News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

Relationships

Started by ETFROXX, February 06, 2012, 02:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cashwarrior1

So I just spent pretty much my entire day hanging out with Sara. We were spending our day in a bigger city an hour south of us, I was getting my new laptop, we were looking at furniture, and I had a piano recital. Sara decided she wanted to tag along to watch my recital, which meant she was with us for the 6+ hour trip. One thing I noticed is that me and Sara seem to like to talk about houses, furniture, and places to live. We see a house that looks like a nice living spot and we start commenting on what houses look nice and if it's a nice place to live. We were walking through a furniture store, commenting on what furniture was nice (mostly the bizarre modern stuff) as well as talking about fun things you can do with them. In the past, we both decided that North Carolina seems like a nice place to live, as we both love mountains. I also noticed that she walks awfully close to me, and we had to walk through the mall all alone, so it looked like we were dating (which made me a little self-conscious). Usually when we walk together through the hall at school, she tends to slowly get closer and closer to me (I don't think it's on purpose) and I slowly move away because I fear that if we made contact, she will immediately pull away and I just felt like avoiding that (really I was doing this instinctively, but I came up with a reason as to why I did it). Today as we were walking through the mall, our arms were just on each other, and we didn't care. She was playing with a computer and I accidentally leaned in too close so my arm was on hers, but she didn't care. I really enjoyed the time spent with her and am glad my mom suggested I invite somebody.  ;D

SpartanChief17

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on May 07, 2017, 06:59:07 PMSo I just spent pretty much my entire day hanging out with Sara. We were spending our day in a bigger city an hour south of us, I was getting my new laptop, we were looking at furniture, and I had a piano recital. Sara decided she wanted to tag along to watch my recital, which meant she was with us for the 6+ hour trip. One thing I noticed is that me and Sara seem to like to talk about houses, furniture, and places to live. We see a house that looks like a nice living spot and we start commenting on what houses look nice and if it's a nice place to live. We were walking through a furniture store, commenting on what furniture was nice (mostly the bizarre modern stuff) as well as talking about fun things you can do with them. In the past, we both decided that North Carolina seems like a nice place to live, as we both love mountains. I also noticed that she walks awfully close to me, and we had to walk through the mall all alone, so it looked like we were dating (which made me a little self-conscious). Usually when we walk together through the hall at school, she tends to slowly get closer and closer to me (I don't think it's on purpose) and I slowly move away because I fear that if we made contact, she will immediately pull away and I just felt like avoiding that (really I was doing this instinctively, but I came up with a reason as to why I did it). Today as we were walking through the mall, our arms were just on each other, and we didn't care. She was playing with a computer and I accidentally leaned in too close so my arm was on hers, but she didn't care. I really enjoyed the time spent with her and am glad my mom suggested I invite somebody.  ;D
*Gives you an applause, and then secretly wishes something like that would happen to me*
Spoiler
I am addicted to this song:
[close]

AmpharosAndy

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on May 07, 2017, 06:59:07 PMI also noticed that she walks awfully close to me
I have a bit of a problem where I walk into people a lot when walking next to them. Maybe it's that. Maybe it's maybelline.
innit

LeviR.star

If she friendzones you I swear I will find her and chew her out until she's guilty down to the bone.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Altissimo

Quote from: LeviR.star on May 08, 2017, 10:56:02 AMIf she friendzones you I swear I will find her and chew her out until she's guilty down to the bone.

... or people could just not be interested in a romantic relationship but still want to be friends???? That's actually kind of disturbing that you see "friendzoning" as such a bad thing.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Altissimo on May 08, 2017, 11:00:06 AM... or people could just not be interested in a romantic relationship but still want to be friends???? That's actually kind of disturbing that you see "friendzoning" as such a bad thing.

I've seen it break guys' hearts before. Some people don't understand how much growth in the heart of a guy can be lost when a girl, all of a sudden, declares she and a guy, "friends". One minute she's head-over-heels, and the next, she's dumping him in the trash. Now, I understand that girls have the right to make such decisions, but it can be done without being a total you-know-what about it. Help him ease into it. Help him understand that he and you would not make a great couple any longer. Do NOT just strike him down out of the blue. That's "friendzoning".
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Olimar12345

Quote from: LeviR.star on May 08, 2017, 10:56:02 AMIf she friendzones you I swear you need to be courteous and respectful of her decision. If you're lucky and show her respect maybe you two can remain friends.

ftfy
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Dudeman

Quote from: Altissimo on May 08, 2017, 11:00:06 AM... or people could just not be interested in a romantic relationship but still want to be friends???? That's actually kind of disturbing that you see "friendzoning" as such a bad thing.
I agree, it's getting a little disconcerting seeing so many posts about how much you young'uns hope some girl is gonna start seeing you romantically.

I went through high school with about an equal number of male friends and female friends. It's actually super cool having a bunch of friends who are girls (or the opposite sex) since you get a different perspective on things. I didn't think about pursuing any of them romantically because that would just corrupt that situation a little bit. My advice: don't go any sort of romantic route unless you've got a strong, purely non-romantic relationship firmly in place first, because it's so much more awesome that way.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

SpartanChief17

QuoteI agree, it's getting a little disconcerting seeing so many posts about how much you young'uns hope some girl is gonna start seeing you romantically.

I went through high school with about an equal number of male friends and female friends. It's actually super cool having a bunch of friends who are girls (or the opposite sex) since you get a different perspective on things. I didn't think about pursuing any of them romantically because that would just corrupt that situation a little bit. My advice: don't go any sort of romantic route unless you've got a strong, purely non-romantic relationship firmly in place first, because it's so much more awesome that way.
I totally agree.  It actually is pretty fun having a group of friends that are girls.  They are just as fun to hang out with as guy groups.
Spoiler
I am addicted to this song:
[close]

Yug_Guy

Quote from: LeviR.star on May 08, 2017, 11:05:15 AMI've seen it break guys' hearts before. Some people don't understand how much growth in the heart of a guy can be lost when a girl, all of a sudden, declares she and a guy, "friends". One minute she's head-over-heels, and the next, she's dumping him in the trash. Now, I understand that girls have the right to make such decisions, but it can be done without being a total you-know-what about it. Help him ease into it. Help him understand that he and you would not make a great couple any longer. Do NOT just strike him down out of the blue. That's "friendzoning".
Tbh, if the guy gets so worked up about it, that's on him. She made her decision: the only real option is to get up and move on.

Also, didn't the term "friendzone" go out of style after 2013? I thought we all agreed to let the concept die.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Yug_Guy on May 08, 2017, 11:12:01 AMAlso, didn't the term "friendzone" go out of style after 2013? I thought we all agreed to let the concept die.

It's a little sad that some people view a single term as something that should "go out of style", and assume that it applies to everyone.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on May 08, 2017, 11:08:04 AMIf she friendzones you I swear you need to be courteous and respectful of her decision. If you're lucky and show her respect maybe you two can remain friends.

Olimar, there's a difference between telling a guy nicely that a friendship work out better, and a girl turning into a total witch, telling the guy they should remain friends, never speaking to him again, and immediately finding another guy. You rewrote my concept there.

Quote from: Dudeman on May 08, 2017, 11:08:50 AMIt's actually super cool having a bunch of friends who are girls (or the opposite sex) since you get a different perspective on things. I didn't think about pursuing any of them romantically because that would just corrupt that situation a little bit. My advice: don't go any sort of romantic route unless you've got a strong, purely non-romantic relationship firmly in place first, because it's so much more awesome that way.

I never said anything against friends of the opposite sex; I actually have quite a few myself. But don't think that either gender won't launch you into a full-blown romantic relationship, and then turn it around without warning.

Dudeman

Quote from: LeviR.star on May 08, 2017, 11:20:15 AMOlimar, there's a difference between telling a guy nicely that a friendship work out better, and a girl turning into a total witch, telling the guy they should remain friends, never speaking to him again, and immediately finding another guy. You rewrote my concept there.
Holy shit, since when is this the friendzone? I thought it's always been known that "friendzoning" someone is politely (and perhaps obliviously) telling them that you should just be friends.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

braix

Because at 16 years old you've totally had enough life experience to talk about relationships.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Olimar12345

Quote from: LeviR.star on May 08, 2017, 11:20:15 AMOlimar, there's a difference between telling a guy nicely that a friendship work out better, and a girl turning into a total witch, telling the guy they should remain friends, never speaking to him again, and immediately finding another guy. You rewrote my concept there.
(ftfy means "fixed that for you.")
Your perspective is so heavily set on one side of the coin that it worries me.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

LeviR.star

Quote from: Dudeman on May 08, 2017, 11:24:57 AMHoly shit, since when is this the friendzone? I thought it's always been known that "friendzoning" someone is politely (and perhaps obliviously) telling them that you should just be friends.

Wait, really? You've never seen this? Man, you must have had a nice high school. I'm jealous.

Quote from: braixen1264 on May 08, 2017, 11:25:23 AMBecause at 16 years old you've totally had enough life experience to talk about relationships.

So sorry, Wendy Walsh; I should have known that age is automatically justification to turn down someone's two cents. Please, let me bask in your implied vast knowledge and become a true expert.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on May 08, 2017, 11:30:11 AMYour perspective is so heavily set on one side of the coin that it worries me.

I don't see how. I've already explained both methods of ending a relationship, good and bad.