News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

Relationships

Started by ETFROXX, February 06, 2012, 02:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: rulesNo spamming, trolling, creating unnecessary threads or polls, or otherwise post disruptive or obnoxious things.

me irl
[close]

Tobbeh99

Did you remember that weird situation I got at work where I thought there was a girl interested in me (but some other boys where interested in her), and then there came another girl (cause I work full time and get to see/know a lot of people) starting to get interested in me.

Well here's what I think about it now:

Girl 1: She's so "by herself" and maybe shy so I'm starting to not care about her. She's beautiful and special and everything, but if she doesn't care that much or doesn't seem interested in being with me, then I don't care. Also don't know if she's more interested in one of the other boys, they talk a bit, so maybe that's the case.

Girl 2: She's actually been really trying to be with me. Like very obviously. And she's cute and nice, but also kind of messy and "partygirl-y" kind of opposite to girl 1. And I thought girl 1 was interested in me so I didn't bother her much and acted very coldly towards her like "I'm only here to work, NOTHING else". And she apparently quit the job yesterday and also moved to Gothenburg to study (something). So there she went.

Girl 3: Well she's nice and quite but mostly hangs out with girl 2, don't care much for her.

So in the end there seem to be like 1,2 or maybe girls being interested in me, and some boys being interested in girl 1. And in the end, it seems like I didn't get any girl (and not girl 1), and no one else did get a girl, maybe 1 guy but otherwise - no. But I don't really care about the girl (girl 1) anymore. I've been trying to talk with her and contact her, but she doesn't seem to care much for me. And in that case it's not even worth trying or pretending that "there is something happening", because nothing is honestly happening!

Probably gonna try some dating sites or something in the future (so I don't end up single my entire life...). Thinking of making some stupid exaggerated profile, just for fun to see if anything happens XD.   
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

FireArrow

Why is the concept of authenticity so foreign to you?
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Nebbles

Why do you keep comparing women to each other like they're pieces of meat? You're not going to get dates if you keep doing that. Stop. Just hang out with them normally and see where things go.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Tobbeh99

Quote from: FireArrow on January 14, 2017, 09:59:22 AMWhy is the concept of authenticity so foreign to you?

What is even that?

Quote from: Nebbles on January 14, 2017, 12:24:36 PMWhy do you keep comparing women to each other like they're pieces of meat? You're not going to get dates if you keep doing that. Stop. Just hang out with them normally and see where things go.

Cause I want to live with one who I will want to live with for the rest of my life rather than just having a relationship for like a month or so and then after that having another relationship for like a month or 2 and not getting a stable one ever. And I'm very picky and perfectionistic when it comes to everything "quality before quantity", so I want to live with one who I can live with forever and not just stroll around and never finding anyone I care for.

By the Nebbles I don't think I'm the only one doing it, and not only that "it's a thing men do". I remember some film I saw on one of my french lessons which was about some girl hanging out with her friends. And in one episode they were at the beach talking about with of the boys that was best, and after a while they concluded that the very best would be if they like "combined them (their best characteristics)" into one person. So... y... guess some people just compare a lot...

Quote"Just hang out with them normally and see where things go."
Kind of smart idea. Might work.
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Dudeman

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on January 14, 2017, 12:56:34 PMCause I want to live with one who I will want to live with for the rest of my life rather than just having a relationship for like a month or so and then after that having another relationship for like a month or 2 and not getting a stable one ever. And I'm very picky and perfectionistic when it comes to everything "quality before quantity", so I want to live with one who I can live with forever and not just stroll around and never finding anyone I care for.
Oh my god, these are human beings you're talking about. You are never going to find a "perfect" woman, or a perfect anybody. If you're looking for the girl who ticks every box on your list, you are going to live a very lonely life. You're turning a relationship into a checklist. Stop that.
QuoteBy the Nebbles I don't think I'm the only one doing it, and not only that "it's a thing men do". I remember some film I saw on one of my french lessons which was about some girl hanging out with her friends. And in one episode they were at the beach talking about with of the boys that was best, and after a while they concluded that the very best would be if they like "combined them (their best characteristics)" into one person. So... y... guess some people just compare a lot...
THAT DOESN'T MAKE IT RIGHT WHAT THE FUCK
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Nebbles

THAT IS ABSOLUTELY NOT OKAY SINCE OTHER PEOPLE DO IT

Comparing people like that is disgusting and insulting - I don't care WHO does it.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Tobbeh, I really want to like you, but these moments of disgustingly misogynistic shit give me a hard time doing that
what is shitpost

mikey

when I saw PDS had posted I prepared to see a mildly off topic comment that did nothing but insult somebody, presumably tobbeh
unmotivated

Tobbeh99

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 14, 2017, 01:27:36 PMwhen I saw PDS had posted I prepared to see a mildly off topic comment that did nothing but insult somebody, presumably tobbeh
...people just don't understand me, or are too different from me. But idc, it's ok. I'm fine, at least I know myself.

10/10 tobbeh

MaestroUGC

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on January 14, 2017, 12:37:26 PMI'm not sure if people really think I'm the person I think I am (and I don't even really know or care who I am).
Do what now?
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

mikey

here's what you should do:
You've got a whole weekend to think about this.  What kind of dates do you like?  Ice skating, bowling, or an arcade are some good ideas.  I know it seems scary, but pick one and on monday ask her if she'd like to go on a date with you.  If she says yes, you be enthusiastic about it.  Give her the day and time you'll pick her up.  Have some conversations with her during the week, get to know her.  There are a few tricks to living with someone forever.  The first is effort.  Whatever you want your spouse to be like, you need to realize that you should be trying to be that person too.  Effort.  Second, it's highly unlikely that you'll spend the rest of your life with this person, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't date them.  Dating is a great opportunity to interact positively with the opposite sex.  You might even have fun on a date, crazy as it seems.  Also, I think girl number one sounds really fun, I'd ask her, but you're not me.
Don't make another big post in this thread until you've gone on a date, ok?
Just try to do this one thing to prove all the flapjacks in the thread wrong ok
unmotivated

Dudeman

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 14, 2017, 01:41:49 PMJust try to do this one thing to prove all the flapjacks in the thread wrong ok
lol what this is exactly what we're suggesting
stop making dumb comparison posts and just ASK ONE OF THEM OUT ALREADY
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Tobbeh99

Noc... I'm not interested anymore in the girl I talked about, because of the obvious reason that she doesn't seem to care about me. If she really is interested in me, then she'll have to show it. And only time will tell if she is, but atm I say "no, I'm not interested". 

10/10 tobbeh

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 14, 2017, 01:27:36 PMwhen I saw PDS had posted I prepared to see a mildly off topic comment that did nothing but insult somebody, presumably tobbeh
The least I could do in my free weekend <3
what is shitpost