News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

Super Piano Guy!!

Started by JDMEK5, February 11, 2012, 02:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDMEK5

Some of you have probably already seen this, but this is absolutely sick!
As stated in the description, his name is Martin Leung.
Not stated in the description, he is now joined up with Video Games Live.
Near the end he plays the Athletic theme from Super Mario World more accurately than anyone else I've ever seen.
You see him smile a little when he gets there, and it sure looks like his favorite.
Now if playing the Main (Main) Theme blindfolded and the Athletic wasn't enough,...... Nah... I won't spoil it...
I was going to post this ages ago, but I forgot.
He also plays other game tunes, but this is his best.
(Super Mario Medley)

EDIT: Check this out too. ;D
(GameCube Startup)

EDIT (Again): Gotta love his dancing and foot action here.
(Banjo-Kazooie Opening)
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Olimar12345

...I don't get it-is there supposed to be a video attached or something?

EDIT: Ok well there's one. :P
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

JDMEK5

Wow, you're right! I can't believe how hardcore I failed there! XD
Anyways, it's up now.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

Olimar12345

I like the first half of the medley, but all of the smw songs are...pretty inaccurate... I mean-he's amazing, but there were alot of weird things goin' on in the smw section...

However, "Gamecube Startup" and "Banjo-Kazooie Opening" are wonderful!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

GreekGeek

^Because the guy is insane. In every way that word can be used.

Insane people are shirtless.

Nana1Popo2

This guy is who got me interested in learning the piano in the first place! e is crazy good. Watching his Super Mario Brothers piece blindfolded is classic!
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

starrgrl24

He got me back into playing piano <3

I saw him playing the super mario medley 7 years ago, back when I was in middle school. ;.; After hearing that, I tried to learn to play a few of the music on piano. I only had 6 months of piano playing experience a few years before, yet I was able to play the super mario main theme blindfolded just like him!! It took several months of hard practice though. (It's all muscle memory, it's not that hard as it seems xD) I can't do that anymore unfortunately. :\ I took violin lessons just before high school. One of the piano teachers at the studio heard me play super mario main theme and suggested I take piano lessons. I took piano lessons...and now I'm a piano major. :D

Yep...I love that guy.

I like chocolate. :3

fabbemannen

This is the guy who made me start playing videogame-music.
I've loved his performances (still do) and I used his sheet music to learn the classic Mario-themes.

Except for his mainsite with all those wonderful performances (I just love his faster version of Kefka's theme), he started uploading daily, yes, d-a-i-l-y, on youtube now
http://www.youtube.com/user/MMLeung

SpoonyBardCanon01

........ I have been a major listener of video game music for, nearly, my entire life...... This guy is what i've always aspired to be...... And you introduced me to him....... Thank you....... (dies peacefully)
Does anyone else think that FFII's "Fighting" would sound good in a rock cover?

JDMEK5

Happy to help!!! (*completely smashing the moment*) This guy re-inspires me too.

My Arrangements