dynamic. And composing? Oh god if I could compose music for movies for a living? My life would be complete. My life's dream? To hear my own music performed by an orchestra. I swear, my life is a song, with a billion different tempos and keys and instruments... music just fascinates me beyond belief.

2. Going Through Life
This one is kinda harder to explain for me, but I think that every event you experience is beautiful...even if it's incredibly ugly or terrifying. I would try to explain it more but I don't know how.

3. A Girl Waving At You
Oh, come on. This might sound awkward or cheesy or whatever, but if you walk into some place and a girl is there, waiting for you, the second she recognizes you and is really happy to see you for some reason you can't figure out and waves at you to come over, it's just one of those things I can't figure out. But is really one of the greatest feelings in the world.

You guys can post here if you want. Maybe I just wanted to rant for a while. Idk.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

ETFROXX

1. my boyfriend Love.
-SUE ME OKAY. Love is beautiful. D:

2. Me People Sometimes.
-I may be a weirdo, but sometimes I just sit here and think about how beautiful Roz some people are and hope they're being appreciated.

3. Spontaneous Acts of Kindness.
-STILL A WEIRDO, I KNOW. But I love it when people randomly decide to help someone else out for a change, or just smile at them for once.

SlowPokemon

Love is definitely beautiful. And it's a sad kind of beautiful when the feelings aren't returned.

Jub3r7

I agree with allllll of those.

- Style. aka everybody's potential persona, the beings they create by increasing their level of friendship with others. It's amazing to think about the stories that could be told about their life, how everybody is unique.
Everybody has some sort of history in their life, regardless of whether or not they seem important. Each person you walk by, is their own unique person regardless if they don't stand out or if they're just copying somebody else.

When you think of life as a fantasy game, where you can have up to four people in your party at once, it's really awesome. You look around for unlockable characters to add to your party, when suddenly you realize that everyone is a character you might convince to join your party.

Some people will make friends with the people that are most beneficial to their progress throughout the game (don't think of this as taking advantage of others; think of it as a person who chooses their friends carefully, acknowledging any negative influences the friends might present, such as a drug addiction, or acknowledging their positive influence, by becoming friends with smart people that help you out when you really need it, but are often cool enough to not let you cheat off them!) while others will choose those that might be considered easy to become friends with (for various reasons, maybe because the player is lazy, or sees that the strengths of that person always has the potential of outweighing their weaknesses, and those that are kind enough to be friends without much effort are often worth a lot more effort than what you give for them) but regardless, everyone develops some sort of bond with the people they encounter every day, whether or not it is a positive or negative bond.
By increasing those bonds, they empower their persona and style, and it is very beautiful.

Also love is a type of bond.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

spitllama

Those are good ones. ETF you have people?

-- Scenery: No matter how you may think it came into existence, there is some awesome stuff out there. Whoever said taking pictures of the landscape is stupid needs to live a little

-- Family: Can you say, support group? I don't know where I'd be without them.

-- Things that make ya cry: All right don't be hatin'. It can be a movie, something really exciting, or really sad. Whatever it is though, if it actually manages to make me tear up (which is harder than you guys think D:) I consider it to be a beautiful moment. You'll always remember it.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

GreekGeek

I agree on the music. I think it has some strange features to it, science will never understand it completely, but I think that's the magic of it. I love it when I press some keys on a piano, it's enough to make some people cry, while I know they don't tear up very easily. That's something I think I will never understand either, it has more emotional power than anything else.

Secondly, love makes a good second (damn, this list is gonna be cliché as hell, but who cares). The feeling of someone loving so much, that he wants to be with you the rest of his entire life, is just incredible. Especially, since I don't think mankind was made for being monogamous.

And third I think I personally would pick nights. Maybe strange, but I think everything is more beautiful in the night and the night itself is a beautiful phenomenon. I love to walk through cities and forests when it's dark and kinda creepy. Gives a weird vibe.

MaestroUGC

The Mind - with its infinite complexities, its boundless potential. We've only begun to understand the this curious organ, yet it has the power to understand everything. In the mind lies everything else, art, music, language, emotion; its so simple in its vastness, yet so complex in its function.

Language - I've often said before that language is our most powerful tool as humans. I don't mean english, spanish, french, etc.; I mean the idea of language, the ability to communicate. With it we can build cities, move mountains, inspire hoardes of people, yet it is often only used for utter brutality. In skilled hands, language can move the wheel of progress. Even with the many languages this world employs, we can find a single medium with which to communicate.

Everything starts as a thought, every thought manifests itself as a word, and every word inspires action.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

SlowPokemon

Had the most amazing, intellectual conversation with Margaret last night about music. Fantastic.