News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

Relationships

Started by ETFROXX, February 06, 2012, 02:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainer Ave

Honestly it's the only sure way for a man to not get fucked over after divorce especially if his kids are involved.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: LeviR.star on May 02, 2017, 02:21:15 PMHey, here's someone with morals! Good for you. ;)

. . .actually no definitely have sex before marriage. Sex is one of those things that can make or break a relationship, don't wait until you're married to figure that out.

Also, let's dispel the myth that the first time you have sex with someone (especially when you're both virgins) that it's amazing. Maybe for you, if you're male-bodied, but more than likely you'll have zero idea what you're doing. It takes time to learn what your partner likes.

Don't wait until marriage to get it on, kids.
what is shitpost

cashwarrior1

Part of me says this is sarcasm, the other part of me says it's not. Why do you torture me so?

Trainer Ave

Look mate, I don't mean until the day I get married but I don't want have sex until I'm sure that the person I do it with unlesss it's someone I'll want to be with for the rest of my life. Id prefer to be at the very least engaged. However having sex just for the heck of it leads to kids that were unwanted (or baby murder) and rampant STDs.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

mikey

I would advise not listening to PDS for the foreseeable future.
He's like waddle bro except waddle bro was smart and rational
unmotivated

Dudeman

It's a scientific fact that sex creates an incredibly strong emotional bond between two people. It's the kind of bond that's supposed to be reserved for when two people are absolutely, fully, 100% committed to each other. Sex before marriage, before you're absolutely set on being together for the rest of your lives, can be disastrous if you decide to break up. You've formed a bond that will not break easily. Ethical arguments aside, it's a huge risk that can be easily avoided.
Besides, in my opinion, sex really shouldn't be a huge factor in what keeps your relationship together. It should be a reward for sticking through things to a lifelong commitment.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

SlowPokemon

Do what you want and be happy, really. But my personal view is that sex before marriage and living together before marriage will let you know what it will actually be like when you're married. You can't know everything about a person without living with them. There's also the issue of not knowing what you like and want without getting experience, but I feel like there's no way I can get that across to the ones who are like "VIRGIN UNTIL WEDDING DAY PARENTS SAY SO AND I THINK ITS MORAL" without legitimately questioning why they believe in that in the first place (not saying that's anyone here, but honestly I've never seen even a remotely logical reason for that particular belief)

@Dudeman it's not scientific fact. Sex does not make everyone form emotional attachments. I don't know what "supposed to" means here. Forgive me, but I think that this kind of thinking is what leads to all sorts of unhealthy views and situations having to do with sex.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Altissimo

Quote from: BoywithoutaFairy on May 02, 2017, 03:19:36 PMHowever having sex just for the heck of it leads to kids that were unwanted (or baby murder) and rampant STDs.

You're implying that people don't use protection tho

I know a lot of people who had/have sex outside of marriage but they're all like "yeah im not stupid, i use protection and make sure my partners dont have STDs"

However you feel about sex before marriage, there is this stereotype that it equates to children or STDs and that is, simply put, not true. You can have unwanted children and get STDs within a marriage. You can also have a shitton of non-marital sex and never get pregnant (or get your partner pregnant) or give/receive STDs. Marriage is not a charm that magically prevents either of these things from happening.

I'm not here to argue about the morality of it, because when it comes right down to it, the difference is in how different people view the act of sex. I do, however, feel the need to correct that misconception. Please do not spread that misconception like an STD.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Altissimo on May 02, 2017, 03:34:31 PMI'm not here to argue about the morality of it, because when it comes right down to it, the difference is in how different people view the act of sex.

This.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Altissimo

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 02, 2017, 03:36:48 PMThis.

Basically it's "sex as a means to create life and/or a manifestation of the highest possible bond of love between two humans" versus "sex as a pleasurable act and/or one that helps two people to grow closer together and know each other better" and there is, ultimately, no good that can come from warring between the two camps. All you can do is not disparage those who believe and live differently. Please live and let live.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Fair points. I just can't stand the idea that sex isn't something that can't be done responsibly, much like alcohol or pot should be.

Ultimately make sure you're safe.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on May 02, 2017, 03:20:55 PMI would advise not listening to PDS for the foreseeable future.
He's like waddle bro except waddle bro was smart and rational

Aww baaabe!! <3<3<3
what is shitpost

Dude

It'd be a kicker if two people who haven't had sex married each other just to realize they aren't even attracted to their partner's gender.

LeviR.star

The wait for sex until after marriage also shows some self-control in people. It's just supposed to be fun, provided it be done right. If anyone thinks that relationships can only last provided that sex is involved, they probably can't find ways to bond otherwise. If relationships worked that way, we might as well call it "free prostitution", which is what it's turning out to be these days.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Altissimo

Quote from: LeviR.star on May 02, 2017, 07:02:19 PMIf anyone thinks that relationships can only last provided that sex is involved, they probably can't find ways to bond otherwise.

No one is arguing this point

QuoteIf relationships worked that way, we might as well call it "free prostitution", which is what it's turning out to be these days.

This however isn't true. Relationships are no different than they have ever been. People have always been, and will always be, trying to get laid as part of their interactions with the opposite (or same, as the case may be) sex. We're just more open about admitting it as a culture, that's all that's changed. The nature of relationships themselves has not.

mikey

back in freud's day sex was very taboo and most of his patients were married women who were very sexually frustrated.  That was why most of his understanding of psychology was so sex-driven
unmotivated