News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

Relationships

Started by ETFROXX, February 06, 2012, 02:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Altissimo

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on May 02, 2017, 07:09:29 PMback in freud's day talking about sex was very taboo and most of his patients were married women who were very sexually frustrated.  That was why most of his understanding of psychology was so sex-driven

ftfy

mikey

Quote from: Altissimo on May 02, 2017, 07:10:01 PMftfy
thx
yeah dudes still had their mistresses or whatever, women were expected to be above such base desires
unmotivated

FireArrow

Quote from: Dudeman on May 02, 2017, 03:25:53 PMIt's a scientific fact that sex creates an incredibly strong emotional bond between two people. It's the kind of bond that's supposed to be reserved for when two people are absolutely, fully, 100% committed to each other. Sex before marriage, before you're absolutely set on being together for the rest of your lives, can be disastrous if you decide to break up. You've formed a bond that will not break easily. Ethical arguments aside, it's a huge risk that can be easily avoided.
Besides, in my opinion, sex really shouldn't be a huge factor in what keeps your relationship together. It should be a reward for sticking through things to a lifelong commitment.

Scientific fact is a strong word not applicable here. Trust me, you can have sex without forming a powerful bond. That stuff usually only happens if you're already in love with the person/think your in love with the person. Then you find out they were only taking advantage of you and boom instant truama.

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on May 02, 2017, 07:09:29 PMback in freud's day sex was very taboo and most of his patients were married women who were very sexually frustrated.  That was why most of his understanding of psychology was so sex-driven

Freud is still really important to our modern underatandinf of human sexuality. He just had a bunch of really dumb shit that we have to ignore (see: penis envy.)

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

AmpharosAndy

FireArrow knows what's up.
innit

SpartanChief17

Spoiler
I've just been watching this debate and have been cheering on the marriage side lol
[close]
Spoiler
I am addicted to this song:
[close]

Trainer Ave

Tbh as an MRA I'm not sure if I even want to get married.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

SpartanChief17

Quote from: BoywithoutaFairy on May 03, 2017, 07:14:45 AMTbh as an MRA I'm not sure if I even want to get married.
Wait, you're a Magnetic Resonance Angiogram? A kind of MRI scan? (Idk if that is humanly possible, lol)
QuoteA magnetic resonance angiogram (MRA) is a type of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan that uses a magnetic field and pulses of radio wave energy to provide pictures of blood vessels inside the body. ... The test is often used to look at the blood vessels that go to the brain, kidneys, and legs.
Spoiler
I am addicted to this song:
[close]

Trainer Ave

No. A Men's Rights Activist
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: BoywithoutaFairy on May 03, 2017, 07:14:45 AMTbh as an MRA I'm not sure if I even want to get married.
it's okay nobody wants to marry you anyways

Spoiler
it's a joke <3 I'm sure BWOAF is just fine
[close]
what is shitpost

mikey

Quote from: BoywithoutaFairy on May 03, 2017, 07:45:04 AMNo. A Men's Rights Activist
that better not be a real thing~

Freud really is important in modern psychology as a majority of our understanding of it comes from later psychologists proving him wrong with large scale studies
unmotivated

Altissimo

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on May 03, 2017, 08:03:34 AMthat better not be a real thing~

sorry babe, it is and it's just what you think it is

Trainer Ave

Tbh most people don't know what the men's rights movement is about and they just brand it as something inherently sexist when it's not. We focus on important issues that men face and we're trying to change things. Nothing about the men's rights movement is decisions in any way
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

cashwarrior1

Makes sense. I don't like supporting any movements because I don't like taking sides. :P

Dudeman

If you stand for nothing, Cash, what'll you fall for?
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

But why
Why do you even care enough about "the issues men face"
unmotivated